Author Topic: Underwater Camera  (Read 511 times)

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater Camera
« on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Good morning, looking for some help with the placement of my underwater camera.. this is my first year trying an underwater camera.. I have a two hole shanty.. do I put the camera down one of my holes and jig around it or do I add a third hole between the two for just the camera.. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Underwater Camera
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Water Clarity will have much to do with placement. With clear water and good light level, you can move it further away, stained closer. I know guys that place in a hole that is outside there shanty and use a remote to turn the camera.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:50 AM »
I would (and do) drill another hole a couple feet away to avoid (if possible) a fish tangling with the camera wire. I have a 2 hole shanty and the holes are roughly 9 ft apart and we drill a hole outside the shack for each camera. The visibility on Newfound has been spotty to say the least. Usually crystal clear but the rains of last week caused a lot of silt to be emptied into the lake from flood conditions in the rivers...We have bounced the house 3 times trying to find clearer water for the cams. The fish, however don't mind the silt and are there but harder to see.

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Mowbizz, thanks for the advice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.