The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: White Deer Golf Course.  (Read 18823 times)

Offline IceFishingWithaGaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: White Deer Golf Course.
« Reply #60 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:02 PM »
The White Deer Golf Course website does not have a map of the course, but they do have hole layouts if you want to look at them.  The website it www.wdgc.net

To avoid any more confusion I used Google Maps to get some images of the golf course and labeled all the holes and labeled other helpful areas. 

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/bjkaledas/WhiteDeerGolfCourse1labeled.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/bjkaledas/WhiteDeerGolfCourse2labeled.jpg

Now it will be easier to discuss!

BJ
My map is in my head Been either fishing or golfing there since I was like 3 grew up pratically on the course I lived so close I could hit golf balls from my back yard to one of the greens lol.
Why wait to spring time to fish when u have perfectly good ice to fish on.

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:11 PM »
My map is in my head Been either fishing or golfing there since I was like 3 grew up pratically on the course I lived so close I could hit golf balls from my back yard to one of the greens lol.

Haha.  I figured you were the one person that the map wouldn't benefit.  Except that you can now easily point out where to meet people and what ponds you are talking about.
I pull the weenie sled ...

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:14 PM »
I am thinking about heading over there Saturday afternoon if you are interested on going I know a 3 ponds that are very close by that have great panfish catties and huge bass in.

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #63 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:26 PM »
so what is the consensous are you allowed to keep fish if so are the in pesticide water meaning are they safe to eat? can you fish all ponds?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:32 PM »
When I worked for the County I talked to the County Commisioners and he said it is a public owned course they can't kick you out and you can keep the fish there I have kept and ate fish from there I may have 6 toes now but I am a hell of a swimmer now lol.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:00 AM »
On that map of the course holes number 13 and 17 on the vintage course are very good for panfish, bass, and catties. Hole number 15 on the Challenge Course is very good for all types of fish and that is the one by the pro shop. Adam

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 12, 2008, 10:27 AM »
do you think the pond by the old waterslide will be safe? if so i might be over sat.afternoon i live in dewart

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 12, 2008, 01:38 PM »
They just put fish in there a few years ago so they may be kinda small and that pond is harder to get to but if you wanna walk to it you might wanna try it out.

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:35 AM »
thats the only pond i fished where are the ponds with the bigger bluegills

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:39 AM »
where are you going to be parked sat.? after i get done working i wouldn't mind catching a few gills.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 13, 2008, 10:56 AM »
There is a road off of route 15 that I usually park on and walk onto the Old Course that way my cell number is 570-506-6282 if you want to call me for directions.

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:02 AM »
There is a road off of route 15 that I usually park on and walk onto the Old Course that way my cell number is 570-506-6282 if you want to call me for directions.

Are you talking about West Blind Road?

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:09 PM »
thanks i'll call if i am coming do you think the ice will be safe with all the rain we are getting today?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Yes I am talking about west blind road the one that goes by the way of the water slides there is a little drive way there you can park on. I am sure the snow covering the ice will keep it safe for the remander of the week. Hopefully I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Yeah, I am worried about the conditions also.  See if you can get the thickness on Friday when you are there. 

I am meeting up with my guests at 3 PM in Lewisburg.  So if you are starting before lunch at all I will be able to go.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 13, 2008, 03:00 PM »
I won't be home from work till around 7pm on Friday maybe I will get up early enough on Saturday to find out the conditions then just call me for the conditions.

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:39 AM »
i don't get done working till around 11:30 i'll call around 10:00 to see if you got a chance to check the ice .
                                                                                                                                  Bruce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Sounds good I am getting Satellite hooked up and I probally won't be able to get to fish to around then but I am going to go over around 630am to check the condition. Adam

Offline fishey56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:33 PM »
sounds good i have to go get some bait at gandaur should i get any minnows?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:36 PM »
Yeah I will try to get some also if I can make it over if not I will give some cash for minnows if you wouldn't mind i would get some medium shiners and fatheads.

Offline icefishin71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Yeah I will try to get some also if I can make it over if not I will give some cash for minnows if you wouldn't mind i would get some medium shiners and fatheads.
Gaff, I can't figure out the dang PM function here....
I was over by there this afternoon looking to find a spot to park to maybe fish the island pond this weekend. Don't know the name of the road I took off of 15 but it's the one that takes you back to the gate where you turn for the old waterslides. ( there's a pretty big White Deer sign back there and that road was gated.) There was a road ( I think it was dirt, but it's plowed) 100 yds or so before the gate/sign that runs right behind the tee box for hole #14 on the Challenge. Do you know if we can park there? If not, any better ideas?
FWIW the pond by the old blinking light on 15 looked a little iffy when we drove by.
Thanks for your help. 'Preciate it.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 14, 2008, 05:52 PM »

Now that you have 3 posts, you have access to PM's. You have to have at least 3 posts before that becomes available to you.
Ken                                          

Offline icefishin71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Now that you have 3 posts, you have access to PM's. You have to have at least 3 posts before that becomes available to you.
Well, that certainly explains why I could'nt figure it out before.  :laugh:

thanks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:17 PM »
I was over by there this afternoon looking to find a spot to park to maybe fish the island pond this weekend. Don't know the name of the road I took off of 15 but it's the one that takes you back to the gate where you turn for the old waterslides. ( there's a pretty big White Deer sign back there and that road was gated.) There was a road ( I think it was dirt, but it's plowed) 100 yds or so before the gate/sign that runs right behind the tee box for hole #14 on the Challenge. Do you know if we can park there? If not, any better ideas?
FWIW the pond by the old blinking light on 15 looked a little iffy when we drove by.
Thanks for your help. 'Preciate it.
I usually park off of blind road as soon as you turn off of 15 there is a road by a white house I usually park by the field and walk down to the other ponds I really don't like to fish the pond by the pro's house never really had alot of luck there. My number is 570-506-6282 I am going to go check the condition of the ice around 630am on Saturday to check and see how it is if any of you want to know how it is call me. Adam

Offline icefishin71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:25 PM »
I usually park off of blind road as soon as you turn off of 15 there is a road by a white house I usually park by the field and walk down to the other ponds I really don't like to fish the pond by the pro's house never really had alot of luck there. My number is 570-506-6282 I am going to go check the condition of the ice around 630am on Saturday to check and see how it is if any of you want to know how it is call me. Adam
was I on Blind Road?
If you're talking about parking right along the road I was on it'll be tough; the berm isn't plowed.
Thanks for the info. Might take you up on the phone call.
Matt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:34 PM »
was I on Blind Road?
If you're talking about parking right along the road I was on it'll be tough; the berm isn't plowed.
Thanks for the info. Might take you up on the phone call.
Matt
Yeah that is the road you was on.

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 15, 2008, 08:36 AM »
I might end up showing up tomorrow too.  I will call you in the morning to check conditions and find out where and when.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 15, 2008, 08:39 AM »
Sounds good I am bring a few friends from the area I live at. We can fish 2 pounds at the same time and keep an I on everything.

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Feb 15, 2008, 12:47 PM »
I may be interested in comming tomorrow also, is there room for one more? Are we meeting somewhere or just showing up?

Offline FarginIcehole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #89 on: Feb 15, 2008, 01:37 PM »
do any of the ponds have golf balls in em?? whats the limit on those.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.