The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lycoming HardWater team  (Read 27282 times)

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lycoming HardWater team
« Reply #60 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Jiggerman, Frank says it's probably done for the year. :'( :'( :'(
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #61 on: Feb 10, 2006, 05:49 PM »
jigerman  you have been a good ice buddy to me and i wouldnt lie. i was planning on going here this weekend till i drove by yesterday i couldnt beleive it myself snow still on the mountains main lake all open the coves had little ice and the pond behind the bridge had ice but didnt look safe. no reason to lie but you can check it for yourself

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #62 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:24 PM »
jiggerman,,,,  i think it was cold enough to make ice too, however, with that wind blowing, it never did,,, i'll take a ride this weekend,however, if its open, i would say we need a miricle.

guys, i am getting my truck worked on in the morning, hithole, call me when you get up, i should be home from work by 815am.  millerice has to work sat, how did you make out with iceshiner???
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #63 on: Feb 10, 2006, 10:07 PM »
BD, 

I was not calling you a liar,  I just dont want to believe it.  I was planning on gettingthe winning bluegill from there before the tourny ended. 

everybody else,

What do you think about people that post fish for the tourny and never post any info for anybody to use or look at?   Just a ???

Dave

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:20 AM »
HITHOLE,,,,, looks like this storm might be a bust, at least till late afternoon, what are your thoughts?  maybe you and doug should head up, and when my truck is done, i'll meet ya?  or else i have to find a way to your house ??? ???  and then a way home  . if we decide to fish, these fish might be pounding before this storm,???
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 12, 2006, 06:55 PM »
great pic's brent,,,,,,, at least they have good ice......did you meet anyone from IS??

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:07 PM »
BRENT,,, did you read the post about what some donkey did to us?????? 

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 12, 2006, 08:19 PM »
yeah,,,,its sad how  people act....  someone should send this guy to pre school..... they must have nothing else better to do......     TRY FISHING.......

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2006, 10:13 AM »
good lookin out brent,,,,  lets go.   i think we should fish the deeper water up there,,, not by the dam like last time.    its almost time to start planning for the weekend,,,  maybe we can get the whole group back out this sat ;D

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 13, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I wish i could go to that lake with you guys.   I love that lake. 

Dave

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #70 on: Feb 13, 2006, 02:09 PM »
We used to get trout at Hunters in shallow water right up against the bank.  We would sit there and watch them come by and slam our baits.  And everyone was doing it :)  Has anyone experienced that kind of thing lately?  Are they still stocking those big brookies like they used to?  Man, it was fun.

And, for you non Vex guys, that is one pattern where a Vex does absolutely no good!  Can't see squat in 2' of water, LOL!  What a neat lake though.  I always wanted to explore it for the jumbo perch and the walleyes in there, but never could keep my mind off those trout!
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 13, 2006, 04:18 PM »
fatboy, personally, i havent ice fished this lake much, i hear it gets really deep somewhere,,,,, over 50 foot..  there should be a ton of trout in there somewhere.  we fished this in mid dec, and didnt catch anything.  but if there is good ice, we'll be hitting it again,,,,,

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 13, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Welcome back Brent, cool pics. At least nobody left dead fish in your truck. Let's hook up this weekend.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 13, 2006, 08:32 PM »
wish i could go guys But i am 300 miles from home.  I hope the lake stays frozen though cause i would love to hit this lkae alot the last two weeks of the tourny. 

Good luck guys,

Dave

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 13, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Latley we have been fishing the deeper water just up from the launch infront of the stream that comes out.  the water is 30 feet deep there.  we marked alot of fish in the 24 foot area in the same part of the lake. 

My favorite is down by the dam though.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 13, 2006, 09:13 PM »
i just posted some pics in the pics thread of some of my fish this year.  the first several pics are fish from hunters.

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 14, 2006, 12:24 PM »
jiggerman,,, if your standing on the boat launch, facing the lake,,,,, the lake runs left to right,,,, which way is good water????     are you gonna be home to fish this weekend,,,, and when does the tourney end????  i was hoping to fish at least until the end of march.....

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 14, 2006, 03:15 PM »
jiggerman,,, nice pic's of those fish,,,, the last few didnt show up,,,,,, where did you catch the crappie and gills at?

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 14, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Frank,

If you stand on the launch, about 150 to 200 yards to your left and 1/4 the way across the lake there is a section that we have been fishing for the last two trips.  it has alot of fish there.  alot of bluegills in the 20 -28 foot area closer to shore and then alot of dink perch and a couple pf larger ones in the 30 -35 foot area about a third the way across the lake.  the gills and the crappie at the house were from hunters. 

Ill PM you with more specific info on the spot that i am talking about. 

Get ahold of Tim miller,  he wants to fish this sunday and monday. 

Dave

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 14, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Hey dave, where is the pics thread ??? ??? I went on the pics thread and didn't see you????????????
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 15, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Hithole,

the pics are under... Jiggermans icefishing pics 2005 and 2006 (updated 2/15/06)

Im still waiting for the pics of my big perch from tim.  I will then put them in for my entry in the tourny.

Dave

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 15, 2006, 12:23 PM »
looks like a cold and windy weekend.    hey brent,, the weather today reminds me of that day at r.v. last year,,,,,50 degree's, sunny,, pounding the fish, and getting sun burn :o :o :o :o   

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 15, 2006, 03:53 PM »
how strange is this,, when i left work this morning it was 21 degree's .  and they said in state college it was 41.    this weather sucks,  and what was suppose to be single digits over the weekend how now been increased to high teens :o,, with warmer weather coming next week,,highs  around 40.  looks like lake jean ,,,,,which is getting old...

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 15, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Hey guys check out my pics of the big bass i got two years ago.  i just put them back on in the Icefishing Pics section.  Its under My biggest bass ever.

Dave

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 15, 2006, 09:04 PM »
Hey guys check out my pics of the big bass i got two years ago.  i just put them back on in the Icefishing Pics section.  Its under My biggest bass ever.

Dave

I remember that pic!  You also caught a couple nice bass at the Sayers rodeo too...
Kevin Wilson

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Yeah i remember those bass to.   I have not had a ice season like that one for big bass since then.  Although i do try and concentrate for perch and walleye and pickerel now.  mainly perch. 

Do you have those pics from the rodeo.

We should have another one of those next year at sayers but also make a two day private members only tourny.  There are some big crappies comming out of there this year and there will be more next year.

Dave

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Dave, I don't think that I have digital pics of them.  I'll try and find the originals and get you copies, perhaps convert to digital.  It may take a while because we just moved into a new home in October and still haven't unpacked everything :-\

In fact, I found some old film rolls that I haven't had developed...maybe they're in there? LOL...

Some day I hope to convert all my fishing pics to digital images. 
Kevin Wilson

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 16, 2006, 12:06 PM »
dave,,,,,  what lake did that bass come from???

Offline MILLERICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 16, 2006, 01:57 PM »
frank... you guys wana hit jean this weekend? .....  sunday,monday?  or sat. night ?

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 16, 2006, 02:45 PM »
well guys, i dont know what to do.  suppose to be brutal out on saturday, i guess we should wait till friday and see what happens with the weather.  i got reassigned to  the hospital tonight, so you guys let me know what you want to do ... i dont mind the cold,,just the winddddddddd.   :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:  hunters or jean???   or sammy's, or papagallo's, or haywoods :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.