Author Topic: shanty idea  (Read 1876 times)

Offline whitebassbenny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fishing rules, let there be ice !!!!
shanty idea
« on: Feb 02, 2005, 01:22 PM »
my light shanty idea i came up with in school in math  ::). what do you all think about it?  so fare it is just an idea not even sure if i will ever make it . 

i don't know if the pic will work

pic did not work i'll try somehting diffrent now

Offline whitebassbenny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fishing rules, let there be ice !!!!
Re: shanty idea
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2005, 02:00 PM »

it would be like 5'6'' long and 4' wide

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Good start.  I'd advise against 2 x 2 runners though because it will plow snow bad.  Consider flipping the length and width dimensions around too if it is a perm type shack.  The wider base for the runners might make it so it doesn't blow over as easy.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline powderburns

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2005, 08:44 AM »
Basicaly the same as mine but I went for 6ft long,5ft high with a peaked roof, for some xtra head room. My side window is a lot smaller,6inx 36in. I just need to be able to see my tip-ups. I like to keep it as dark as possible inside, as I can see down the hole a lot better. i would nail on 2 more 2x2's to the runners, making them 2x6,make for easier pulling. Cut 2 length's of plywood or chip board, 2 fit between the runners. When you park it where you are going to fish, put them between the runners blocked with snow or slush from your holes to keep them in place. I drill my holes first, then slide my shack over them. This keeps the slush + slop out of yourshack. Also keeps from ramming your knuckles onthe walls if your holes are in the corners. Having the boards between the runners keeps out the wind + light.

Offline Mad_Ital

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • H.Pocus. tidly wink, all tipups come up in a blink
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I used that white wavy plastic roofing stuff for the roof. This allows lots of light in. We built it the same size as our trailer, 6X8. Using 2x2's for the frame and 1/2" plywood for walls. You have to stand to see out of the windows. We didnt figure the windows in when sitting down on the stools. Used 2x12's for skis. Youre gonna want distance between snow and the bottom or youll be shoveling every few feet. I also put plastic stripping on the bottom of the skis. 3 layers of Durock behind the wood stove. Ace hardware has a nice stove for about $120.00.

F.C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.