The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Upcoming season plans?  (Read 8030 times)

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Upcoming season plans?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2006, 06:14 AM »
want a fishing partner give me a yell sometime.

Absolutely.  Anytime. 

I hear you about Third.  3 of us went through 5 dozen bait before 10AM.  Biggest togue was 21 inches.

My little fat buddy sold his camp on St. Froid this Spring.  :(
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2006, 08:44 AM »
JDK / Jacksmelt - How about the fishing on Spider?  Giving this a little more thought and it looks like those Maccannamac Camps (sp?) look like a good "jumping off" point for that area as any.  Thanks guys. 

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Sep 26, 2006, 06:25 PM »
JDK / Jacksmelt - How about the fishing on Spider?  Giving this a little more thought and it looks like those Maccannamac Camps (sp?) look like a good "jumping off" point for that area as any.  Thanks guys. 

I can't help you.  Only fished Spider once a long time ago and did not do well.  It is a good jumping off point however.
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #33 on: Sep 26, 2006, 09:07 PM »

Hey Gamefisher, we stay at Macannamac every year and fish Spider, Clear, Churchill, and if the traveling is real good go to Eagle. The camps are great, with plenty of dry fire wood. I'll send you a pm.

Here's a few pics from last year.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=37413.0

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Sep 27, 2006, 06:05 AM »
JDK and Out4Trout -  Got your PM's.  Thank you both very much.  Man, there is just to much great terrain to cover in this great State of ours!  Out4Trout - you've got to get that Katahdin picutre blown up for your wall.... awesome.

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Sep 27, 2006, 06:23 AM »
JDK and Out4Trout -  Got your PM's.  Thank you both very much.  Man, there is just to much great terrain to cover in this great State of ours!  Out4Trout - you've got to get that Katahdin picutre blown up for your wall.... awesome.

That picture was taken from Abol bridge. Even though I've got quite a few from that same spot, I have to stop and take another each year. Nothing like being there in real life though.

Offline Strike Lead

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oakland, Maryland
« Reply #36 on: Sep 27, 2006, 09:46 PM »
I want to pack up the gear and spend a week in a classic shanty town. I live in far western Maryland. Anyone have any ideas for a good trip I can start working on? Have bucks....will travel!
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.  ~Koos Brandt

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Sep 27, 2006, 09:50 PM »
sorry i missed your post gamefisher but looks like out4trout took care of ya! you ever up that way give me a yell and ill join you on the lake. im about 2hrs drive from that area and fish it often. hey steve, ill try to join you guys on your outing next mar. maybe hit a different lake with you guys this time.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Sep 27, 2006, 09:51 PM »
The lakes I fish on in northern Washington County Maine, night fishing is prohibited. 
Fishing ends 1/2 hour after sunset.
There are some decent sporting camps on the lake that can be rented.  The owners
also rent ice shacks, and help you get set up, etc.  Send me a PM and I will respond
with some definite names, but one that I don't mind putting out in the public is
The Birches on East Musquash.  I was a regular customer for many years.  Email me
and I will give you more details. 

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Sep 28, 2006, 06:56 AM »
sorry i missed your post gamefisher but looks like out4trout took care of ya! you ever up that way give me a yell and ill join you on the lake. im about 2hrs drive from that area and fish it often. hey steve, ill try to join you guys on your outing next mar. maybe hit a different lake with you guys this time.

That sounds good Steve, we have a weekend all locked in, I'm not sure of the exact dates, but I'll let you know.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Sep 28, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I want to pack up the gear and spend a week in a classic shanty town. I live in far western Maryland. Anyone have any ideas for a good trip I can start working on? Have bucks....will travel!

I'm sure you could make a week out of this
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=37307.0 

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Sep 28, 2006, 08:44 PM »
That (little arrowhead) just may be the place where the state record resides. FH ;D
Actually, techincally, I don't want to go too far over anyones head, but Arrowhead will never produce 3# craps...structurally it cannot....look to Sebago, or Auburn, that is possible, but a three pounder out of Arrowhead...I doubt it....not enough deep water for the ederly crappies....
It's all about Karma.....

Offline Tautog Rich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Sep 29, 2006, 05:43 AM »
I'll be bowhunting until I cannot or I tag out. Then is rifle for deer, same scenario. THEN I'll take my little hand auger, and drill all the same places as last yr and set traps out until I locate the yellahs again. Then jig my butt off and have some fun. After ice out, it's back to scouting for next yr's buck. When the child support gets paid off next yr, it is going to be PART TIME work only so I will actually have a bit of a life to hunt & fish more, or atleast more leisurely(not rushing & squeezing to fit things in betwen work and other stuff). Good luck to you al & hope to see you out there. I fish Manhannock and Harlow, as well as Wassookeag, and a few other local lakes/ponds.  BTW---found excellent crappie water this year...I might have ashot at the FNCL!

Frozen_nutts

« Reply #43 on: Sep 29, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Actually, techincally, I don't want to go too far over anyones head, but Arrowhead will never produce 3# craps...structurally it cannot....look to Sebago, or Auburn, that is possible, but a three pounder out of Arrowhead...I doubt it....not enough deep water for the ederly crappies....
Ive seen3+ pound crappie from arrowhead in open water ::)

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Thats called a bass cliff.... ::)

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:27 PM »
they're in sebago ;)

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Frozen_nutts

« Reply #46 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:31 PM »
Thats called a bass cliff.... ::)
yea...a colico bass

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:36 PM »
yea...a colico bass
i've heard them called strawberry bass before :tipup:

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline big j 2520

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Looking forward to NY get together. That the only real plan I have so far. Hoping to meet some more shanty members.
If it smells worse than the bait send it back !!!

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Oct 01, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Ive seen3+ pound crappie from arrowhead in open water ::)
I kinda doubt it...Arrowhead just cannot produce 3# craps...maybe in your dreams....
It's all about Karma.....

Frozen_nutts

« Reply #50 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:02 PM »
I kinda doubt it...Arrowhead just cannot produce 3# craps...maybe in your dreams....
You can doubt it all you want.....like I said..I have seen it!

Offline scottly0

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicken Little
« Reply #51 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:12 PM »
I am building a massive shack for sabattus lake--12x18 (3 modular sections)with doors on all sides and windows gallore.  It is still in the planning stage but I think I will cut the ribbon next weekend.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #52 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:21 PM »
scott, if you want some combination windows i have all kinds. you're welcome to them for free ...

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Oct 20, 2006, 03:14 PM »
remember Cliff....fiesty knows all  ::)

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Oct 25, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Hi im from NY and I was thinking about fishing sebago any tips.

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #55 on: Oct 26, 2006, 04:11 AM »
Hi im from NY and I was thinking about fishing sebago any tips.
Hey PK, Sebago has an excellent "perch fishery". Try any of the shallow tribs or coves. You should hit pay dirt. Thin em out a little will ya? FH
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Oct 26, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Hey PK, Sebago has an excellent "perch fishery". Try any of the shallow tribs or coves. You should hit pay dirt. Thin em out a little will ya? FH

Thanks. hows the north end up by were is goes under the bridge, i got family that live on the lake right there.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Oct 27, 2006, 06:24 AM »
instigator  lol >:D
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.