Author Topic: Bait shops in Conway area?  (Read 866 times)

Offline Rancid_Crabtree

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait shops in Conway area?
« on: Jan 16, 2019, 05:01 AM »
Hello all—

I’m new to fishing through the ice. Wondering if there is a recommended bait shop in the Conway/Ossippi area?

Thank you!

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bait shops in Conway area?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2019, 05:31 AM »
They are listed online as you need a license to deal bait. If you're having trouble finding one it may be the misspelling of Ossipee?
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 06:50 AM »
there is a bait shop on pine river rd in ossippee/ effingham the guys a real nice guy has everything you need there are signs at end of rd on rte 16
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Rancid_Crabtree

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:27 AM »
Thank you!

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 07:39 AM »
I will second Ossipee bait on Pine River Road.  DJ will have everything you need and is a super nice guy!

I also believe that there is a hardware store near silver lake that sells shiners.  Nothing else that I know of North of there towards Conway.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Silver lake home center in Madison has shiners but their hours aren't fisherman friendly
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2019, 01:48 PM »
there is a bait shop on pine river rd in ossippee/ effingham the guys a real nice guy has everything you need there are signs at end of rd on rte 16

Does he have smelt?

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Does he have smelt?
He has in the past but sells out really fast when he gets them in. Also its a 24hr bait shop if that helps people.... Never know when you get the erge to buy shiners at 2am :woot:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2019, 02:57 PM »
He has in the past but sells out really fast when he gets them in. Also its a 24hr bait shop if that helps people.... Never know when you get the erge to buy shiners at 2am :woot:

I’ve done it lol
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Someone else in Albany was just issued a dealer license according to F&G so that should help the area, silver lake hardware in Madison as well as the ace hardware mountain greenery on 16 across from beaver hollow further south. I have fully given up on Nutes because they have given up on me...
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline redmerle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:28 PM »
2nd silver lake hardware store on the north end of the lake. i think they were around 5-6 bucks a dozen. not the ideal place to get bait if you want to get out early, but, if you have a way to keep them overnight if you are venturing up a day ahead of time its a good option.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:34 PM »
2nd silver lake hardware store on the north end of the lake. i think they were around 5-6 bucks a dozen. not the ideal place to get bait if you want to get out early, but, if you have a way to keep them overnight if you are venturing up a day ahead of time its a good option.

$6 a dozen they are supposed to get suckers in tomorrow or Friday
Every fish is a good fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.