The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rebel Team Chat  (Read 18788 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: Rebel Team Chat
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2009, 06:13 AM »
Did you ever end up going to new york.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:51 AM »
Did you ever end up going to new york.
Yes, myself, RebelFisher, and Ice Rebel, were up there this weekend. The cold-front made for some tuff fishin', below zero-single digits, and constant 30mph wind gusts on Sat., good day for shanty sailing ;D. Took half the day Sat. to find a decent bite. With that said, there wasn't overwelming numbers, especially Sat., but we caught fish, perch was what we were catching. Sun. morning headed back out, into the same general area, and got into a good bite early, then it slowed down around lunch time, and never really picked up the rest of the day,... we really thought, we might limit out early Sun...All together, between the 3 of us, I think we ended up with, about 90 perch both days combined, with, only a handful, being humpbacks. Threw back a bunch of dinks, and then, later on, on Sun. we kept some of them. Lunch on the ice was terrible on Sun. ;D,...I'm sure, all of us, plus, our other buddies that fished with us this past weekend are having terrible flashbacks of the grilled andiolli sausage, smoked kielbasa, venison, and that lousy homemade chicken soup :laugh:.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Where did you end up at SODUS BAY?

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2009, 07:28 AM »
I'm sorry, I should of listed that, Snagger...Irondequoit bay, is where we ended up. I'm sure if we picked a better weekend, we would have done much better. We might head back up in Feb. sometime, if our funds are available. Whether or not, we already said, that it's definitely going to be somewhere we will go again, probably for years to come.

ICE REBEL

« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2009, 04:30 PM »
I must say Salmonrebel all that food we had to eat was by far the worst food i have ever had. I would also have to say for the 3 rebels that thats prob. going to be a yearly trip we are all going to have to take even though i know we had such a bad time but speaking for myself ilove to waste money. The next time we go we would have to pick a better weekend. By the way thank god you gave me that BLS cd it really sucks.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:57 PM »
I must say Salmonrebel all that food we had to eat was by far the worst food i have ever had. I would also have to say for the 3 rebels that thats prob. going to be a yearly trip we are all going to have to take even though i know we had such a bad time but speaking for myself ilove to waste money. The next time we go we would have to pick a better weekend. By the way thank god you gave me that BLS cd it really sucks.
Yeah,...I'll have to agree with all that you said. ;D

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:17 PM »
I always knew salmonrebel loved disco and the jackson five!!!!! :D

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Hey salmonrebel how far is it for you to go up rt. 81 to pulaski, n.y. Oneida gets pretty good last week of february. My lodge is 29 miles north of oneida if you ever want to go. SHANE. Give those private lakes hell.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:53 AM »
Hey salmonrebel how far is it for you to go up rt. 81 to pulaski, n.y. Oneida gets pretty good last week of february. My lodge is 29 miles north of oneida if you ever want to go. SHANE. Give those private lakes hell.
Sounds like a possibility sometime. Me, and the other Rebels were talkin about going to Onieda one of these days. Whether or not, we make it there this year, is up in the air. It's about a 3.5-4 hr. ride up 81, where we live. When I do go up there, it will probably be the 3 of us, it's cheaper to share the expenses, plus, we usually fish together anyway... What are you catchin up there,...walleye?pike?perch?calico?

What do you think about this?, Ice Rebel, and Rebelfisher?

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:57 AM »
I always knew salmonrebel loved disco and the jackson five!!!!! :D
YEAH!!...You forgot, how much I love that  :%$#!: c-RAP! also!

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:51 PM »
sounds like a plan to me...if thats ok with snagger. wouldnt want to intrude or anything. just havin a guy who knows the place better than we do is a PLUS!!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:37 PM »
(onieda) I couldn't do this by myself right now, anyway. Between, being unemployed, and my vehicle situation at the moment. If I could swing it. I would love to go.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Hey don't make a guy way up in N.Y. keep this post alive. Had to be something to talk about today. Still a tough bite on oneida, but did manage a noon to 2 pm 4 keeper walleye flurry(lost one at the hole) Could be a start. Also the steelhead guys at my lodge absolutly crushed them at the schoolhouse hole across the street this weekend. FISH ON!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:03 AM »
Sounds good Snagger...I was only on the forum for about a half hour sunday morning, before I met up with Ice Rebel and Rebelfisher. Headed out to Lily lake. What a waste of time. Total talley was 2 keeper perch, 10in. stockie,...oh, and Rebelfisher was onto a dink bluegill bite for a little while,...hooray! ::)

Sat., me and the other Rebels were out at the Moon Lake ice derby, held by our conservation club we belong to(Nanticoke Conservation). We landed the largest fish of the day, but didn't get into the money due to it wasn't in the categories of the payouts...It was a 5.86lb. pikeral. We probably would have placed in 3rd in the perch and calico from what we seen. But, seeing that the payouts are only for the single largest of each category, there was no point in weighing them. Our buddy that was fishing with us, also landed 2 pickeral that went over 4+ pounds. All together, we ended up with 10 pikeral, 2 keeper bass, 1 perch, 1 calico, and a stockie. Threw back about a half dozen smaller bass. :tipup:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Hey guys there having a ICE SHANTY GET TOGETHER ON ONEIDA on the weekend of the 28th. Hope the ice stays( right now 14 inches of black ice,4 inches of white ice and 6-16 inches of snow on it.)   

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:15 AM »
Hey guys there having a ICE SHANTY GET TOGETHER ON ONEIDA on the weekend of the 28th. Hope the ice stays( right now 14 inches of black ice,4 inches of white ice and 6-16 inches of snow on it.)   
I don't know, if I'll be able to swing it,...but I'll bring it up to the other Rebels, just so they're aware of it.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2009, 05:00 PM »
After filleting the bounty from ice-fishing yesterday...Went to BK for the BIG-FISH!,...and afterwards, I turned a new leaf. After eating that, I decided to go home, and throw away all the walleye, and pans that were in the freezer!, and that I would only eat pre-prepared foods from here on in! Seeing that, outside of only the recently stocked trout, are the only fish that could be trusted for human consumption! ;) I would rather rely on giant industry, and scientific research for food, with lots of preservatives, instead of HARVESTING! it myself! Seeing that I don't want to eat anything that might be bad for ya'. ;D

ICE REBEL

« Reply #47 on: Feb 08, 2009, 05:19 PM »
I know its been some time but i'm still here i have been down with this cold i got. Goin to the doctors tomorrow so i should be back out on the ice very soon. As of any up coming trips for the rebel team you guys know me just let me know.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 08, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Ice Rebel. I just wanted to know? Are ya' still slammin' 'em outta Harris Pond lately?

I heard you were sick. Was it caused from a bad Big Mac?...Maybe that's why they were pumpin' those babies out for 2 bucks a piece!...In case, if you haven't seen, I'm going to live on oncore dinners, fast food, and gordon's fish dinners from here on in. I found out that, fish that you catch are bad for you. ;D  :whistle:"Trust the Gordon's Fisherman!" :whistle: You and Rebelfisher can keep all my slimey, untested by the FDA, fish carcasses.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 08, 2009, 10:40 PM »
I've been reading your latest posts about not eating what you catch and only eating prepared foods. I'm lost don't understand what your talking about. Did I miss something? What do you want blood sugar problems like me when your 40( it's no fun). Give up the fast food man. Eat walleye and perch!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:32 AM »
I've been reading your latest posts about not eating what you catch and only eating prepared foods. I'm lost don't understand what your talking about. Did I miss something? What do you want blood sugar problems like me when your 40( it's no fun). Give up the fast food man. Eat walleye and perch!
Okay. Maybe I'll give it one more try. ;D :laugh:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:38 AM »
Just noticed you are 40. I've got low blood sugar (pre dieabettes) from years of heavy drinking and poor diet. Doctor told me to eat more fish & venison as my protein part of my diet, no more fastfood ever! If I talk to much, tell me to shut up! FISH ON MAN!

Offline AquaRoach

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 09, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Salmonrebel, I see your from Plymouth. I buy my artery clogging kielbasi, and bacon from Fletches. I remember when there were more bars than houses, and as long as you were some where around 12 years old you could get 1 shell glass of beer for a nickel at the Polish Alliance Club.

Offline Nuangola Susquehanna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Fletches or Fetch's?

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:19 AM »

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:57 AM »
Salmonrebel, I see your from Plymouth. I buy my artery clogging kielbasi, and bacon from Fletches. I remember when there were more bars than houses, and as long as you were some where around 12 years old you could get 1 shell glass of beer for a nickel at the Polish Alliance Club.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually grew up in Kingston. My Gramma always bought her meat from Fetch's, and now, that's where I buy a lot of mine as well. If you like it, you should try their scrapple. It's the best store bought scrapple you'll ever taste. You have to go to a farm to get better. Their smoked kielbasi and bacon is excellent too.

I remember alot of people that told me about the beer gardens as well. Alot of the towns main drags were like that around here. I only wish, that those prices were still like that...I used to meet up with alot of my older friends at the CWV POST 752 in Edwardsville. The prices there for the time were good, and the people for the most part were good company. I am still very good friends with some of those guys that are still alive, and try to spend some time with them whenever I can.

As you could tell, my view on fast food and pre-prepared foods is not one that I look forward to. That's a big reason in why I fish and hunt, not just because I love the sport, but I also love eating what I catch and kill. With all the chemicals they pump into meat these days, and the cloning that our government has allowed, it really makes you scratch your head as to what you are really eating.

Remember LARD! ;D...it's the other white meat. :-* ;D ;D

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:13 AM »
Just noticed you are 40. I've got low blood sugar (pre dieabettes) from years of heavy drinking and poor diet. Doctor told me to eat more fish & venison as my protein part of my diet, no more fastfood ever! If I talk to much, tell me to shut up! FISH ON MAN!
I still drink, but not as much as I used to...As far as fish and venison. I eat lots of it. The only thing that sucks, is I didn't get a deer this year, so I got to rely on my rebel buddies to hook me up. This was my first year in about 20 yrs that I didn't get at least one.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Dont worry salmonrebel. I HARVESTED one for ya!  :flex:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 10, 2009, 11:24 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I actually grew up in Kingston. My Gramma always bought her meat from Fetch's, and now, that's where I buy a lot of mine as well. If you like it, you should try their scrapple. It's the best store bought scrapple you'll ever taste. You have to go to a farm to get better. Their smoked kielbasi and bacon is excellent too.

I remember alot of people that told me about the beer gardens as well. Alot of the towns main drags were like that around here. I only wish, that those prices were still like that...I used to meet up with alot of my older friends at the CWV POST 752 in Edwardsville. The prices there for the time were good, and the people for the most part were good company. I am still very good friends with some of those guys that are still alive, and try to spend some time with them whenever I can.

As you could tell, my view on fast food and pre-prepared foods is not one that I look forward to. That's a big reason in why I fish and hunt, not just because I love the sport, but I also love eating what I catch and kill. With all the chemicals they pump into meat these days, and the cloning that our government has allowed, it really makes you scratch your head as to what you are really eating.

Remember LARD! ;D...it's the other white meat. :-* ;D ;D

The guys that stay at my lodge from your area do bring up some kick ass homemade food, just got to eat it in moderation that's all. Hope you boys ice holds up next couple days. steelhead fishing is picking up! FISH ON!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 11, 2009, 06:54 AM »
The guys that stay at my lodge from your area do bring up some kick ass homemade food, just got to eat it in moderation that's all. Hope you boys ice holds up next couple days. steelhead fishing is picking up! FISH ON!
Money is REAL tight for me right now. If I'm not able to head up there this year on the ice, I will definitely be planning on it next year, and the years to come. Definitely keep in touch. I know, me and the other rebels are looking forward to going up there whenever we can. We were even talking about, maybe a warm weather trip with Rebelfisher's boat. As far as food. Me and Rebelfisher always got something really good on the menu! In the meantime...good luck to you Snagger, and talk to you again.

SalmonRebel. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.