Author Topic: Good Time to Upgrade to Panoptix  (Read 2618 times)

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good Time to Upgrade to Panoptix
« on: Jul 19, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Since Garmin has announced the Livescope Panoptix. The prices on the first generation used Panoptix transducers are falling to about a 1/3 of their original prices. These include the PS 30 , PS 31 , PS 21 and PS 22.

Just seen a PS 30 sell for 450.00 Lots of owners wanting to upgrade to the livescope. If you are not familiar with Panoptix. Study the online videos on ice fishing using it.

Any of the above named Panoptix transducers will make finding fish easier. The PS 22 would be my prime choice. As it does both down and forward view depending on position of the pivot point.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good Time to Upgrade to Panoptix
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2018, 09:34 AM »
New or used prices and where??

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Used prices guys that are anxious to upgrade to the Livescope. Have been dumping some of their present Panoptix systems.

bass boat central under their electronics forum. Scroll all the way down to the for sale forums

http://www.bbcboards.net/
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline tjacob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Since Garmin has announced the Livescope Panoptix. The prices on the first generation used Panoptix transducers are falling to about a 1/3 of their original prices. These include the PS 30 , PS 31 , PS 21 and PS 22.

Just seen a PS 30 sell for 450.00 Lots of owners wanting to upgrade to the livescope. If you are not familiar with Panoptix. Study the online videos on ice fishing using it.

Any of the above named Panoptix transducers will make finding fish easier. The PS 22 would be my prime choice. As it does both down and forward view depending on position of the pivot point.
Trick question right? I would say it depends what you want to get out of the unit. I started with the Striker 7 because of side imaging. Then Garmin introduces Panoptix so of course I had to have one, but needed to upgrade to EchoMap. The best Panoptix Transducer for me was the PS 21 because it mounted on the trolling motor. The 21 was great for forward only, so the next year with the introduction of the PS 22 again I had to have it for ice fishing. It also works great and the down view has been a great asset. Now Livescope comes along and my EchoMap will not work with Livescope. Now I need a plus model. I can't keep up anymore so will wait for the dust to settle before further upgrades. According a local sporting goods dealer there will be some exciting advances released before ice season, so again I say it depends on what you expect to get out of your unit. My next unit will be an EchoMap plus cv unit, because with Panoptix I don't need side imaging. My 2. 

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Once the ice package with the LiveScope come out I’m going to get it. I’ll be using the same setup for open water too, just have to get something to clamp the transducer stick to my boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.