New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: I really didn’t want to see this again ( Cossayuna Lake DEC Called  (Read 5985 times)

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I’m not sure if you guys remember the video we posted last year showing the mess of trash that was left behind after an ice shanty was removed from the ice. We really couldn’t do anything about it because the ice shanty was already gone.  This year the same guys are back and trashing the ice again. When a person is being that disrespectful to the environment something has to be done. We did call dec and turned him in. The officers knew I’d the guy from previous deer poaching violations. The officers said they would go down and check out the situation the next day.

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good job guys. This dude belongs in the hood somewhere & not on a lake
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
Throttle the pigs! Good for you guys for making the call....

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good job reporting it

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
Makes me mad just to watch that!  It's gotta be hard not to take things into your own hands, good job on going thru the right channels.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That’s for all the positive support guys. This is exactly how our fishing spots get shut down. I’m definitely going to follow up on this to make sure something is done. The officers I talked to seemed to really want to help. Hopefully they pull through. Keep in mind that’s that shanty was just put out this week. If this is the mess they make after one trip. Picture the mess after a season a fishing.

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great video, and thanks for calling ENCON, but if I were going to post that on the internet, I might hold a full face cutout of a movie star or a politician in front of my face and not use my ATV as a backdrop.  Some of the folks that cause that kind of mess will do similar things to a parked vehicle or a person if they think they have the person who dropped a dime on them.

Offline JSONICE

• IceShanty Rookie
Disgusting slobs! Can you imagine what his house must look like??

Glad you made the call!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Why not just become an EPO?

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great video, and thanks for calling ENCON, but if I were going to post that on the internet, I might hold a full face cutout of a movie star or a politician in front of my face and not use my ATV as a backdrop.  Some of the folks that cause that kind of mess will do similar things to a parked vehicle or a person if they think they have the person who dropped a dime on them.

I’m not too worried about that. If he was in the ice shanty I would have called it in with him standing next to me.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Why not just become an EPO?

I have a lot of respect for the Encon officers. Dealing with people like that every day isn’t my thing. Lawn mowers  and snow blowers don’t talk back lol

Offline wranglerdrvr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice vid, thanks for calling it in!!

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good job turning those guys in.  Hope the DEC officers go out there when they are in the hut.

Offline pmac3

• Team IceShanty Addict
Man, that is absolutely appalling. Thanks for sharing. A little shaming would do this person good, if they have any.
Pete

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
Disgusting slobs! Can you imagine what his house must look like??

Glad you made the call!
You would be surprised. Usually people who litter and make messes don't do it around their own house.(hoarders excluded) .Their mentality is i don't live here, not my problem. They know someone will pick up after them. Kind of like the old saying "don't poop where you eat"

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was on Cossayuna today from dark to dark and when we got off the DEC where checking out that shanty. I personally picked up 2 propane tanks that where froze into the ice, some pieces from a broken tip up, tip up line, plastic cigar ends and some rubber pieces. This pisses me off when I see this crap on the ice. If you can bring it on, you can bring it off the ice. People wonder why some places are private and don’t want people on it, because of crap like this on the ice.
May your tip up flags fly high!

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
You did the right thing and thank you.  Nice job!  A few bad eggs can ruin it for the good guys
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline MattyP123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH - HUNT - ICE

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
GLAD YOU CALL IT IN  GOOD JOB

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hope ECON can go out there when their on the ice, they may have used a fake name on the shed. Somebody in their group probably saw the posts from last season. I hope they can fine the owner, have the shed removed and pull their license. You did a great job. A lot of people talk tough and do nothing. YOU THROTTLED THEM. >:( As always great video!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys quick update . Just got off the phone with the encon officer again. Really nice guy. He called me back to give me an update. He did go out to see the ice shanty . He did get in contact with the shanty owner. He cast the blame onto someone else and did not get charged for anything. From what he told me he would personally need to seen him creating the mess with his own eyes to have it hold up in court. The shanty being his and have a complete mess around it wasn’t grounds for any charge.  He Orded him to clean up the mess ASAP and will be back to check. ( with this upcoming snow fall nothing will probably get cleaned ) if he doesn’t clean it up he can charge him. He also said more officers are going to be on the ice checking for stuff like this. So not really the best of outcome but at least they are going to keep an eye on it to prevent more trash on the ice.

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
I read this post about an hour ago.......and I am in Michigan, not your neck of the woods.

The more I thought about it, I wanted to get back on the site and give you big props for calling this pig out and the videos. 

Well done and much respect!

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
I remember the video...nice job!

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
I remember the video...nice job!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I read this post about an hour ago.......and I am in Michigan, not your neck of the woods.

The more I thought about it, I wanted to get back on the site and give you big props for calling this pig out and the videos. 

Well done and much respect!

Thanks man. Hopefully it helps clean up some lakes around here

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
the way the guy smokes he's probably going to be dead in a year or two anyways .....

good job calling

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
way to be proactive! nice work!

Offline JackD

• IceShanty Rookie
It’d be a shame if that shack burnt down from all those cigarette butts

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Full Throttle good work i remember the pigs video surprised the shanty owner put his real name and address on the shanty. hopefully he receives a hefty fine has to remove the shanty and has his license suspended for a year or more. In my humble opinion given what the Econ officer told you about other problems with this person he will be out fishing license or not if DEC can not legally confiscated his shanty  he will probably relocate to another lake. Please keep us updated on what happens with this matter.
Steve

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
Full Throttle. Well done sir. Glad you notified DEC. Keep us posted.
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.