The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rebel Team Chat  (Read 18775 times)

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rebel Team Chat
« Reply #120 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:40 AM »
just got home from the private lake...fished 430 to 8pm....TERRIBLE!!.... one calico (10.5") and 2 keeper perch....lake was in decent shape.. 7.5" of ice and building, but all snow is blown off...shoreline is locked up tight once more.  Gillaholic, fished in the same spot again, if you go out, you should see my snow walls.. :roflmao:

I'll be over there in a little while. I'll let ya know how I make out.

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #121 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:29 AM »
Hey Rebels................ I hit the lake yesterday around 10 AM & only fished 'till 6 PM. Bite was bad again. I started out where Joel fished last & then drilled about 30 more holes in different areas. I marked fish in most of the holes but they had lockjaw. I kept 10 good size gills & a couple small perch for channel catfish bait. Ice isn't very thick & I think the upcomming warm spell will kill it.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #122 on: Mar 05, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Hey Rebels................ I hit the lake yesterday around 10 AM & only fished 'till 6 PM. Bite was bad again. I started out where Joel fished last & then drilled about 30 more holes in different areas. I marked fish in most of the holes but they had lockjaw. I kept 10 good size gills & a couple small perch for channel catfish bait. Ice isn't very thick & I think the upcomming warm spell will kill it.
Thanks for the info Gill. We'll let you know, if we head back out there. I was thinking myself, the ice will probably be too dangerous to go out on there within a few days.
If we don't see you out on the ice again. Good luck on the open water. Maybe we'll see you out somewhere, sometime. I know, Joel talks to you on the other forum, so keep in touch. I signed onto myfishfinder.com, and I think Joel was going to sign on there as well. So keep in touch. If you want to shoot me a line, I'll be there.

Good Fishin'...SalmonRebel. :tipup:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #123 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:26 PM »
salmonrebel, 

I see you have been reading that post of the NY licenses going up as well.  Nice to see some one agrees with me about the local economy going to crap up there with out the support of us non-residents to pump it full. 

JM

you guys ever come over to the poconos to fish at all.  I have a place where there needs to be a bunch of bass taken out of......... ;D

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Mar 05, 2009, 11:57 PM »
salmonrebel, 

I see you have been reading that post of the NY licenses going up as well.  Nice to see some one agrees with me about the local economy going to crap up there with out the support of us non-residents to pump it full. 

JM

you guys ever come over to the poconos to fish at all.  I have a place where there needs to be a bunch of bass taken out of......... ;D
That's the thing, Jiggerman. Alot of people don't want to look at the BIG picture of things. Price increases are expected. But, to just peg 75%+ increases on a few areas on a proposal within one year, is not really fair. If you look at our states prices though, it makes you scratch your head? ??? I mean, I really like a lot of places I fish in NE Pa. But I'd rather be fishing Lake Ontario most of the time I go out. I think, they(NYS) might of looked at our states non-res. prices to get their figure for theirs. Maybe not, but it's a strong possibility.

As far as fishing the Poconos. We haven't. I'm not very familiar with the lakes out there. Maybe, Rebelfisher, or Ice Rebel might be. I know it's been kind of slow where we've been going. Lot of lookers, but not many takers. We try to keep it local most of time, to save some funds. It isn't like we could drop everything, and head to NYS every weekend! :D

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Mar 06, 2009, 01:37 PM »
Thanks for the info Gill. We'll let you know, if we head back out there. I was thinking myself, the ice will probably be too dangerous to go out on there within a few days.
If we don't see you out on the ice again. Good luck on the open water. Maybe we'll see you out somewhere, sometime. I know, Joel talks to you on the other forum, so keep in touch. I signed onto myfishfinder.com, and I think Joel was going to sign on there as well. So keep in touch. If you want to shoot me a line, I'll be there.

Good Fishin'...SalmonRebel. :tipup:

I too the cover off my fish trap today & put the trap in dry dock. Put all my ice gear away & getting ready for the long rod season. Hope to hit the river next week for some channels. I'll check out the fishfinder & will see ya there.

Good fishin to you Rebels too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Mar 06, 2009, 01:45 PM »
I too the cover off my fish trap today & put the trap in dry dock. Put all my ice gear away & getting ready for the long rod season. Hope to hit the river next week for some channels. I'll check out the fishfinder & will see ya there.

Good fishin to you Rebels too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
See ya', Gill.

Good luck with the cats...SalmonRebel.

ICE REBEL

« Reply #127 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:27 PM »
hey all sorry havent been around for a little bit comp. went down. but i have to say i think im done with the ice fishin myself also was out the other night didnt get a thing i always thought last ice was the best guess thats not true

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:35 PM »
Good to see yer back, Ice Rebel. Heard about the comp. Man, they're a pain in the ars sometimes. Give me a buzz sometime. By the way, be sure to set yourself up over on the 'myfishfinder.com' site. Me and Rebelfisher recently signed onto it for the openwater season. We'll definitely do some fishin' on the open water. Can't wait to do some trollin'.

ICE REBEL

« Reply #129 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:43 PM »
i was already there n signed up lol i am the same name icerebel there to

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Don't know, if you talked to Joel. But we got some more of them pickeral(northerns) yesterday again. Caught 3, missed one. 22-26 inches, 4.5-5.5lbs, 2 of them were over 5lbs. !  The jig bite was very light, and only 3 stockies were caught on them.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Mar 08, 2009, 07:44 PM »
That picture that's on Rebelfisher's avitar, pickeral(northern) :flex:, is only 1 of 9, that we got all together this year like that. They were 22-27 inches, 4 of them were over 5lbs., the largest, 5.86lb.

All in all, a very good year, indeed.

Talked to some really good people here on the 'Shanty'. Hope to fish with some of ya'll down the line. Lots of good, down home southern hospitality was shared amongst many. ;)2 :thumbsup:

Will be over on myfishfinder.com with the rest of the Rebels. To everyone we spoke to, keep in touch.

Good luck to ya'll on the water and in the streams...SalmonRebel. :tipup:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Dec 26, 2009, 11:20 PM »
Oh, LOOKY-LOOKY!...what I found in the archives!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #133 on: Dec 26, 2009, 11:37 PM »
 :roflmao:  Need I say more!
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Dec 26, 2009, 11:57 PM »
To all the Rebels out there...

HAVE A SAFE, AND PRODUCTIVE ICEFISHIN' SEASON.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:10 PM »

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:50 AM »
That Filet O Fish will never die!   :roflmao:

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #137 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:51 AM »
Smells DEAD to me.....LOL
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #138 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:06 AM »
I wonder what kind of fish they use for those filet o fish sandwiches?  I'll bet they use kowalskis!

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #139 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Nawww....they use them there Squared Fish... ::)
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:15 AM »
Yes, but how do square fish swim?  LOL

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Jan 04, 2010, 02:50 PM »
Yes, but how do square fish swim?  LOL