The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: it's the beginning of the end  (Read 3092 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: it's the beginning of the end
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:01 PM »
Yea... So anyway. I heard the same thing February is supposed to be bitter !! FF.

Its looking that way!  I know my daughter is excited to fish LG with me after Mom landed a 30" laker last weekend!

Offline jjnunez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:21 PM »
There is no way I am going to drive 80 -100 miles each way to ice fish to the neglect of others that rely on me. 
If you’re single and free then yeah, you got ice.  That isnt reality for most of the participants of the activity. 

Skippy

You don't have to be single and free..
you could have turned 60 this year, raised 2 kids and put them through college,
watch them grow to be adults, one with his own family.
Then realize you DO have time to enjoy your lifelong passion.
I have friends who plan on sitting in the recliner, assuming this is how it should be.
Not me . I enjoy the exercise and life outdoor activities bring, wether its walking on a beach surfcasting or dragging a sled on the ice with my old Jiffy.
Not to get on my soapbox, but, raise your kids and set the example.
I plan on driving 100 miles each way to hit the ice on super sunday.
Then watch the game at my sons house.
Enjoy,
You wont be here forever.

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:45 PM »
Jj
We are in complete agreement and I plan on doing the same when I am free to do so. 

You took care of business by going to hockey games or driving to dance recitals or working overtime.  Now you have the time to do time consuming things to relax.   I hope to earn the same reward !!!!   

my kid is going to see me through the corner dasher for every one of his
games. 

There is also a set of guys that can juggle better than I.  God bless em!!!   I am not commenting on somebodies life I know ow nothing about

Offline Flatland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:12 PM »
As for the Debbie Downer thing:  I was not trying to knock the guy. I generally try to embrace the "power of positive thinking" outlook. No sense in getting distraught about things out of our control before they even happen.

I hate when things warm up, but then again in the last several years this has happened a bunch of times and we have still been walking on water afterwards.  Hell, I got out four times before New Year's this season. I call that pretty good. Everything else is gravy. There is plenty of other stuff to keep us busy if ice fishing is screwed for a couple weeks: Hockey, hoops, politics, beer. Relax and enjoy the ride

Offline Flatland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:16 PM »
And you have to admit watching the Dems' epic fail on the government shutdown was as entertaining as any day of chasing flags  :pinch: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Red15762

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:28 PM »
And you have to admit watching the Dems' epic fail on the government shutdown was as entertaining as any day of chasing flags  :pinch: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:57 PM »
I’ve never heard anyone take offense to the term Debbie Downer. Definitely a unisex friendly insult in my opinion. Lol

Offline REDGIANT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:28 PM »
I’ve never heard anyone take offense to the term Debbie Downer. Definitely a unisex friendly insult in my opinion. Lol

X's 2...harmless banter, haha
TIP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.