Author Topic: Apologies on the Nero auger  (Read 843 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Apologies on the Nero auger
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that in another post I had a bad experience with the Nero auger. I feel that any product should work with out any injury or need of instructions on how to run it at the bottom of the hole should be a non issue. I have had many and know how to slow down at the bottom. Anyway many on here like it and it works for them I'm glad it does! To each there own. I love my K Drill and some hate em. In short I like this site because you learn a lot. Just don't want hard feelings is all. I did call HT they said they plan on doing some mods to it next year and had a few issues as well but mostly great at least they are honest.  Thanks

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Apologies on the Nero auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:25 PM »
NO Apologies needed. I am just sorry I didn't put a warning about them after I twisted my Wrist. Didn't have as bad an experience as you did and glad of that. I did open an old hole today and it caught pretty good but I had the Aux handle attached to it and nothing happened to me. I will not try opening old holes again.
<===Lefty===

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:05 PM »
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say that in another post I had a bad experience with the Nero auger. I feel that any product should work with out any injury or need of instructions on how to run it at the bottom of the hole should be a non issue. I have had many and know how to slow down at the bottom. Anyway many on here like it and it works for them I'm glad it does! To each there own. I love my K Drill and some hate em. In short I like this site because you learn a lot. Just don't want hard feelings is all. I did call HT they said they plan on doing some mods to it next year and had a few issues as well but mostly great at least they are honest.  Thanks

Honest feed back.....nobody should be butt hurt over it.

Offline FreaknFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:57 PM »
What setting was your drill on? I run mine on 3 or 4. No downward pressure and it chews the ice up. If it catches the clutch kicks so no torqued wrists

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:16 PM »
What setting was your drill on? I run mine on 3 or 4. No downward pressure and it chews the ice up. If it catches the clutch kicks so no torqued wrists
Everyone says it should be in drill mode (drill bit symbol, no number) on speed 1....

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2018, 10:47 PM »
thanks for sharing. it wasn't easy to do when you got hurt over it i'm sure.
i agree that their aux handle on the bit is not a wise decision on nero's part at all. it makes people think you should use it when you should not.

maybe use the clutch until you get to know the system better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.