The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Northeast Get together !!  (Read 16043 times)

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2nd Annual NEPA Gathering on Lake Jean
« Reply #60 on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Yup, the fishing has gone downhill.............. ..and if I get started on that, it'll turn into a rant about releasing fish and I'll be called bad names............jeeee eeeeez there I go :P :P

The cabins at the park are very nice, have spent several new years in em. They even provide firewood.

Another option is Central Park Motel, on of SPUD's stayover spots, clean and priced right. Beside a very nice bar/resturant. 10 min from lake..................(570) 925 6650- no website.

A B&B that I have stayed at is Fishing Creek Lodge (570) 925 5736 - nothing special, has small store/sub shop downstairs.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

chimo

« Reply #61 on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:18 PM »
I'm planning on being there unless the weather is too terrible.  I need to get these trips in before the prof's start to load on the work ;)  good fishin

chimo

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #62 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Yup, the fishing has gone downhill.............. ..and if I get started on that, it'll turn into a rant about releasing fish and I'll be called bad names............jeeee eeeeez there I go :P :P

The cabins at the park are very nice, have spent several new years in em. They even provide firewood.

Another option is Central Park Motel, on of SPUD's stayover spots, clean and priced right. Beside a very nice bar/resturant. 10 min from lake..................(570) 925 6650- no website.

A B&B that I have stayed at is Fishing Creek Lodge (570) 925 5736 - nothing special, has small store/sub shop downstairs.
Thanks Bryon I would never call you a name. lol people like us have to stick together we are few and far between. Thanks for the info
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:24 AM »
We are still on for Jan 19th at Lake Jean. I still need people to pitch in with a few supplies if anyone out there is willing to help please let me know thanks Chris
Christopher S Neal

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2nd Annual NEPA Gathering on Lake Jean set for Jan 19th
« Reply #64 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:39 AM »
As of right now I am bringing hot dogs hamburgers my grill and maybe some salads.

Holehawg is bringing cups plates napkins and plastic ware.

Fastribs85 is bring some sort of Venison.

We still need a table, rolls for the hotdogs and hamburgers, and drinks.

I would also like to start a list of the members that will be coming so we know how much stuff to bring Thanks Chris
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 30, 2007, 01:41 PM »
hey marshrat...i'm thinking maybe i should grab some big garbage bags too ???????????? hope we get good ice & a head count soon... :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 30, 2007, 04:49 PM »
hey marshrat...i'm thinking maybe i should grab some big garbage bags too ???????????? hope we get good ice & a head count soon... :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:
Dont buy any I can get some from work. Yes a head count is needed.
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 30, 2007, 05:59 PM »
okey-doky on trash bags....i'm bring my colman stove w/coffee pot..... 8 o'clock coffee no de -caf... ;) ::)

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 01, 2008, 07:48 AM »
Perhaps a new "head count" thread is in order. I will try to make it, unless we get a major warming trend, ice should be no problem. Most of te lake has 5-8" as of yesterday, should have close to a foot by this time next week, single digit lows there this week. Fish might be another story :-[

What area of the lake are we planing on??
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline jigger123

• IceShanty Rookie
i would like to attend the gathering next week it would be myself plus three i have a spare table and willing to help fill the gaps on supplies is it still on for next week or not

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i would like to attend the gathering next week it would be myself plus three i have a spare table and willing to help fill the gaps on supplies is it still on for next week or not
Yes it is still on for the 19th.
Christopher S Neal

Offline IceFishingWithaGaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
I may come up it would be the last time my cousin gets to Icefish this year since he is heading to Basic for the airforce.
Why wait to spring time to fish when u have perfectly good ice to fish on.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
IceFishing tell Cous I said Thank You for his up coming service.  Also tell him basic ain't bad. If I could go thru basic in the air force years ago He can too.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

• Team IceShanty Regular
I myself was Army Infantry for 8 years so he has been told all about lol. And thanks for the support.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
ill be there with 1 other person bringing some food and drink  hope to see ya up there adam hadum lol :tipup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish:

chimo

I'm still planning on being there and I might have a friend coming along.  I'll bring some potato and macaroni salad.  good fishin

chimo

• Team IceShanty Regular
We should make it a catch and release event.  :D

Offline jigger123

• IceShanty Rookie
my party will be releasing all fish

is there anything else needed for this weekend besides food and good conversation

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not that I can think of there is no beer allowed on the lake sorry to disappoint all of you lol  :P

I don't mind if you keep a few fish I prob won't because of the long drive but I will respect anyone that does and I respect all those who choose to release.
Christopher S Neal

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
Not that I can think of there is no beer allowed on the lake sorry to disappoint all of you lol  :P

I don't mind if you keep a few fish I prob won't because of the long drive but I will respect anyone that does and I respect all those who choose to release.
can i release them in my freezer   ???         Ron

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
 ;D you got to catch them first ron boybo :icefish: :icefish: :flex:

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
i get them digger the slump is over from last year :thumbsup:

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You sure can Ron lol
Christopher S Neal

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
guys sorry i wont be able to attend ia friend of mine passed away and her funeral is sat morning at 10 :'(

icewagon

I had to go to Hazelton this morning , so on the way back I got off I80 west onto 487 north and went up to lake Jean . There is about 3 in. of new snow on top of the mountain . The whole lake is frozen so I drove around to all the access points but no one was fishing . I did not have an auger with me  to  check ice thickness , but there is a lot of snow on the ice. Some of the edges looked to be a little soft . I'm not convinced that there is enough ice to hold a large number of fisherman in one area on the ice . I mite have been more inclined if some would have been on the ice.
 Icewagon

i

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Icewagon the Park Rangers measured 6" by the dam at 1130am today check the "Winter Report" for Rickets Glen under state parks. There wiil be plenty of ICE sat. My last couple of trips up to Jean this since mid Dec I was glad I brought my power auger hope to see ya Sat FRED
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We are still having the event the Ice looks to be fine from all I have heard Its still A go if this changes we will let you know. But I am still planning on coming I would see how Jean wouldn't be safe and Hills is.
Christopher S Neal

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gathering on Lake Jean Just 3 days away
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2008, 08:06 PM »
I plan on comming up early, i have to work at 1 down at Gander Mt. I drive a great big red pimp-mobile, cant miss it, i will also be the large kid in the camo jumpsuit that looks like a sasquatch. ;D

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
guys sorry i wont be able to attend ia friend of mine passed away and her funeral is sat morning at 10 :'(
We are very sorry for your loss and she and her family will be in our thoughts and prayers
Christopher S Neal

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gathering on Lake Jean Just 3 days away
« Reply #89 on: Jan 17, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Well we are still on as of right now the weather looks to be cleared out by friday and that should give the Road crew enough time to have them fine by Sat morning.

Also I have been asked about a 5 dollar entry fee for a Big Fish contest if anyone is intrested in this let me know and I might be able to set something up.
Christopher S Neal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.