The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: lake chauncy  (Read 7417 times)

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
Re: lake chauncy
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:32 PM »
I run the Camp Joslin Torney with Dan Kenney - it is a ton of work. But for me, raising money for children with diabetes is so worth it. I give it my all and come home completely spent. I usually limp around for a couple days after, but it is so worth it. Every now and then you hear complaints... but that shouldn't surprise anyone. Nothing will ever be perfect. I give the A1 club alot of credit - the Chauncy tourney attracts alot of fisherman and managing that tourney is a herculian task. Speaking for myself and Dan, we are always open for suggestions for our Tourney. I'm sure the A1 guys are as well. Just my 2 cents....  

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Nice post Porter!! :thumbsup:

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Man if ya don't like the place don't go. I tried Chauncy a few times and got skunked even when jigging so I just don't fish there. Rather fish somewhere else just my bag. But if ya want to hang out with friends and swap stories drink some beers then go. I fish other tourneys and always have fun. The guys that run these tourneys sacrifice a lot of time and hear a lot of b***hing. Remember you have free choice to go or not. Most tourneys go for a good cause. :tipup:

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2008, 07:21 AM »
i'll see ya there again this yr, scott and bj.

Offline Chuck Norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:55 PM »
how much ice we got on chauncey, i was thinkin of hittin it this weekend

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2008, 08:50 AM »
how much ice we got on chauncey, i was thinkin of hittin it this weekend

CN,

I was out on Chauncy this past Tuesday and there was a good 6" of black with another couple crust on top... Should be fine!  I was in the cove by the first picnic table.

Hope to catch up with you sometime out there! Perhaps the post tourny shanty beer fest next weekend?

BTW: 36" pike was pulled out on Tuesday by the guy next to me.  Nice fish!

me 2 flags, no fish!   "I joost Caunt Doit Captain, I don't have the powa!" "Damn it Flaggs"
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline Chuck Norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2008, 01:28 PM »
CN,

I was out on Chauncy this past Tuesday and there was a good 6" of black with another couple crust on top... Should be fine!  I was in the cove by the first picnic table.

Hope to catch up with you sometime out there! Perhaps the post tourny shanty beer fest next weekend?

BTW: 36" pike was pulled out on Tuesday by the guy next to me.  Nice fish!

me 2 flags, no fish!   "I joost Caunt Doit Captain, I don't have the powa!" "d**n it Flaggs"

Thanks for the info.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it out to the derby next weekend, might end up having to work.  But if not I'll be there.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Anyone fish Chauncy this weekend? Curious on how much ice?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline Chuck Norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 05, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Anyone fish Chauncy this weekend? Curious on how much ice?

Saturday still had a good 6-7

Offline SENOB57

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stop talkin and get the line back in.
« Reply #39 on: Feb 05, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Does anyone know if the Lake Chauncy tournament is still on ?  I think they may be taking a chance putting 200-300 people on the ice after all the rain and warm weather and the upcoming forecast for the rest of the week.  Chauncy has some weird spots that don't freeze too well unless it's been really cold.  If anyone hears any thing post it.

Thanks,
Bones

Offline Chuck Norris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 05, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Does anyone know if the Lake Chauncy tournament is still on ?  I think they may be taking a chance putting 200-300 people on the ice after all the rain and warm weather and the upcoming forecast for the rest of the week.  Chauncy has some weird spots that don't freeze too well unless it's been really cold.  If anyone hears any thing post it.

Thanks,
Bones

I fish Chauncey a fair amount, and throughout the years I have found that it is usually one of the last places to get safe ice, but is also known for holding ice longer than most ponds.  I haven't heard anything yet though, so I guess we'll have to wait and see, but like i said before it was still in good shape this past saturday

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:53 AM »
i think the shores are all open from the rain. i don't know about the derby.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #42 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:13 AM »
We will find out for sure tomorrow . Pudge and the boys will be checking it out. But this rain isnt helping.

Offline the wizzard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Fished a-1 today in the pouring rain.The edges were fine and the ice seemed okay even though it was raining hard.There was a good 8-9 inches out there.
Altogether with three guys,we hauled 20 bass and 4 picks through the hole ,biggest being 4#even.Not too bad of a day considering the conditions.
A hot tub was waiting for me when i got home!!

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 06, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Good to hear about the ice. And nice job fishing in this crap weather. A true diehard!! :bow:

Offline tc34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #45 on: Feb 09, 2008, 03:09 PM »
pudge, another great tourney put on we(BCIM)did not get many fish but had a great time thank you for another great run tourny!!

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:32 PM »
My buddy couldnt find his his keys so we were late this morning for the derby. Ended up fishing A-1 and had a good day. Got 18 fish between 2 of us. But would have been happier at the derby. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.