The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Countdown Begins to the 2011/12 season  (Read 11174 times)

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The Countdown Begins to the 2011/12 season
« Reply #120 on: Dec 27, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Well, sorry to say, once again any dreams we had of ice fishing soon just ended. Checked the radar, and the entire region is covered in green, with up to an inch of rain on the way.. and probably some snow tomorrow. To top it off, it is supposed to get cold later, with temperatures not exceeding 32 here tomorrow, meaning that there will be ice everywhere, except where we want it, ON THE DAMN LAKES!!!

The good news, however, is that after today, I think we will be well on our way to getting this show on the road. Checked the forecast, and every night is supposed to be freezing, with plenty of days when the temperature will not exceed the 20s.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #121 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:34 PM »
The only problem after today will be windy conditions next few days..that dosent help either.

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #122 on: Dec 27, 2011, 02:09 PM »
the artic occilation continues till 1 14 12    ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  20's and 30's used to be warm now they are the new cold @) if gets to zero weed think we was gonna die >:( lol
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline ice4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Hey Mark, let's hear some good news! The weather was cold last few days, how's the ice?

Come Monday, there will be a nice arctic blast! Exactly what we need!!!! You guys see the weather next week? In the teens during the day and single digits at night!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Hopefully the wind will go down though!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #124 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:16 AM »
I think we got spoiled the last few years....But, the weather this year is REALLY DISAPPOINTING!....so far.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #125 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »
I was on 3 inches up here in NE PA on Saturday...not a good 3" though.....with the cold we are getting now and with what is in the forecast for the next couple days, It should be good for this weekend.....only problem with this lake is that the fishing sucks....

Offline ice4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Hey Mark, do you know anything about how much ice Lake Harmony has, if any? I will be staying there for a week starting Jan 10th. I know it's a private lake, but  since you are from that area, I thought you might know.

Thanks!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:35 AM »
is DR.j in intensive care or is he and the pollocks fishin intensively
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #128 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:37 AM »
No mo, I'm here, reading away, smiling, everyday, just extremely scared to post given how many times I was one good night away from ice only to see it melt away or have some doctor call out and having me called in.

To all you dads out there, remind your wives that antibiotics ARE NOT A MAGIC CURE ALL FOR A KID WITH A COLD.  Makes my job easier.

Anyway Mo, waiting to see you write something, cmon man i've been slacking.  As soon as I get a 100flag day, you'll read about it.  Maybe tomorrow.

Van, Mark - you boys ready.  Call you tomorrow van.

Dr. Jm
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Jan 03, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Well its nice to see at least a little optimism.

Looks like yet another season of long drives, burning hundreds of gallons of fuel all to fish on over pressured lakes with mediocre fishing for me. Well better than working I guess. :-\

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #130 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Exactly how I feel....lots of driving for sub par fishing

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline Locnar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:11 PM »
So ya the forecast shows the temp going down to 5 degrees tonight in the poconos, sounds like power ice making temps to me and no daytime temps above freezing till the weekend, this could be the week to establish a good 4+ inches of better ice.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #132 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:48 PM »
So ya the forecast shows the temp going down to 5 degrees tonight in the poconos, sounds like power ice making temps to me and no daytime temps above freezing till the weekend, this could be the week to establish a good 4+ inches of better ice.

Dropped into the teens last night as well but with 15-25+ mph winds in the forecast tonight just as they were last night its anyones guess as to whats going to form, whats going to get broken up, ect :-\
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Jan 03, 2012, 05:08 PM »
No mo, I'm here, reading away, smiling, everyday, just extremely scared to post given how many times I was one good night away from ice only to see it melt away or have some doctor call out and having me called in.

To all you dads out there, remind your wives that antibiotics ARE NOT A MAGIC CURE ALL FOR A KID WITH A COLD.  Makes my job easier.

Anyway Mo, waiting to see you write something, cmon man i've been slacking.  As soon as I get a 100flag day, you'll read about it.  Maybe tomorrow.

Van, Mark - you boys ready.  Call you tomorrow van.

Dr. Jm
well on the antibiotics no effect on a virus although will kill bacteria caused by muccus ie wet enviroment will also kill everything in your gut which will lower your immunity and if taken inappropiately will breed super bugs that will need serious iv antibiotics to irradicate,on a somber note ::) there is no ice in western pa  :'(fishable that is ??? the post mortem on the ice we did have turns out to be algoreitis a serious illness with raised tempetures with increased wetness due to enviromental issues? ice fishin is contraindicated and serious side effects could occur including immediate death,depression,stomach ailments,hemmoroids,hypertension,bleeding gums,etc etc etc please notify your dr. DR> j if ice is found
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline icefishing275

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Jan 04, 2012, 04:05 PM »
here is a link to a 15 day forecast from accuweather for were i live... http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/shavertown-pa/18708/month/2206698?view=table
from 1/13/12-1/18/12 high temps arn't supposed to get over 27.... i guess better late then never

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #135 on: Jan 04, 2012, 05:37 PM »
Everything I checked this morning after work looked just like this (and I didn't check a single place that required a hike in, all public water with easy access  ;);D ;D

Everything had from 1-2" of ice and was making ice all day. The only thing that kept me from making it out this evening was a migraine  :-\  But I will be out somewhere after work in the morning...gotta give the new nils a workout. I figure if I drill 5 or 600 holes with it I might break a sweat  :whistle:

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:02 PM »
I just shed a tear. Looks like the ice close to shore is pretty solid.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 04, 2012, 07:11 PM »
I'd say thats a good place to spend a Saturday.

I guess its about time to order some bait. Have been holding off due to the weather.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #138 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:48 PM »
still fishless this season  :-\  and I actually got out on water that has produced 100s of gills, perch and crappies for me over the past few seasons (granted MOST were dinks and released)

Checked half a doz lakes here in the valley...All had 1.75-2.25" of ice with 1 exception where I found just under 3" and thats where I fished this afternoon for about 2 hours.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #139 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:13 PM »
IM gonna try and get out tomorrow for a little bit....  the lake i checked the yesterday had about 1.5 and today it had about three.  I would think more tomorrow so i will be fishing hopefully for some big largies and hopefully a pike. ;D

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline personality529

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:48 AM »
what lakes are frozen in northeastern pa any

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #141 on: Jan 06, 2012, 10:57 AM »
I'll have a report on a small pond in warren center soon.
update:
4" on a man made farm pond with no springs in it.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #142 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:43 PM »

none that are public that I know of

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #143 on: Jan 06, 2012, 07:49 PM »
2X
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #144 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:07 AM »

with the temps yesterday, the lake I was on on Thursday (I was staring at the PA Fish and Boat regional office  ;) ) is no longer good....oh well, have too many other things I gotta get done this weekend so wouldn't have been able to fish anyway

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #145 on: Jan 07, 2012, 11:15 AM »
I fished that lake 2 years ago and the gills were great, lots of guys were keeping bucket fulls, last year it wasn't so hot, dinks and very slow.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #146 on: Jan 09, 2012, 03:28 PM »
I fished that lake 2 years ago and the gills were great, lots of guys were keeping bucket fulls, last year it wasn't so hot, dinks and very slow.

I did pretty good there last year...but only from 3pm on  ;)   lots of dink gills mixed in but quite a few 7"+ fish in the mix

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.