Author Topic: Northern NH Ice Fishing  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Gareth infinger

• IceShanty Rookie
Northern NH Ice Fishing
« on: Jan 19, 2018, 03:16 PM »
Hey guys!

Just moved to Berlin, NH and I'm looking for some spots to try out. Pretty much down for any fish. Mainly like setting up my five traps, then jigging with a rod. Used to shiners for bait.

Looking for tips and locations. Tried out Nay Pond in Milan with no luck. Thought about trying for Pike at Jericho but haven't committed yet.

Thanks guys!

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northern NH Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I’ve never had any luck at all on Jericho. I’m not saying don’t go there, but be prepared for the possibility of a long slow day.

My favorite pond in your area is Cedar Pond. Lots of yellow perch and pickerel, and it’s stocked with rainbow trout. The boat launch area is often plowed by fellow fisherman, and parking isn’t usually a problem.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:33 PM »
 :tipup: :tipup: Cedar Pond would be my go to place.   Lots of everything including small mouth and large mouth bass.  Perch fishing can be good!
Dick

Offline Gareth infinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2018, 12:57 PM »
That's in Milan right? I'll have to check it out. Bit if a craving for trout today

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2018, 01:38 PM »
 :tipup:  Milan it is.  Stocked rainbow trout might still have an urge to take Power Bait off the shoreline bottom?
Dick

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2018, 02:48 AM »
Christine lake
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:06 AM »
Christine lake

How is the road to Christine in the winter time? Is it plowed right to the launch? I’ve always imagined it would be a real bear getting up that road in the winter.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:54 AM »
How is the road to Christine in the winter time? Is it plowed right to the launch? I’ve always imagined it would be a real bear getting up that road in the winter.
It is plowed but I would want 4 wheel drive, small browns are the norm.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:58 AM »
Hey guys!

Just moved to Berlin, NH and I'm looking for some spots to try out. Pretty much down for any fish. Mainly like setting up my five traps, then jigging with a rod. Used to shiners for bait.

Looking for tips and locations. Tried out Nay Pond in Milan with no luck. Thought about trying for Pike at Jericho but haven't committed yet.

Thanks guys!

Another spot would be the waters right above Pontook dam on Rt 16 for perch/slime darts- IMHO I wouldn't waste my time at Jericho

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.