The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Jawjackers on Georgetown  (Read 1406 times)

Offline BonesJonesMT

• IceShanty Rookie
Jawjackers on Georgetown
« on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I've been strugging catching anything on my jawjacker at GT. While we've been catching rainbows on jigging poles, I haven't had a single strike on the jacker (5 or 6 trips). I have used the same small jigs, horiztonal and vertical, as we've been jigging(and catching) with in the ice house. I've tried using smaller bits of nightcrawler... But I haven't been losing bait or missing fish, just plain old haven't gotten much attention from the fish. I've tried corn on jigs, corn on a bait hook, and likewise with nightcrawlers. Ive tried right off the bottom, in the middle of the water column...no dice. Is it bad luck? Am I doing something wrong? I know folks have had some good luck...Just trying to find some of that  ???

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Jawjackers on Georgetown
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:49 AM »
seems like a moving presentation always attracts more fish at this lake....

Offline timberbutte

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2018, 11:17 AM »
In my experience, gtown rainbows are light biters. Can't tell you how many times I've had a fish barely make a small bobber twitch, only to set the hook into a cranky 20" bow. I've never used a jaw jacker, but maybe they aren't biting hard enough to trip it?

Offline BonesJonesMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 11:32 AM »
That could be, but I don't think that's completely it because I always have my bait in tact when I check periodically.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:26 PM »
when I fish g town.. I auger 3 holes in an upside down L formation..site hole.sonar in front and put back to right...never put fish back down your site hole..when I get started at first lite.. I sometimes drop a crawler dead stick down my put back hole cause viz aint so great...so I figure why not.. I see those trout on the sonar just sit on that dead stick all morning and never take it...usually have the same worm on that rod at the end of day....so I rarely ever deadstick at g town.. like m fish says..they seem to like some movement and rhythm to your presentation at g town...seems like these bows want a little dancing before they put out for dinner...

Offline icefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2018, 06:20 PM »
I usually don't even have time to jig if using the jaw jackers there. Constantly going off , but then again I haven't been up this year. I set mine really lite and go 6-7 ft below the ice  .. my buddy s always jigging though so maybe he's bringing them in for me

Offline Tim Wiediger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Dont know if this will help but we use jawjackers with forage minnow jig and two maggots about a foot off the bottom in about 10 - 15ft of water. Play around with colors but the rainbow pattern produces really well. GOOD LUCK.

Offline TooLucky406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:09 PM »
 They make a "jigging" Jaw Jacker! Lol!

Offline JIMBO5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:43 PM »
I use a pink or orange ice worm jig with a small piece of night crawler on my jawjacker and always catch fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.