Author Topic: Vexilar  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Vexilar
« on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Can't wait till cold weather gets here I'm starting to feel the itch before hunting season argh!! Anyway I used a vexilar flasher last year that belonged to a buddy of mine it was a blast seeing the fish swim up to my jig. Was looking to buy one but cant shell out the 4 to 600 dollars for a vexilar anyone have any input on others on the market that work as well? Thanks in advance.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexilar
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:17 PM »
What model are you after/like? Flea Bay or a local craiglist might have what your after

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Can't wait till cold weather gets here I'm starting to feel the itch before hunting season argh!! Anyway I used a vexilar flasher last year that belonged to a buddy of mine it was a blast seeing the fish swim up to my jig. Was looking to buy one but cant shell out the 4 to 600 dollars for a vexilar anyone have any input on others on the market that work as well? Thanks in advance.

Go to vexilar site. They have refurbished units. Priced low.

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Got to vexilar site. They have refurbished units.
I get fl18  ;D

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Thanks for the tip went on the sight anyone know how the fl8 works or am I better with the 12?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip went on the sight anyone know how the fl8 works or am I better with the 12?

If you can swing it, I would get at least a FL-18.  The zoom feature is fantastic.  I don't think the 12 has zoom.  I have used a FL-8 for probably 10 years and haven't had any issues though.  Only reason I'm not using it this year again is because I bought a Helix 7.
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:25 PM »
I have had the fl-12 for 3 years now and it works great. Looking to upgrade to the fl-18 only because of the bottom zoom feature.
 :tipup:
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2018, 04:51 PM »
If you can swing it, I would get at least a FL-18.  The zoom feature is fantastic.  I don't think the 12 has zoom.  I have used a FL-8 for probably 10 years and haven't had any issues though.  Only reason I'm not using it this year again is because I bought a Helix 7.

Bingo......bottom zoom is that big a deal. I sold my fl8 to upgrade to an 18 to get zoom. Would never by a unit without zoom. I use zoom all the time.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2018, 08:15 PM »
Thanks for all the input did not realize zoom was that great still have some time before ice in think I'll hold off right now and just get the 18 seems like I won't be disappointed. This sites great!!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Thanks for all the input did not realize zoom was that great still have some time before ice in think I'll hold off right now and just get the 18 seems like I won't be disappointed. This sites great!!

When walleye fishing it seperates the bottom huggers big time. Also if u put on digital depth it really helps you decipher the bottom huggers.

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2018, 09:12 PM »
If you are thinking about an FL-18 right from Vexlar's refurbished you might think about getting it sooner than later. It will get in hot demand in November. I have bought probably 8 or 9 of them refurbished, for company prizes. I have never had a single problem with any of them. Tight Lines HH

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2018, 10:28 PM »

I bought 2 refurbished unit the fl8 was about  20 years when iit was sold and the 18 was 12 both still in good working order

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2018, 05:04 AM »
I know your looking at vex, but have you considered other options in your price range. I personally prefer the graph display with vertical amplitude scope (the same as the flasher dial) over the just flasher dial. Graphs show history so if a fish swims right through you’ll see it on the screen even if you didn’t see it as it happened. I’ve used my lowrance ice pack for the last three years and have great results, using the zoom feature in 125fow was awesome.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Not sure if I'm supposed to do this...moderators...pl ease remove if necessary. This was on the Facebook page of "West Michigans Fish Report" as of this morning:

For sale: Vexilar fl18 pro pack. Digital battery indicator tackle box 12° ice ducer. Original owner. Everything works perfect $325 obo
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2018, 07:24 AM »
Not sure if I'm supposed to do this...moderators...pl ease remove if necessary. This was on the Facebook page of "West Michigans Fish Report" as of this morning:

For sale: Vexilar fl18 pro pack. Digital battery indicator tackle box 12° ice ducer. Original owner. Everything works perfect $325 obo

If you keep your eyes open on Facebook, Craigslist and E-Bay you should be able to find multiple deals similar to this or even slightly better. I bought an 18 for $275 on EBay, another 18 along with a 1 man Clam Shanty for $300 and a 20 for 200 off of Craiglist
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Ystorm1108

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:03 AM »
if you want all the bang go for the FLX-28, the two zoom features bottom 6' and bottom 12' and the led screen and interchangeable 5 colors you can choose from are really nice then just having 3 color spectrums but up to 5(red, white, green, yellow, blue), and being able to tell the size of the fish with the more color spectrums. I bought one last year and I used that and caught more fish then I would just running traps or just regular jigging. it'll change your fishing game all together buying the FLX-28.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:19 AM »

They all will improve your game

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Humminbird ice 35 on Amazon $225.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum