Author Topic: crappie candle  (Read 3917 times)

Offline wallyjr

• IceShanty Rookie
crappie candle
« on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:55 AM »
Just wondering if anybody has used these. Tell me goods or bads and just honest opinion.
God,guns, and guts made america free.

Offline ferrari175

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: crappie candle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009, 04:44 PM »
would like the same info

It is a PRIVILEGE to take any animals life not a right and that privilege comes with some responsibility a license to fish and hunt is a license to be a sportsman not a license to kill

Offline redbandit850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:29 AM »
was wondering how this worked myself.  Definetly looking into buying a couple and tryign them out this weekend.

Offline crappiman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:22 AM »
We believe they work just like all the other type lights except they thread onto the line and no extra hole to drill or extra light hanging below to tangle on.There is 0 draw on the battery running your other electronics and they are warrantied for a lifetime 100% so how can you go wrong if you want to attract fish to where you are fishing.When rigging these,do as the instructions say and thread onto the main line and use a smaller line dia.as a leader and your chance of losing it will be nearly 0.Today is the last day for member special of $12 for 2pk +$1.50 shipping to lower 48 so get yours today.

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Just ordered mine today, hope to have them by Saturday nite.  I will report back on them when I get them and try them out.  I know a light in the hole works, wonder if these are easier.  Love to fish crappie, so I thought I'd give 'em a try.  Worst thing is I'm out $15, no big deal.

Offline redbandit850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:19 AM »
just ordered mine as well.  We will see how they work.

Offline redbandit850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:11 PM »
got mine in today.  Ill let you all know how it works after this weekend.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:05 AM »
any word on how they work?
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Bill Collector Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The ice doesn't melt, it cries!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:01 AM »
No crappie with mine yet but they brought in a couple curious perch.... Had the camera down and it lit them right up, it was pretty neat. They are smaller then I originally expected but that kinda makes sense b/c they are supposed to go on your line.... They seem pretty good though

I just lowered it down on another pole.

-Bob

Offline redbandit850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:59 AM »
i forgot to bring them with me on my fishign trip this weekend!.....I could not believe I forgot them.  Hopefully I will have a report next weekend.

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2010, 05:18 PM »
tried the candle again last night...fish were hitting fairly agressive, I didn't like the added resistance on the line...the candle didn't seem to improve my odds, but I fish rather fast....my wife was fishing a little slower, she was doing okay, but I really do not see a gain with the candle...try it anyway, I'd like to hear others opinions....
It's all about Karma.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.