The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Open Water ?  (Read 2317 times)

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
Open Water ?
« on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:41 PM »
 Is there any kind of open water site like the Ice Shanty Site?

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Open Water ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:48 PM »
Yes. Iceshanty's sister site-->  http://www.myfishfinder.com/
Ken                                          

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2009, 06:42 AM »
For some reason it does not get the draw this place does??? 

Snapper

Offline we3jeepers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Jeep?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:31 AM »

Snapper

I just signed up!!!

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2009, 11:28 AM »

Snapper

You are right! I signed up several years ago and most of the time there is no good up to date info there.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2009, 01:59 PM »
I know I post way more on the ice shanty site than I do on My Fish Finder. I think part of is I tend to fish till dark on open water which with the lengthening daylight (9pm-10pm), loading the boat, travel time, etc. You don't get home till nearly midnight. After a full day on the water, submitting a report tends to be pretty far down on my list. Secondly, I don't think open water fisherman are as liberal with their info as ice fisherman. I also think a lot of guys fish more private water so therfore don't report as often. I personally will try to make a concentrated effort to post more.  Lou

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2009, 02:15 PM »
I'm a member there too..  But I don't believe I logged in one time last year..  I'll stay here on IS.  Not as busy during the summer, But still a great place to be...

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2009, 06:09 AM »
Lou is spot on. I have been part of MFF since it started. Wait a minute: Mike joins MFF, MFF does not get any posting action, is there a correlation???  :-\ Hmmmm. OR, maybe it because it's summer time and everyone is just so much more busy. It's hard to sit in front of the computer when it's 80* and light till 8 or 9pm. As long as MFF continues to get more members, the post counts will go up. What MFF PA really needs is the Rebel team in action, that group will get any dead party wound up. :o ;D I would love to see everyone signed up. I know it's hard to post and there isn't a lot of information, but at least it's not as bad as the North Carolina forum on Iceshanty. :unsure:

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2009, 03:56 AM »
you said it all mike ;D ;D ;D
 to much daylight to hang on here
 alot more time to fish
 to many outside chores to do

digger ;D

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2009, 07:19 PM »

Snapper
Need more chicks wearing bikinnis fishing, that would draw em'. ;D

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Lou is spot on. I have been part of MFF since it started. Wait a minute: Mike joins MFF, MFF does not get any posting action, is there a correlation???  :-\ Hmmmm. OR, maybe it because it's summer time and everyone is just so much more busy. It's hard to sit in front of the computer when it's 80* and light till 8 or 9pm. As long as MFF continues to get more members, the post counts will go up. What MFF PA really needs is the Rebel team in action, that group will get any dead party wound up. :o ;D I would love to see everyone signed up. I know it's hard to post and there isn't a lot of information, but at least it's not as bad as the North Carolina forum on Iceshanty. :unsure:

Mike

Well, you got what you asked for!! did you happen to check out the Rebel Team Chat on MFF? there is still NO real fishable open water yet here and it already has 9 pages on it! ENJOY!! rebel team applications now being accepted! :thumbsup:

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:12 PM »

Mike
Seems like there's a lot of people with the 'REBEL CHARM' ;D on Ice Shanty that have been signing onto Myfishfinder. While the info is great, and a huge part of it all. It's good to go and read something, that will make you laugh your butt off. :laugh:
 Anyone that wants to join the Rebels over on the Fishfinder are more than welcome. You don't get a lot of serious 8) talk on the 'Rebel Team Chat' though. :laugh:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2009, 05:43 PM »
ever notice that ice fishermen in general more talkative and sharing information...not nearly the same on open water..I've noticed that more and more the last couple years that I have been fishing...but give MFF a chance--
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2009, 10:31 PM »
ever notice that ice fishermen in general more talkative and sharing information...not nearly the same on open water..I've noticed that more and more the last couple years that I have been fishing...but give MFF a chance--
Welcome to ICESHANTY, TFBuddy.
The Rebels are always talkative, and willing to share info with a select few. Alot of  PA. IS members have migrated over to MFF this year. Be sure to stop over on MFF, and check out the 'REBEL TEAM CHAT' on the PA. section...There's always something goin' on there. If your into jokin' around, you'll fit right in with the rest of us. :laugh:
Besides that, you'll find there is alot of serious info to be found and shared on both sites. Have a great openwater season, and maybe we'll see ya' over on the Fishfinder. :thumbsup:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.