Author Topic: New electronics  (Read 1093 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New electronics
« on: Aug 06, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Looking at this unit. Anyone using this for ice fishing? Hoping its as good or better than my elite 4x ice machine.
https://lowrance.navico.local/lowrance/series/hook2/hook2-4x-gps-all-season-pack/
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New electronics
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Link wont work. Its the hook 2 4x with the ice transducer.
Salmonemia

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2018, 06:02 AM »
I haven’t been able to tell a difference between the Hook 2 line and the Elite lines, besides the orientation of the screen. I just assumed they were basically the same units, rebranded. At the very least, it should be as good as your Elite 4x.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2018, 08:38 AM »
I haven’t been able to tell a difference between the Hook 2 line and the Elite lines, besides the orientation of the screen. I just assumed they were basically the same units, rebranded. At the very least, it should be as good as your Elite 4x.
thanks yeah it seems to have more power too which is a plus.
Salmonemia

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2018, 08:44 AM »
 the hook 2 series were made to run pretty much on automatic.. way different machine than the original hook... I have a hook 2 9Ts on my boat... my only complaint thus far is it is too powerful to run on auto in shallow water( under 10') with a hard bottom( shell).. if I go to custom  mode ( it also has an ice fishing mode)  and slow the ping speed down it is fine... left on auto, the signals will jam the machine causing it to freeze.other than that the fish marking ability of this machine is outstanding..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2018, 09:40 PM »
Thanks Joe. I understand what you're saying. Appreciate the feedback.  Might be shopping for my Christmas present soon.
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.