The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St. Catherine Report  (Read 1332 times)

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
St. Catherine Report
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:11 AM »
We headed for St. Catherine this weekend, trying to get into some Browns.  Two of our normal spots have way too much activity on them, so we moved on to another area to try.  I had two spots I was deciding on, and I chose the wrong one....

No brownies, but my youngest had a blast catching pike, and my daughter skated for hours, so I won the day anyway.  I did hear of a couple Poultney boys getting into some decent browns, but haven't seen any pics yet to confirm.  Anyone else have any luck there last weekend?

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: St. Catherine Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:48 AM »
A friend and I tried st Catherine Sunday for the first time ever.  We had a couple tips on where to head.  When we got to the lake at 630 it was elbow to elbow so we tried a random spot and didn’t have any action.   Bomoseen was swarmed on Saturday. I can’t believe I’m saying this but after seeing the insane amount of folks fishing vt this weekend I’ll stay home and fish lake George to get away from people.
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:51 AM »
Congrats Pete - that boys smile says it all. Perfect weekend to get the kids out there.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Great report Pete! Glad the kids had a blast that's what its all about  :tipup:

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:35 AM »
A friend and I tried st Catherine Sunday for the first time ever.  We had a couple tips on where to head.  When we got to the lake at 630 it was elbow to elbow so we tried a random spot and didn’t have any action.   Bomoseen was swarmed on Saturday. I can’t believe I’m saying this but after seeing the insane amount of folks fishing vt this weekend I’ll stay home and fish lake George to get away from people.

Yeah, that was as busy as I've seen it on a non-derby day for sure. 

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Congrats Pete - that boys smile says it all. Perfect weekend to get the kids out there.

The contrast between his smile and his sour-faced trout-bum brother in back makes me laugh every time....

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Yeah, that was as busy as I've seen it on a non-derby day for sure.

It was just a crazy busy couple of days with the gorgeous weather and it being opening weekend. Sunday morning was the most pleasant weather You could ask for. 

Offline Fishingwithmyboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:13 AM »
I see a familiar face from the Poultney area in that photo, BD on the right.  Anyway, we got a late start at St. Catherine on Sunday after seeing pictures of some massive browns taken the day before.  The ice was good but no action where we were, near the state park southern boat ramp.  I didn't see much going on for the couple hours we were there. 

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:26 AM »
I see a familiar face from the Poultney area in that photo, BD on the right.  Anyway, we got a late start at St. Catherine on Sunday after seeing pictures of some massive browns taken the day before.  The ice was good but no action where we were, near the state park southern boat ramp.  I didn't see much going on for the couple hours we were there.

Yup, BD and I are cousins.  We didn't fish Sunday, but I talked to the people set up to our north and to our south, and nothing but pike for them.

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Hey Fishingwithmyboy, did you send me a note on twitter?  If so, yes, you I'm the same guy....but I also fumble with my smartphone constantly and deleted your message. 

Offline Fishingwithmyboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:43 AM »
No sir I did not.  I don't have a twitter account. 

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Hey Fishingwithmyboy, did you send me a note on twitter?  If so, yes, you I'm the same guy....but I also fumble with my smartphone constantly and deleted your message.

That would be me that sent you the message. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.