Author Topic: Worst purchase this season  (Read 23486 times)

Offline IceFishinJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Alcoholic
Re: Worst purchase this season
« Reply #60 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:20 PM »
Last year it was the Do-Jigger spoon by Bay De Noc. Its silver with a glow stripe on one edge, with a red flipper. (cant find one this color online, discontinued already?)

Havent caught a thing on it yet in 11 months. Looks cool though....

Those are walleye killers.

Offline Bout-Time

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Dec 18, 2015, 10:23 PM »
Those are walleye killers.

Well no walleye in Maine so maybe that explains why I havent caught anything on it yet. LOL
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 19, 2015, 12:39 AM »
any ice gear I bought  this season cause there is no ice!

Offline coyotebc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2015, 01:47 AM »
Frabil Straight Line 101XLA

A buddy got one the same time I did.  The spool handle broke off on BOTH within two weeks!  I'll be boxing mine and sending it back to Frabil, they can keep it.

It's not that I'm hard on reels, or new to this style.  I've got two clam spoolers, a crappie hunter(way too small), Pflueger Medalist fly reel, Cabelas plastic fly reel(model unknown, two Cabelas wind river fly reels.  Anyways, I've got a several, this is the only one that couldn't stand up to normal use. 

Also, the drag is absolute crap.  When you pull line out, it has a real rough feeling to it, and it just doesn't loosen up enough.  As stated, I've had many fly reels, and this one is particularly poor quality.
Shoot I just bought one and can't return it.
I hope that I have better luck

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 25, 2015, 10:13 PM »
I would have to say Mr Heater Big Buddy.

Offline Gatermouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 25, 2015, 10:45 PM »
I would have to say Mr Heater Big Buddy.

That's too bad....you might be the only one.

Offline Illini Outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 26, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Clam shanty light/fan for 20$, which fell from the ceiling of my Bigfoot 4000t and shattered on the ground.  :%$#!:
Were all here cause were not all there.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Dec 28, 2015, 01:28 PM »
Hmm, I haven't made any purchases this year other than a few more of my favorite jigs/plastics, and some line..

Last year I had a bad one, tony roach inline reel.. JUNK, good concept but bad product. Felt like I was using a $5 shakespeare reel, which is pretty much what it is. Rather use a shooley reel than that thing!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline yoopermjm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Two dozen crappie minnows. Fiddle around with them every day to keep them alive, usually dedicate one pole to a minnow. So far all the fish I've caught, crappies and otherwise have been on plastics and waxworms.

Offline dominicjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:07 PM »
     A new to me snowmobile for ice fishing after last year getting 4 wheeler stuck with all the snow we had !

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Wasn't recent but i bought a collapsable table from Clam and it didnt even last long enough to be setup.  The plastic clips smashed off when it was only -5C outside, and this was inside the popup.  Terrible product.

Offline IceSkak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 17, 2016, 05:14 PM »
Clam light fan combo.
That will be my last Clam purchase.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 17, 2016, 11:09 PM »
Clam light fan combo.
That will be my last Clam purchase.

I bought the clam hole light when it first came out that when I finally said no more calm products! I either threw it in the trash or mom might have donated it the salvation army not sure what I did with it?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Feb 19, 2016, 03:07 AM »
I followed the advice of someone else on this site and added a split washer between the drag wheel and the reel handle. When you tighten the reel handle back on do not crank it down tight, you wat the ssplit washer to be giving resistance but not fully closed. This will give you room to tighten and loosen the drag and the two will no longer lock up on each other changing your drag when you don't want it to. It is a 1-2c fix, i don't understand why they didn't add one to start.

How did that work for you?

Chute82

« Reply #74 on: Feb 19, 2016, 12:11 PM »
My buddy picked up these battery powered jigging tip ups new in package at a garage sale he payed $15 for 3.  We tried them out and they where the biggest pieces of garbage, stupid things hardly worked and fell apart during a day of fishing.  They where such junk we laughed about them all day.  There was a dumpster in the parking lot and that's where they went after we where done.  Nature vision jig ups if you want to look them up for a laugh.. Guess they came out 7-10 years ago but they are still lurking around garage sales

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #75 on: Nov 16, 2016, 01:25 PM »
Well no walleye in Maine so maybe that explains why I havent caught anything on it yet. LOL

Really no walleye in maine?
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Nov 16, 2016, 05:30 PM »
This would be from last year but it's definitely the worst piece of junk I've ever purchased.  The Clam fan/light.  I like to smoke cigars in my portable while I'm on the ice and that thing barely moves any air or puts out any light.  For $40 I was definitely disappointed.  After purchasing my Nanook thermal and loving it I was a Clam guy but the more products I buy from them the more disappointed I get. :-\

Offline Elrik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Nov 22, 2016, 02:05 PM »
How did that work for you?

Lol took most of a year, but I noticed this now >.>

Worked well for me, have been using it this way for some time now and it has stopped the drag accidentally changing 100%. I still prefer my frabbil 361, but it was a huge improvement on the eagle claw.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #78 on: Nov 23, 2016, 11:49 PM »

Ouch that's a double kick to the mid section

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
« Reply #79 on: Nov 24, 2016, 09:16 AM »
Aqua vu crt quad cam from craigslist.  I signed the receipt and turned around to look at it more.  While I was looking at it, they guy wrote "As is" on the receipt.  Didn't notice until later that week when I tried it out.

Called Aqua vu to see if I could get a new camera for it.  Nope, but they did have a refurbished lcd one that they would give me 150.00 off.  Bought it... LCD keeps going out periodically during the trip and you have to turn it back on.

Love the quad cam, just wish I could get one that worked perfectly.

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.