The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Crown point 1/23  (Read 754 times)

Offline Hideebeez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Crown point 1/23
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:20 PM »
So today I decided to chase lakers and whites in addison. After arriving at 8am I looked at the yet again openshoreline by the boat ramp.  It was raining moderately but I walked over to the rocks and walked on cautiously.

Spudding as I walked out into 46fow.  I set up and dropped my lines in.  White tube for lakers and a small jigging rap for perch.  I immediately marked fish and knew they were whites suspended at 25 feet.  But no takers on anything. I also had two chasers on the tube but again nothing.

Confused I dropped the camera in and low and behold the water was very very turbid and the current was flowing swiftly.   
After prodding around outside with the vexilar.  Knowing I was on 10 inches of ice I marked very little thru the ice.  However about 100 yards on the vermont side of the red bouy. I felt the worst feeling. The ice went crunch and I could feel it bending under me.  I very quickly walked back to the shanty and said nope. 

There was another guy fishing right on the bouy and he said he only caught a few yellows.  I moved into 30 fow and caught a couple yellows but the current was moving my jig so far north my vex couldnt see it!   It was soggy it was slow. Overall a yucky day. At least however I made it to shore safely! 
I was off the ice at 230 pm

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Crown point 1/23
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:07 PM »
That’s a bummer. We had no luck on Saturday and the current was blasting south. Water was really clear at least on the surface. Never seen whites with lockjaw like that before.

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:11 PM »
You think the shoreline will be locked back up by Friday?  Temps look favorable Wed night thru at least Friday
Jig em up!

Offline Hideebeez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:21 PM »
I would think so. These warm days are really pounding the piss out of this ice

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2018, 11:21 AM »
You think the shoreline will be locked back up by Friday?  Temps look favorable Wed night thru at least Friday

Fingers Crossed for Sunday CUB!
Chasing Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.