Author Topic: Augers for Clam Plate Kit  (Read 2450 times)

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Augers for Clam Plate Kit
« on: Oct 25, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Do any of the hand augers bolt up to the clam plate directly ? Wanting a 7 inch auger to bolt on with no adapter needed. Was going to use my Nils 6 and 8 inch but adapters not easily found.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Augers for Clam Plate Kit
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Any generic hand auger bit will bolt directly to the plate.  Strikemaster, Mora, Clam, Eskimo, Bass Pro, etc.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Any generic hand auger bit will bolt directly to the plate.  Strikemaster, Mora, Clam, Eskimo, Bass Pro, etc.
The Mini Nero also bolts directly to the Clam also. It's a little bitty rascal at setup since the auger section is only about two feet long. Light weight though.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2018, 02:48 PM »
The Mini Nero also bolts directly to the Clam also. It's a little bitty rascal at setup since the auger section is only about two feet long. Light weight though.
But the Nero comes with an extension.
<===Lefty===

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2018, 02:51 PM »
But the Nero comes with an extension.
Very important as just about all the hand augers require an extension unless your drilling on your knees.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Eskimo pistol bit, Eskimo, Clam, Strikemaster and Mora hand augers all fit the Clam plate you will need a extension as others have said. I'm 5.4 short and could not do it with out the extension.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2018, 05:28 PM »
I’m 6’ and I don’t “need” an extension. If my back was shot or I was about an extra foot taller....maybe. I suppose a lot would also depend on ice thickness. Having said that, I have been waiting for ice season this year so I can get one. I don’t find them necessary but I do find them convenient. I was late-to-the-game last year when I purchased my Plate and extensions were sold out for the season. FWIW, I use an 8’ Lazer and occasionally use an 8’ “mora” style Eskimo. Both bolt on and work great on the Plate.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2018, 06:01 PM »
I could use a spud also, nothing else necessary, however I choose not to, have electric drill and clam plate, with extension

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:22 AM »
Just so I'm clear, can the HT mini Nero bolt directly to the clam plate with the included extension? In another thread here a user stated they needed to use the clam branded extension.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:45 AM »
The Nero Extension doesn't fit. You need the Clam Extension.
<===Lefty===

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Thanks lefty!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.