The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Second time in a row!  (Read 814 times)

Offline Bignass56

• IceShanty Rookie
Second time in a row!
« on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Spent past 2 days prepping for this trip north today. Left house at 4:45am got to lake and realized i didnt bring a chair for the second trip in a row. Been standing since 6am lmao. Whats the most important thing any of you guys have left behind? Wanna feel better about myself

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Second time in a row!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:39 PM »
Forgot the minnows at home once

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Drove three hours to Lake Erie for smallmouth bass fishing. Guy in charge of getting the soft craws left them at home.  Only one smallmouth caught and it couldn't have been 5 inches. All he heard all day on the boat was "You should have brought the soft craws. " It got to the point where he said if you guys say that one more time, "I'm going to be throwing you over the side."  :roflmao:

Truth be known it probably wasn't the lack of crayfish. It was a dead calm bright summer day. Not a good fishing day on Erie.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline FishinPhil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Today I left my needle nose pliers at home and felt like I couldn’t get away from the pickerel. Had to use the little pliers on a utility knife. Let’s just say I have a few added cuts on my hand.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2019, 03:04 PM »
forgot the propane once for the grill. Luckily my brother hiked back to the car and went and got us all McDonald's.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Forgot my spud.

Offline Bignass56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Best part about is i askes the wife twice friday while running errands "Can you remind me to grab my fishing seat out of basement when we get home"  which she did of course.. still forgot it hahahaha

Offline Bollesy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2019, 04:55 PM »
I live in SE Mass and planned an ice fishing trip up to Kezar Lake area in ME for a long weekend. Worked on setting up my traps for salmon and togue for a week prior. Needless to say got all the way to our property up there and forgot the basket of traps. Luckily we had a set of 5 oldies up there that we were able to get by with.

Offline FishingWorcester4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2019, 06:45 PM »
I forgot to much to mention but one day at quinsig we decided to move to another pond in auburn and left behind our hand auger, we realized what we did after all the drive so we drove back and it was gone.
Just this past sunday my buddy's bit came off as soon as I drilled the hole. I said "we are getting it back dont worry". Got home and ordered a 330lb magnet that came tuesday(48hrs later). First try got it, every Ice fisherman needs a fishing magnet.

Fishing....A jerk on one end and a jerk on the other.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Boots....drove 2.5hrs to lake george...rainy day and I had to fish in my nikes.  Not fun.

Offline Bignass56

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2019, 06:55 PM »
Boots....drove 2.5hrs to lake george...rainy day and I had to fish in my nikes.  Not fun.

Yeah thats probably 1 of the most needed pieces of gear other than your fishing gear obv but thats makes for such an awful day. Wet soggy feet no thanks. Now i feel bad for complaining about standing for almost 10 hours

Offline Ice max

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2019, 07:43 PM »
My striker jacket, only stayed like hour and left

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.