The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEK DERBY  (Read 1223 times)

Offline phishslayersbrother

• IceShanty Rookie
NEK DERBY
« on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Anybody fishing it starting tomorrow?

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
Re: NEK DERBY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:42 PM »
a few of us, o dark thirty until sunday!!! good luck to everyone. nek be ready :tipup:

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Neither ran or snow, will stop the, be all that you can be, me.  Good luck to all. ;D.  Bring a shovel and a tow chain.  Ha, ha.

Offline lennyvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2010, 02:24 PM »
can't go this year :'( :'(,everyone please keep me informed on what you got/pics. (I'm routin on the lunker coming from norton pond good luck everyone & be safe)

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Lenny

Got back around 9pm.  I am my nephews had alot of flags, but, the biggest of northern pike, 23". Tierd, going to bed.  Weather is a mix bag up here.  I had no problem driving on with my truck.  Waiting to see, what happens tomorrow. ;D

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Well went out to Carmi on friday, caught some nice perch, and a few Walleye, but alot had to go back down the hole, as there is a reg on the size you can keep.  I did catch a 23" Northern Pike which also went down the hole.  I also caught a 20" Walleye, on my jig pole, and I sent that back down the hole.  Alot of water on the ice.. ;D

Offline dend54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I got second for rainbow 4.24 pounds and 22.5 inches

Offline Browntown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2010, 05:19 PM »
dend54,

That is a great bow. What the story. How did you pick it up?

Congrats!!!

Offline dend54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:59 AM »
My cousin (Fishstalker) and I were set up at the mouth of the clyde river in newport. I parked my camper in the parking lot of a grocery store right on the edge of the water. It was sunday morning and we decided to walk into the store to get some bacon and eggs we were in there 2 or 3 minutes tops and when we came out we had a flag on our shallowest trap, I started to check it and it was tangled up on the bottom and the ling got all tangled around my feet so i handed the line to my cousin so I could un tangle myself and he could just snap it off, but he couldnt break the line so he just let it go and it started to pull line out, so my cousin pulled the line in and a tail came out of the hole it was a big rainbow tail. The lin e had wrapped all around the fish's head, body and fins so it came out backwards.

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Did anyone fish Lake Salem, during the Wrights Derby?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.