The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Northeast Get together !!  (Read 16042 times)

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
3rd Annual Northeast Get together !!
« on: Nov 21, 2007, 02:57 PM »
 My dad and I were thinking that it would be nice to put faces to all the names on IS. This is the reason why we have decided to have an IS gathering. Everyone is welcome.   If you need any information on how to find the lake please feel free to send me a PM or give me a call at 570 724 4031 . If anyone would like to help in bringing hotdogs, drinks, rolls, chips, paper plates cups, and napkins (Or anything else that I missed). This is a great opportunity to meet fellow IS members and hopefully gain fishing buddies. Please if any of you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.  Thanks again and hopefully we can get the ball rolling to meeting some fellow IS members. Thanks for your support in our efforts. Chris

That is just some of the stuff from the list from last years gathering that we didn't have such a great turn out to that is why this year I want to get things going very early. We can start off by choosing a lake and by setting a date if any one has any Questions or comments please feel free to post them on this link.
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline iceaddiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2nd Annual NEPA get together
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:17 PM »
definately would be interested i dont know the area good so i am not picking a lake dont have alot down here either.  but i will keep you in mind
I live to fish anytype but ice fishing is my passion

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:23 PM »
You might want to try and hook up with holehawg. We had discussed some sort of tourney or something on a thread I started "Tournaments" on 10/31. I'd be interested in something  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2007, 07:59 PM »
I saw the link we are just continuing on what we did last year at Beechwood. If you guys want to make it a 5 dollar entry fee for a prize fish thats ok with me but last year we just had Deer Hot dogs and Elk Hamburgers with other salads and stuff but hey I'm game for anything that you guys want to do lets here what lake we are doing this year 1st!!!
Christopher S Neal

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2007, 08:16 PM »
I saw the link we are just continuing on what we did last year at Beechwood. If you guys want to make it a 5 dollar entry fee for a prize fish thats ok with me but last year we just had Deer Hot dogs and Elk Hamburgers with other salads and stuff but hey I'm game for anything that you guys want to do lets here what lake we are doing this year 1st!!!
hello mashrat...i'll give ya a hand...what date are ya thinking  ??? just where is this lake  ??? & what can i do to help out  ??? ??? drop me a line (just not around monday deer opener  ;) ;D ;D ;D )

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2007, 07:50 PM »
I sent you a PM
Christopher S Neal

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:08 AM »
Please keep posted. Would be interested in some sort of event/gathering.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Hey Marshrat,
Thanks for putting this together.  Would be nice to meet up with some regulars.  Hopefully you can pick a lake that offers a variety of fish to try for.  I favor the perch, crappie, and gills if you're taking request.  Have never fished Wallenpaupack yet, might be fun.  If at all possible, I'll be there (and bring something edible).

Please keep posting info as it develops.

jjT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:53 PM »
Hey Marshrat, when and where buddy or do we not know a place and time yet.  You have to start throwing out dates and places so people can schedule accordingly.  I'm in, as probably DMNTD1 and pikepopper are also.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Lets hear guys where do you want to have it we will pick a few lakes and than I will have the mod start a vote let me know we need around 3 or 4 lakes to choose from!!
Christopher S Neal

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2007, 07:11 AM »
Hey guys,
Not real familiar with the area but will participate in the poll after pulling out my maps  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2007, 06:34 PM »
Not sure what area you are looking at, but if it was a date I was free, I'd be into it.

I'll pick Lake Jean and / or Rose Valley................ .......are they within the area you had in mind.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

chimo

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I'd be interested.  Would like to fish some new lakes this year and meet some of you guys. I'm in State College though so I won't be much help with the lakes in NEPA.  I'll fish for anything to so that dosn't matter to me.  good fishin

chimo

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Well here are the lakes in Tioga county if someone would post lakes from all of the other different counties around it would be great I classify North east with the North Central lol. It doesn't really matter to me which ever lake is more popular and has safe ice a good portion of the year.

1.Beechwood ( holds Rainbow trout, pickerel, Large Mouth bass, perch, blue gills, wally and crappies)
2.Hamilton ( Holds rainbow trout, pickerel, large mouth, Perch. Blue gills, and crappies)
3.Cownesque ( holds Large Mouth Bass, Musky, pickerel, Perch, Blue, Gills, and Crappies)
4.Nesmuck ( To small)
5.Hills Creek ( Holds Large Mouth bass, Wally, Perch, Blue gills, and Crappies)
Christopher S Neal

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Gotta think more central northeast buddy, those lakes you mentioned are all northcentral, gotta think more columbia, northumberland, maybe western Luzerne county, areas like that.  Gotta remember, some of us are coming from Easton and Stroudsburg so we should try and keep the lake central to all our positions.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

DMNTD1

« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Gotta think more central northeast buddy, those lakes you mentioned are all northcentral, gotta think more columbia, northumberland, maybe western Luzerne county, areas like that.  Gotta remember, some of us are coming from Easton and Stroudsburg so we should try and keep the lake central to all our positions.

Dr. JM

Theres not a whole lot out this way thats public and I'm not giving up access to some of my private waters for a get together  ;)

The Poconos has a ton of public lakes with plenty of parking; Wallenpaupack, Shohola, Promised Land, Lackawanna, ect ect and a lot of them are somewhat central to the guys coming from all different areas in eastern PA.

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Mikey, never even thought about private lakes, it could never happen, but I don't know, if we want a true northeast get together, we need to pick a place right dead center northeast - shohola is way too east for guys in williamsport, the pack is, well, If I aint got nothing nice to say I aint sayin nothin, forget pecks and anything in wayne county.  When I think of the northeast and I think of what is the center part of the northeast, Columbia and northumberland counties come to mind.  I know there are a bunch of catch and release resovoirs in these parts.  Heck, Lily lake is even more central than shohola.  There has to be a big public lake somewhere in this region.

Dr. JM

DMNTD1

« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:36 PM »
I know Shohola is 2 far east but we also need a place with decent amounts of parking which is why it was mentioned.

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2007, 08:23 PM »
Well here are a few that are in the center

Still Water Susquehanna
Harvey's lake Luzerne
Carey Wyoming
Frances Shore Luzerne
Rose Valley Lycoming
Jean Rickets Glenn Sullivan and Luzerne
Lily Lake

If you guys want to knock off any or add any let me know
Christopher S Neal

DMNTD1

« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2007, 01:04 AM »
I'd knock Frances E Walter off due to the fact they've been known to drop water levels with no warning. Last thing we'd need with a bunch of people on the ice is for them to drop the water level a few feet and us all collapse the ice. All the others have plenty of parking available from what I remember except Lake Carey which I don't remember how big the parking area is since I was only there once.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2007, 05:24 AM »
From Byron's posting, the last discussions and the latest suggestions, I'd throw a vote for either Rose Valley or Lake Jean. In that order of preference.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Come on guys we need to knock a few more off or I will
Christopher S Neal

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2007, 04:18 PM »
The Pack... good parking, great fishing!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Be more specific I have no idea what the pack is what county is it in and whats its official name.
Christopher S Neal

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Marsh,
The Pack = Wallenpaupack and is in Pike and Wayne counties.

jjT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 29, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Marsh,
The Pack = Wallenpaupack and is in Pike and Wayne counties.

jjT

Hey thanks Mad ice Wallenpaupack is to far to the east for this get together. But thanks for the input
Christopher S Neal

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 29, 2007, 09:08 PM »
It's a NORTHEAST get together, have others in other places... just my 2 cents, not trying to step on anyones toes.  The mjority of your icefishermen are in the NE, then probably NC, and NW

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Nov 29, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Francias Slocum has parking and facilities. Giant Muskys and whatnot.
nybe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 30, 2007, 02:38 PM »
It's a NORTHEAST get together, have others in other places... just my 2 cents, not trying to step on anyones toes.  The mjority of your icefishermen are in the NE, then probably NC, and NW

Yea that is why we are having it in the center of the North East.
Christopher S Neal

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Nov 30, 2007, 04:59 PM »
i vote for Rose Valley....muskie, eyes, crappies, gills, bass, pickerals, and tons of parking all around the lake
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.