The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: need help with eskimo auger  (Read 651 times)

Offline HERM THE WORM

• IceShanty Rookie
need help with eskimo auger
« on: Oct 29, 2006, 01:42 AM »
I have a eskimo mako auger that is going on its third season, and have issues with it ,it will start and run fine for the first 10minutes then it will start to bog when given any throttle under load sometimes i,ll just get  it running wide open w/o any load then if i'm careful I i'll be able to drill my holes with it wide open needless to say this isn't always the safest of situations when i'm going hole to hole.with the season approaching I ethier need to find someone in southern maine to repair it,any suggestions on who/where or send it back to eskimo has any one ever done this and what can I expect for a turn around time.any suggestions would be helpful thanks-htw

Offline Bobberstop

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have Ice Will Fish R.I.P. TH10 3/20/09
Re: need help with eskimo auger
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2006, 04:54 AM »
Have you tryed changing the spark plug?

Ron
Bobberstop

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: need help with eskimo auger
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2006, 05:43 AM »
Had the same problem with mine last year.  I talked with a rep from Eskimo last year at an ice fishing and he gave me a new screw out vent gas cap.  He said they were having problems with the self venting cap.  Put on the new one and haven't had the problem since.  Here's a link for Ardisam customer service.  Give them a call.  They have great customer service.  Tight lines.

http://64.224.202.116/MainPages/contact.htm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.