Author Topic: Frabill 101 inline  (Read 589 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Frabill 101 inline
« on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Anyone using or have used one of these? Looking for reviews. Thanks
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Frabill 101 inline
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:00 AM »
My son uses one all the time. Basically a Schooley just hangs different. The only thing I don't like about them, is the line winds on from the bottom of the spool, kinda likes to get tangled when storing and moving.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:47 PM »
Yes, I don't use it that often.  It's a graphite spool and frame.  Get's the job done.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 01:29 PM »
I personally do not like it.the reel stem is so short.its nothing more than a small fly reel.in shallow water its alright, but takes forever to reel in a  fish in 20ft of water with the 1 to 1 gear ratio.i dislike any of the inlines ive used so far but the 101 ranks last on the ones  ive tried.it has a better drag than the eagle claw.no 8 cgi or the other frabill models.i would try a inline that had a quicker gear ratio if you plan on fishing anything deeper than 10ft.if you do a lot of pluckin gills from shallow water with a long rod without reeling its decent I guess.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:51 AM »
I have one and like it. Mine is the XLA model and came with two stems. I prefer the short one as it allows me to palm the reel. I tighten the drag when not in use to prevent my jig from coming loose from the hook keeper. I cut my teeth on a Schooley reel so taking a while for the jig to get down is not that big of a deal. I also tend to use it in shallower water of 15' or less. I also have a No 8 CGI and prefer the 101.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.