Author Topic: Getting a Vex, Fl28?  (Read 465 times)

Online CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Getting a Vex, Fl28?
« on: Oct 15, 2018, 07:41 PM »
I have a Vexilar Fl-22 that I like and has served me well but am looking at getting a new one and pass the fl22 to my son.

I like vexilar and that the FL28 has the digital read out.  Are they coming out with something new? Anybody know of any sales? What is the preferred transducer?

TY

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Getting a Vex, Fl28?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2018, 08:46 PM »
I've got an FL18, FL20, FL22HD, and an FLX28.

That way if anyone goes in the wheel house they have a vexilar. Tri Beams on all of them.

My first was an FL20 and I still prefer the way it looks and fishes vs the other vexilars. I also like the digital depth add on for the 20 vs the one in the FLx28 display. More of a preference of what I was use to then anything.

The FLx28 is a great flasher, and has some nice options like weed mode, but I didn't really find anything totally game changing in the FLx28 vs the other flashers I have.

Overall, I find the FL18 has the options that I need......bottom zoom, LP mode, and the digital depth add on.

I don't believe vexilar is comming out with any new sonars....they took the FL12 & FL20 and upgraded them to the FLX series last year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.