Author Topic: Gilford  (Read 531 times)

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
Gilford
« on: Jan 20, 2018, 07:25 AM »
I am staying in gilford for a couple of days this week is it worth fishing close to the hotel or should I head to look at Alton bay or Meredith

Offline MFallon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gilford
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:41 AM »
You could get into some rainbows closer to shore and lakers if you can get out to deeper water (30-40'+). I haven't found any white perch on that side of the lake, yet!

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Thanks for the info I have fished gilford before and did well in 15 to 20 fow I caught a verity I like catching yel Perch but for some reason I tend to catch more lakers cusk and salmon “ I do not bring them through the hole but I still hook a bunch”
I may have caught a few bows but I am to fearful of taking them through the hole to tell
Would Meredith or Alton hold more perch

Offline haightdaddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2018, 02:12 PM »
I’ve caught a ton of yellow perch and other warm water species in smith cove in Gilford
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline rcwlogic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2018, 04:15 PM »
The last time I fished it I pushed out to 54ish fow I was trying for large lakers and caught squat for three or four days prior to that I fished 20ish fow and did well but few perch is it better to stay mobile rather than set up in a area it’s tough I only fish winni a few times a year and I rather be jiging than walking and punching holes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.