Author Topic: Weather.com Fishing Forecast  (Read 1342 times)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Weather.com Fishing Forecast
« on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:38 PM »
I'm curious to get everyones opinion on the fishing forecast that weather.com has on its web site. Who believes in it? I went out today at around 1 to 3:30/4:00 which was supposed to be the peak time and I didnt get one flag? Does anyone put any stock in these reports

Offline jeffd88

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Weather.com Fishing Forecast
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:15 PM »
i just went to it and checked it out...pretty slick...i am one of those guys that logs everything in a small notebook when i fish, so when we get some ice here pretty soon i'll be sure to check their chart and fish and record my data, then i can give you some feedback. in fisherman records show that most (70-80%) of all record fish get caught 4 days before and 4 days after full moons.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:30 PM »
interesting

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:39 PM »
the weather channel is usually off. as well as the other guys :D

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2007, 01:00 AM »
I checked the forecast for today and compared it to my fishing today and based on this one day, I would say it does seem to be accurate.  We were catching a lot of perch all day long but the peak times on the graph did coincide with the peak times on the ice. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:26 AM »
fifteen below two nites ago, thirteen below last night, and about ten degrees right now. Ice is doing oh so well here in wyoming
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2007, 08:16 AM »
i specifically went out yesterday and set up right before the peak time and didnt have on flag :'( :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.