New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: East shore bait and tackle  (Read 1137 times)

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
East shore bait and tackle
« on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:46 PM »

I got charged 15 bucks for these buckeyes.  Is there a huge shortage forcing the price skyrocketing?  I'm done with east shore bait and tackle ridiculous to charge that much for that size and quantity.  RIDICULOUS !!!!!   The girl said they were large buckeyes .....do these look like large buckeyes?  They lost my business......if you go take a look and don't get scammed like I did.  No wonder why they don't advertise their bait prices. 

Offline Rickr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: East shore bait and tackle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Somebody screwed up some wheres

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Did you end up catching anything ? .. lol .. that bait thing seemed to monopolize your day .. personally .. I'd let it go .. life's (not bait) too short ..
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:31 AM »

I got charged 15 bucks for these buckeyes.  Is there a huge shortage forcing the price skyrocketing?  I'm done with east shore bait and tackle ridiculous to charge that much for that size and quantity.  RIDICULOUS !!!!!   The girl said they were large buckeyes .....do these look like large buckeyes?  They lost my business......if you go take a look and don't get scammed like I did.  No wonder why they don't advertise their bait prices.

If you didn't like the product or the price, why'd you go ahead buying them anyway?  ???

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Caught fish.   I never looked at the pale until I was out at my fishing spot.  When I asked for 2 scoops I figured the container would have a good amount.  Anyways Apps is where I'll go.   Should have known. 

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Caught fish.   I never looked at the pale until I was out at my fishing spot.  When I asked for 2 scoops I figured the container would have a good amount.  Anyways Apps is where I'll go.   Should have known. 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:33 PM »
That sucks. Some look bigger than others in the bucket also. 

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:42 PM »
The people i am most tight with are IT, legal and HR at work, and my bait guy. This would never happen to me. I have my nose in the tanks making sure i am happy with the product

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Somebody screwed up some wheres
, sorry you had a bad experience, maybe you should have went back and discussed this issue in stead of trashing without finding out what may have happened , I have no problem trashing places but it’s after I’ve discussed it with the shop , store or what ever it maybe

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Good point F&R. They have always been fair to me, but I also look in the bucket to make sure, "that will do for the day".
Easy to make a mistake in the early AM hours.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Sometimes it's best to not hit "send"... but if we do and when the 15 mins are up, sometimes it also works best to hit the "remove" button ..
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:42 PM »
I agree with the other guys.  You should have taken this up with Ben.  I'll take the time to add this:  You were not charged $15.  They are $6 per scoop with tax you're at $13 and change just to be clear.  Those do look like large buckeyes.  Maybe in the flurry of activity they made a mistake.  That does not look like 2 scoops.  Either way blasting them on this forum is poor form. 

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:10 PM »
I have bought bait, tackle and call there for reports and they are always nice and informative and never an issue. Sounds like you should've paid more attention to what they put into the pail! I guess it's a good learning experience you won't soon forget.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:49 PM »
I’m certain in the waking hours of guys lined up to go fishing, it was a simple mistake. The guy complaining should learn to check the bait bucket before paying for bait. Beating on the folks at East Shore, on an open forum is pretty low. I have always found Ben and his staff, top notch!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:09 PM »
maybe just me but 2 things come to mind .............first I can't ever remembering any bait shop I didn't watch the  minnows going in the bucket and looking  and I can't believe a person so upset would not  at least  call or go back ....

2 scoops ...looks like 2 doz   ...you should stop back over and  let them know my bet is they make it right and then some
and icelab has always been a good guy on here ,my bet is a honest mistake happened

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.