Author Topic: Overtons issues?  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Double_J

• IceShanty Rookie
Overtons issues?
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Has anyone had problems ordering from Overtons?

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Overtons issues?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:41 PM »
Asking that question around here is like asking if the sky is blue, lol. 

I placed an order through the new gander site during one of their recent promotions and had no problems.  Never had a problem when ordering through overtons either. 

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:08 PM »
I ordered a LX-6 at the end of last season from Overtons on line and received it 4 days. No problems here.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:21 PM »
Ordered some Clam items and some Striker Ice items early January...one Clam item shipped/delivered was advised other Clam items were on back ordered...NOW the Striker Ice item...was told some computer glitch which as of today was still not fixed .I had no problem with Gander or Overton prior to the bankruptcy/acquisition .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:16 PM »
After the previous season's issues, I'll not bother with ordering from them even if it's 90% off. It's not worth the irritation to " maybe" save a few $$$. Others may disagree.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2018, 03:23 AM »
The only issue I had was that they cancelled my wife's order of 2 tip ups because they were out of stock. I called in and they placed another order for a different tip up that was in stock and applied the $25 coupon code to that order.  I've gotten 2 tip ups, 2 clam jig boxes, 1 clam spoon box, and 1 Rapala for about $20 out of pocket. Hard to beat that.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Still waiting on shipping/cancellation from the last promo. BTW my total wasn't $0 like some, but still am not setting very high expectations.

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:58 AM »
 I used a promo and ordered some Clam stuff from them on Saturday Jan 13th. They were shipped directly from Clam and I had them by the end of the following week. (19th)  E-Mail communication lagged a bit, as to when the items actually shipped.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:47 PM »
Not overton's but gander (same junk imo). Here is what they sent me regarding my otter sled order today instead of a shipping confirmation which they told me was coming today the latest when I called Monday. I did tell Otter it shines a really bad light on them and they seemed to agree. Neither otter or gander we're going to do anything, in fact they both told me there isn't anything either could do. Go figure.

We sincerely apologize, but unfortunately your order has been delayed with the vendor. Unfortunately due to a system issue we are unable to process the orders with this particular vendor. We have our team working on this to get it resolved as soon as possible. At this time we do not have an ETA for a resolution. We will be contacting all of our customers once a resolution has been made. If you want to cancel you may do so at anytime until the item ships. For any other questions or concerns please call customer service at 1-800-334-6541.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:59 PM »

We sincerely apologize, but unfortunately your order has been delayed with the vendor. Unfortunately due to a system issue we are unable to process the orders with this particular vendor. We have our team working on this to get it resolved as soon as possible. At this time we do not have an ETA for a resolution. We will be contacting all of our customers once a resolution has been made. If you want to cancel you may do so at anytime until the item ships. For any other questions or concerns please call customer service at 1-800-334-6541.

Yep same Email Overton sent me ...while in the several chat sessions I had with them ...I was offered numerous times that I could cancel ...seemed like a hard sell to cancel thought that bizarre.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:13 PM »
I think I will never consider ordering from one of their businesses again. Certainly not at full price, I'll only take a gamble when they run these $25 off $25 promos and only order things that fit in a small envelope I guess. It baffles me that so many guys got ammo shipped basically free, but orders where the total didn't end up less than a dollar get screwed.

Offline Fishwacker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:27 AM »
I got lucky. Ordered a G2 Helix 7 chirp GPS for 90$ off Saturday and got the shipping notification Wednesday. Hope they packed the correct model. It’s not over yet till it’s in my hands! 

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:51 PM »
I got lucky. Ordered a G2 Helix 7 chirp GPS for 90$ off Saturday and got the shipping notification Wednesday. Hope they packed the correct model. It’s not over yet till it’s in my hands!

They told me today they have every intention to ship. I feel like with all the time I have put into this has by now been worth more than the possible savings....

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:39 PM »
I got in on the overtones $25 off $25. I ordered two spools of clam Frost fluorocarbon ice line and a pack of 4" strike king tubes. My total came to .07 cents! It took a week or two and I never received a shipping confirmation but lo and behold my flouro came in the mail. When I called about my tubes they said they were back ordered 2 or 3 weeks. That was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Today I received an email stating.

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, there is an issue with your recent order that is shipping directly from our vendor. We are working on getting this corrected, but at this time your order has not processed.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  We will pass along any new information regarding your order as we have it.  Again, we apologize for any trouble this has caused for you.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-334-6541. Again, thank you for choosing Overton’s. Enjoy your day

It's very vague and I have no idea the status of my tubes but I don't care to be honest! I have no intention of doing business with this company in the future, the deal was just too good to pass up.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:55 PM »
I received the same email as Sandcountrylivin.  Ordered an Ion X ice auger the beginning of January at 20% off.  This is simply ridiculous.  I called last week and they told me they would call me back.  Never did.  I hope that Camping World/Overtons/Gander Outdoors are reading these threads.   They have lost my business for good.  Terrible online sales and terrible customer service.  Can't believe they are still in business.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2018, 06:24 AM »
I received the same email as Sandcountrylivin.  Ordered an Ion X ice auger the beginning of January at 20% off.  This is simply ridiculous.  I called last week and they told me they would call me back.  Never did.  I hope that Camping World/Overtons/Gander Outdoors are reading these threads.   They have lost my business for good.  Terrible online sales and terrible customer service.  Can't believe they are still in business.

It sounds like a major shoot and miss. Horrible I know, but if you get lucky you can score a good deal. If you want the item, buy it somewhere else.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2018, 07:16 AM »
I got the same email today.. generic "we have no clue when your item will ship"  sounds like theyre backing out of all the dicounted orders....pretty sad.  Wont ever do business with them again.

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2018, 11:11 AM »
*this is gander outdoors not Overton

I thought that I lucked out with no problems but for the same email as everyone else.

Thank you for your recent order with Gander Outdoors. Unfortunately, there is an issue with your item that is shipping directly from our vendor. We are working on getting this corrected, but at this time your order has not processed.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  We will pass along any new information regarding your order as we have it.  Again, we apologize for any trouble this has caused for you.

I have no idea which item it is because I got one package from Eskimo already and a shipping date for what I thought was the rest.

I am not sure which products shipped and didn’t but I was charged for the full order. My original scheduled date to receive was Monday and then it was Saturday. I just checked and it’s back to Monday.

Overtons/gander are not getting a very good reputation right now.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:04 PM »
I will not be canceling my order, but if I do not hear back from them I will use a chargeback with my credit card. Their failure isn't my problem. I am sick of their stupid lies. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to reach out to the vendors. If they overshot with some coupons and are taking a hit, just cancel the order, but to jerk us around like this is just junk. Amazon's customer service can eat these guys for breakfast.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Got a question for all Overtons people. Have any of you ordered something, then canceled it and then still got it delivered?
<===Lefty===

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Yes I had that happen, they would not take it back, luckily I had a guy looking for a clam plate so he bought it. They were very adamant that it was not cancelled, 2 days after I cancelled they shipped after about 2 weeks! Will not deal with them again, I asked if they were out of stock and they said no shipping from manufacturer. Last order from me !!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Yes I had that happen, they would not take it back, luckily I had a guy looking for a clam plate so he bought it. They were very adamant that it was not cancelled, 2 days after I cancelled they shipped after about 2 weeks! Will not deal with them again, I asked if they were out of stock and they said no shipping from manufacturer. Last order from me !!
Did they ever reimburse your money or did it just get taken out and they said they can't cancel it? What I am asking is. :Did you call and cancel it and they said OK they would but never reimbursed your money?
<===Lefty===

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:42 AM »
They said it was cancelled and I even got return shipping labels about a week after the package came. I would have pursued it but buddy bought it. They charged my card, I did get package, after 2 week runaround, and numerous calls to them. When I got the shipping labels that told me it was cancelled, but I got a e mail saying my order was not cancelled !!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Good to hear you had someone to sell it to.
<===Lefty===

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 27, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Otherwise I would have been pissed !!

Offline balmoral

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 30, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Poor execution and falsehoods from Overton’s. Ordered a striker jacket the firat week of January for what I thought was a very good deal. After several calls and emails to customer service, I finally got an email today that they had cancelled my order because Striker had run out of my size.

After I complained that they never had any intention of selling the coat for the price listed on their website. They offered a different (lesser) jacket for full price.

I will never buy another itetm from this or any affiliated website/operation.

Caveat Emptor. If it looks too good to be true it probably is. (or is from Overton’s so you won't end up getting it anyway.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 30, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Still waiting for my sled. I was told today that all their billing issues were solved and I should receive the sled before this weekend. Yet no shipping confirmation....keepin g fingers crossed.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Still waiting for my sled. I was told today that all their billing issues were solved and I should receive the sled before this weekend. Yet no shipping confirmation....keepin g fingers crossed.

I have an order in limbo since the beginning of January  ..."but the billing issues were solved" line is a new one ..just waiting .

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Just got a tracking number. Looks like delivery tomorrow. So, after pulling hair and nails I suppose I can say I got a deal.....but the time invested chasing it down was hardly worth the $25 in savings....oh well

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Jan 31, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Just got off the Chat from Overtons ...and they chatted that I should receive a tracking number from Striker Ice by this time Friday ...my other Clam Corp items are currently backordered ...but they will check status and Email me back . My order was place on January 6th ..hoping others get notification soon as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.