Author Topic: Irish Setter Snow Claw XT  (Read 680 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Irish Setter Snow Claw XT
« on: Jul 23, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Irish Setter Snow Claw

I have an Irish Setter insulated hunting boots that I've used for way too long, easily over ten years that I really like for comfort and performance.  It wasn't a winter boot for the use of ice fishing at all, but it got used for it.  Now older, my feet do get cold, even from just sitting there.  Figure I get new boots.  So I took a stretch on got these Irish Setter Snow Claw in size 11 wide with 2000 grams of insulation.  As since I am beginning to use thick winter wool socks, so I up my shoe size by one for that.

When the boots came in and sock tested it right away, I found that it was spacious inside that I probably didn't need to up size by one.  I could have just order the size 10 and be just fine.  I also went into the truck and try driving with the footwear.  Awesome, I can drive without depressing both gas and brake pedal at once.  The Snow Claw are now my go to winter boots now even though it's actually just hunting boots.

Although my seasonal use is rather light.  I am thoroughly impressed with the footwear and used the boots exclusively with the Hillsound Trail Crampon Pro.  Very good performance and like perfect ankle support stability while towing the sled full of gear both going down and up hills.  My only wish now is a bigger sled, since I got that Eskimo 949i that's a bit longer than my current Jet Sled XL.  I see no problems with the performance of the boot along with the Hillsound Trail Crampon Pro.

I used it in temps up to -15 F.  Walking and towing sled no problems with feeling anything cold.

It's a great boot.  I would definitely recommend it.  Seems like it is no longer made.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Irish Setter Snow Claw XT
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2018, 05:28 PM »
I’ve added this boot to my watch list, but I’m going to be honest, I’m concerned about water resistance after some mileage.  No rubber duck bottoms...   I’ll post them if I see a deal.  Update and let us know how they’re working for you.  They def look more like a cold weather hunting boot than an ice boot for slush and slop.

Thanks,

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Irish Setter Snow Claw XT
« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Like all cloth material, I don't expect the water resistance to there unless silicone spray treated after some time.  Based off of the old hunting boots that were water resistance, I had been treating it with silicone spray after some years when I begun to notice that water was not beading off the cloth material.

I treat the leather to Snow Seal.  I've used Snow Seal on my all leather Matterhorn boots and walked all day through slush and was 100% water proof like rubber.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.