The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: PACK Get Together, Who's in???  (Read 19461 times)

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
PACK Get Together, Who's in???
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:00 AM »
As it seems there are a few people that think there was a hijacking of a thread and if "WE" want to fish the Pack as a get together that we should do it ourselves... Well men, I'm calling on you to see who's interested.  I'm a newbie to this site, but have lurked for a long time. I'm also new to icefishing, I've done it a few times but by no means an expert.  So just let me know what you think about our very own PACK get together!
Have a great night.
Iceman!

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: PACK Get Together, Who's in???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:05 AM »
I really want to go but my wife will kill me if I take the car. I'm already in deep from alst week. if anybody is going and want to share a couple sixers I'll by.
nybe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:14 AM »
I really want to go but my wife will kill me if I take the car. I'm already in deep from alst week. if anybody is going and want to share a couple sixers I'll by.
nybe

hahaha! I remind my self of some one i used to know. Just joking about the wife I lost that baggage long ago. I'm in like flynn just tell me what to bring and some place to get bait.
nybe

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:01 AM »
its almost a 5 hour haul for me...but let me know when.....and it would also be helpful for 'out of towners' if you could post any near by towns with some overnight accomodations, and what part of the lake we would be fishing.....i believe PA doesnt allow for motorized anything on the ice...but i can bring some good eats and drinks that Id be willing to share.....the sooner you can nail down a potential date or two...the better.  Thanks and looking forward to meeting some fellow IS'ers.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:46 AM »
i believe PA doesnt allow for motorized anything on the ice...

Lake Wallenpaupack is owned by Pennsylvania Power & Light. They do allow ATV's and snowmobiles on that lake. Kinda like Deep Creek is owned by a power company also and they allow snowmobiles on it.
Ken                                          

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Once that baby locks up, we'll try to get a definite date, with this wind, it's going to be a while.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:58 AM »
The temps are there, guess we are all just crossing our fingers for this wind to dissipate soon. Hope I wasn't implying a thread jacking ice. Just wishing things would get organized so we can hopefully have a couple of these things this year no matter where they are :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:00 AM »
The temps are there, guess we are all just crossing our fingers for this wind to dissipate soon. Hope I wasn't implying a thread jacking ice. Just wishing things would get organized so we can hopefully have a couple of these things this year no matter where they are :)
no thread jacking at all!  I understand how you feel we all do.  But the Pack is a hard lake to lock up, it's very windy ALL the time, so with this wind here, just imagine what it's like up there!

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Check out the white caps on this camera by the dam...
http://www.poconoweather.com/vidcam5.html

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I'm about 10 miles down route 6 from the 'pack.  I'd most likely be in.

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Sounds good to me, let us know when. The pack needs good ice to be safe.  For out of towners a lot of motels are around the east side of the lake.  East shore lodging 570 226 3293, Tuck-em in 570 226 6460, Pocono pines 570 226 2772 just to name a few. :)

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Pocono-- thanks for the post  you hit most of the places to stay  with Eastshore lodging being the nicest.  As we get closer to a date I can also give some additional ones.  Last time we did this we were at Ironwood nice cove for protection Just has a hill to go back up when the day is done,  but the guys with sleds helped us all out, also has a bar across the path to stop higher vehicles such as cars and 4wheelers.  We could also look at Wilsonville which is level and at the 590-Rt6 end of the lake near Hawley by the dam.  With easy access for people, sleds, 4 wheelers and parking.  but a little further away from Rt 84

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2007, 04:13 PM »
It will be a little while to get on the Pack.
Ironwood is the wrong end of the lake for the SLAMMER PERCH.
I will start ice fishing the Pack at 3" of know good ice.
I will not take the ATV until I know the ice is no less than 6".
When my friends and I start ice fishing the Pack, we park at a private lot.
This makes the haul by foot easier, this will not work for a get together.
When the ice is 6"-8" of know good ice Wilsonville would be the best area, also the PPl overlook area would work for some parking.
Most years the 2nd to 3rd week of January will be good ice.
We will have to play it by ear for now.
JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:21 PM »
I'm in, The first one was a blast.
Jim K.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Im in also.   

this might be a bad idea but if there is a public lot or some place that has ample parking for the numbers of people that would come and has four wheeler or snow mobile access maybe there could be a shuttle service to good spot big enough for all to fish.  There could be a chip up for fuel  for the machines or some thing.

I now live about 20 minutes from the lake down 390

Jiggerman

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Looks like the ball is rolling, this is going to be fun!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2007, 06:22 AM »
I am in as well !
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Looks like the ball is rolling, this is going to be fun!

The Ball just got bigger.  I would definately like to join in!  Please keep me posted on the date.
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:37 PM »
i'm in  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i live 20 minutes away...can help out if needed...the way the ice is looking around here  :unsure: could be mid jan. before we can give it a go..... :blink: :blink:

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Just drove by the pack.  Obviously, no ice.   :(

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:53 PM »
hey brewer....i fish the delaware river alot ..narrowsburg..callico on..damascus..etc..goo d walleye up this way...do you fish the river down by port jervis..i hear theres good small mouth  down that way.... ??? ???

Offline brewer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:04 PM »
hey brewer....i fish the delaware river alot ..narrowsburg..callico on..damascus..etc..goo d walleye up this way...do you fish the river down by port jervis..i hear theres good small mouth  down that way.... ??? ???

I haven't fished it much.........yet.  I just picked up a small boat this year and am starting to poke around the river a little.  Managed to catch some.  A few friends who fish it have caught some nice smallies though, mostly around the number 2 bridge.  Spent most of my time on the lakes with my kids this summer.  Learning the river better is on my list for 2008.   ;D  I know some guys through work who fish up your way and the say that they do good on the walleys around narrowsburg.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2007, 05:39 PM »
hey brewer...tell ya pals to float the callicoon to damascus section..good eyes & small mouth...just above callicoon is a great trout run..if ya wanna fish up this way..let me know..i'll hook ya up... (got some pals who run drift boats)..maybe catch ya on the ice... ;D

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Another body to be counted in!!!  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 06, 2007, 11:05 AM »
It is not too early to start thinking about dates! How about the 12th or 19th of January???
nybe

Offline icejigga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 06, 2007, 12:17 PM »
we have a posse 8-10 thats game for the pac.....by the way no 1 says a word about sleds or quads on the pac...and here is some good info....i have passes for places like elmhurst res.,,,,,and acre lack....and baylors lake...anyone can join us ....team jigga

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 06, 2007, 12:22 PM »
we have a posse 8-10 thats game for the pac.....by the way no 1 says a word about sleds or quads on the pac...and here is some good info....i have passes for places like elmhurst res.,,,,,and acre lack....and baylors lake...anyone can join us ....team jigga

you can use quads and sleds on the Pack, as long as you don't launch from PA access points.... as for Elmhurst Res. aren't those passes oonly good for open water???  I used to have a pass for Maple Lake but that was only shore fishing... Please let me know. Thanks!

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 06, 2007, 01:10 PM »
we have a posse 8-10 thats game for the pac.....
We just started the list. There will be 3 times that by time all is said and done.
nybe

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #28 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:57 PM »
It is not too early to start thinking about dates! How about the 12th or 19th of January???
nybe
I thought we said that the other lake gathering would be in mid Jan and the pack would be early Feb so people can go to both. It also freezes over slower than the rest that way we can hopefully be sure we have good ice in Feb.
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:06 PM »
You seem to keep confusing your terms. If what you said, "we" said is what you want everyone to aggree with then that is what "we" said. I never said, what you said "we" said. I never made any comments about the timing of this at all (until this afternoon) so please don't get me mixed up in your concept of we. I did suggest that it would not be too early to start kicking around dates for the Pack Event, and offered two suggestions that "I" like. Now all the "we's" out there can put in their own two cents.
nebe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.