New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: BuchShotJon  (Read 1327 times)

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
BuchShotJon
« on: Jan 24, 2007, 08:46 AM »
Just wondering if your still around.

Were you ever successfull with openeing that bait shop?

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Re: BuchShotJon
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2007, 10:01 AM »
His last login was 2 days ago...However, he hasn't posted anything at all since last March.  ::)

camo_fish

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:41 AM »
sorry to hear about last year, but glad to see that things worked out for the better for ya.  :) Sounds like you are already on the road to the higher life and getting back inbetween the ditches. Glad to see ya back on the site and hope that you can make the best of it all and get your 2 daughters out on the ice to enjoy some quality time inbetween work and helping the girls do homework.
Take care and look forward to seeing some ice fishing adventures this year, and it would be sweet to see a picture of that monster buck you got this year. Always love a good buck with horns in hand.  ;)  8)
Peace out and god bless.

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:51 AM »
Buchshot I can relate to your situaton.
I have been down that road and raised my daughter 100% from the age of 4.
Alot of fishing and hunting trips were put to the side for a long time. But that lake or stream will be around alot longer than our kids will. My daughter is now 16 and I have time again to do more of the personal things in life, like ice fishing my brains out.
Sounds like your going to fight the good fight and be there for your kids, I promise you from experience it is worth so much more than anything else.
Best of luck to you and your girls, and hopefully they will grow up to appreciate the outdoors as much as their dad.

Wellsy.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:03 AM »
Sorry to hear about what you went through last year!  It's good to see ya back on the board even if it's only once in a while.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:27 AM »
Buckshot I too went through a divorce and Whats funny is just like you, I then went out and shot the biggest buck of my life. Good luck to you. By the way where is your bait shop located?
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:29 AM »
Glad to see your still around. Sorry to hear about the big D. I believe everything happens for a reason and from what you said, it's obvious things are looking up.

Congrats on the deer. That's a lot more luck than I had this season. I never even got a shot off this season. If I'd been paying attention I would have bagged a buck, but I was too busy focusing on my hatred for the 85 chipmunks that surrounded me.

That's cool that you take your girls out with you, they must have a blast. I know my 7 year old girl nags to go ice fishing as soon as she sees the first flake of snow. She asked me the other day if the gear was ready. I have a 9 month old son now that is right into everything of course, and takes up most of my time also. He is mamma's little hip monkey right now, but she realizes she is only going to hold his interest for a couple years tops, then he's dad's ;D. I can't wait!

I was packing up my summer gear the other day and came across that old 5hp jet motor you gave me. It still runs like a champ. I tore it down, cleaned and lubed everything, then reassembled it and it took right off. It's a pretty reliable little motor.

Well it's good to see your still around. If I ever get up that way to fish again I'll drop you a PM and see what your up to.

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2007, 04:45 PM »
awesome  Buck shot.. I have been wondering about you to.  Once I was in Ponderosa in Geneva and thought I saw you.. so I asked him... Are you buckshotjon? He said no... about 10 minutes later he came over said we areVERY curious... Who is buckshotjon...  We had a good laugh over that one.  Its great tht the Lord has made a difference.. He is wonderful isn't He!!!!!  Keep looking up Brother!!  Glad you are still around, reuben

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:12 PM »
BSJ,

I like everyone else was wondering where you were. After reading your post, all was
explained. I'm sorry to hear of your recent personal problems. Before you know it - your
"little" girls will be all grown up and on their own, enjoy them now while they are still
young. It's great that they like to enjoy the outdoors with you. That was a real nice buck
you got. Maybe I'll see you off third cheek sometime.
Keep the faith and god bless you and your family.

Pete

Offline feller17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Hey Jon,

How was the rest of the day on Sodus?- You would not believe it, but after you called my cell I had to hang up for a GOOD bite!!  I hooked a bass on Honeye that I couldn't get his fat head through the 8 inch hole, Bro this thing was huge!!!  I was jigging for gills and he hit it had to be an easy 8 lbs,  I had his lips out of the water, then he realized what was up, he measured roughly 29-30 inches and man was he fat!!!  drop me a call- Dave

Offline BuckShotJon

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Gimpy Fisher
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Dave,
It's only a fish story until you land it  ;D

We caught some really nice bass in Honeoye during this last Summer. A few were in the 5 lb area and a good number in the 3 lb range. The lake was loaded with them and were were averaging 50-80 fish per day.

Jon
Check Out The Hunting Shanty

Check Out The Softer Side Of The Shanty At www.Myfishfinder.com

Offline feller17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Jon,

I'll be at Braddocks on Saturday, let me know if your in or not, drop me a line, I'm 2 minutes from the Bay, meet at my house and go from there- Dave

Offline BuckShotJon

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Gimpy Fisher
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2007, 07:29 AM »
Sounds good Dave, I have the girls so it all depends on how warm it will be.

Jon
Check Out The Hunting Shanty

Check Out The Softer Side Of The Shanty At www.Myfishfinder.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.