Author Topic: Some Really Impressive Numbers  (Read 3921 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Some Really Impressive Numbers
« on: Mar 16, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Total Topics: 18574      Total Posts: 225130       Total Members: 12425   

Pretty darned impressive....I remember celebrating 1000 members ;D

RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Some Really Impressive Numbers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Well, chalk up another post!  Man, you guys have put on a great site.  Thanks for keeping the trash out!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:18 PM »
You're welcome ;D
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Total Topics: 18574      Total Posts: 225130       Total Members: 12425   

Pretty darned impressive....I remember celebrating 1000 members ;D

RG

225,130 posts.  That's quite a bit!  I'd imagine around this time next year we should be close to 500,000.
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2006, 03:13 AM »
225,130 posts.  That's quite a bit!  I'd imagine around this time next year we should be close to 500,000.

im working on it!!  :P

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2006, 04:59 AM »
Thank you for the awesome site  ;D
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:35 AM »
im working on it!!  :P
I don't think he ment you yourself Scott :roflmao:
      Jim

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:19 AM »
I don't think he ment you yourself Scott :roflmao:
      Jim

Now that's funny ;D  Scott, I think that you have a goal in mind :roflmao: :clap:
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

camo_fish

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:45 AM »
5341 Billditrite, 7500 by next year, definitely not out of reach.  ;D  :o

Yes, this year was one banner year for the Shanty.  :clap: :thumbsup: And one h*ll of a tourney too. Some big #'s for next year to over-do.  :flex: But, I think we can do it.  ;)2

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:40 AM »
Unbelieveable!!!!! The shanty sure has grown in the last three years.
Thanks for the stats RG.

Offline vipercat64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Well, chalk up another post!  Man, you guys have put on a great site.  Thanks for keeping the trash out!

The reason I am always here, and check everyday is because they do such a good job of monitoring, and keeping out the trash and B***S**T. 

AWESOME!!!!!  :callcops: :clap: :clap: :clap: :callcops: :thumbsup: :woot: :bow: :bow: :callcops:
I love a flag!!!!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:58 AM »
I do love the site but would like to see several changes.

People who just lurk, never leave a post EVER?
A trend I have noticed in WNY is private site with similar construction to this site, not asking for that but if people are going to just take should they be allowed unlimited access?
The excessive arguing back and forth from some members. using multiple platforms.

Other than those I believe it is a great site with honest goals!

" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

MikeThePike

« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:27 AM »

Scott, If you have access to the info, just how many people are members with 0 posts?

I couldn't agree more about the lurkers but there is no way to stop them as its an open membership board. Wether we like it or not, they are here to stay. They get their accounts deleted over the summer when Scott does his maintnence and then the rejoin in the winter to steal more info. I've run into tons of them on the ice this winter. Guys who say they recognize me from the board but refuse to give out their user IDs. Kinda stupid if you ask me, if all you're going to do is steal info, don't introduce yourself to one of the guys making it available for you.

Before I get too into my real feelings on these people, and most likely get banned in the process, I'm going to just leave it at that.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 17, 2006, 11:14 AM »
One thing though about lurkers, not all are here to steal info.  We put the info out there for all to see that register.  But keep in mind that many of our members don't post for some time for many reasons.  Perhaps they don't feel that they are knowledgable yet to contribute or are afraid to ask stupid questions.  Perhaps they just aren't proficient in typing and it takes them all day to type a small paragraph but they still love the site and icefishing (I have a couple fishing buddies like that).  Some of these lurkers show up at our events and say that they don't post much but tell us how much they love the site.  And some lurk and enjoy the site for sometimes a long period of time before finally coming forth and posting regularly.  Perhaps they only had a few minutes each day to check (limited access to a PC for example).

Now, I'm sure that there are some that only have the goal of reading the reports with no intention of contributing, but that's the nature of free fishing forums.  My advice there is to be careful what you post if you don't want your hot spot taken over by lurkers!

Kevin Wilson

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get the gaf, I'm catching this one!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2006, 12:44 PM »
  Great site :clap: :thumbsup:

Very impressed with posts and topics that members contribute. Definately interesting to say the least.

JD
" I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anytime!"

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I do love the site but would like to see several changes.

A trend I have noticed in WNY is private site with similar construction to this site, not asking for that but if people are going to just take should they be allowed unlimited access?
The excessive arguing back and forth from some members. using multiple platforms.

Other than those I believe it is a great site with honest goals!

Geez guys, way to welcome newcomers to the site.  To all you newbees that are reading this forum, don't listen to these guys.  Feel free to "lurk".  But we would like to get to know ya sometime!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

MikeThePike

« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2006, 03:49 PM »
I don't mean it to the guys who just joined but rather to guys that have been signed up for months and never even made a single post yet. Even if you are not someone who can type quickly theres no reason why you can't atleast make an occasional post to say hi, thanks for the tip, info, ect.

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Why can't people in their profile put where they are from? What
do they have to hide?

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2006, 07:41 PM »
i have only been with this site since feb. but i post on everything that i know about or feel is important to the site and fellow members.

Great site guys keep up the good work ;D

TIGHT LINES ;)

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:05 PM »
I can see how some guys can take a while to get going.  Me myself, I probably made about 5 posts in the first month I was on this site...and then started posting a little more, and then went nuts.  In my profile it says 2.6 posts per day.  In the month of Feb and March, it's been more like 6.5 posts per day.
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:57 PM »
i've been here since feb. and my posts per day is 3.185 per day. i share what i know and gather others info ;D

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:20 PM »
I joined in Jan 06' and have .810 posts per day. This will be my 52nd post. I contribute when I can. My total numbers of posts don't mean much to me. There is a lot of information here along with selfless people. We are all after the same goal. To have a good and productive time on the ice. Since there are a wide variety of people here there will be some differences in opinions. Different fish for different folks require different tatics. Each day is as changing as the tide. Enjoy it while you can, next time it could be a LONG DAY............
      Kim  :tipup: :tipup: :whistle: :whistle: :clap: :thumbsup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JEBADIAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • R.I.P. JEB
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:47 PM »
you guys are being kinda hard on the lurkers, arent ya?!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #23 on: Mar 18, 2006, 06:55 PM »
well if it calls one lurker out, and gets one more person joining in the fun its worth it. nice to hear from ya JEBADIAH. ive noticed your name one here before because it my son-in-laws nick name. welcome to the nonlurkers club

Offline JEBADIAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • R.I.P. JEB
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:26 PM »
my story is this i have never been interested in computers .... ive loved ice fishing for the last 15 years its in my blood now and cant imagine living without it.i didnt know anything about this site until the guy who owns BOBBERS BAIT SHOP told me about it.
God Bless him. I've been lurking here since he told me about the site. This has been a bad year for ice fishing as we all sorely know. Next year is a new year and i'll be here
sharing info with you guys. i mainly fish Silver Lake and usually do pretty good on the perch there.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:55 PM »
I don't mean it to the guys who just joined but rather to guys that have been signed up for months and never even made a single post yet. Even if you are not someone who can type quickly theres no reason why you can't atleast make an occasional post to say hi, thanks for the tip, info, ect.

Yeah, Mike in a way I agree with ya.  I'd like to see them at least pop in, say hi or something.  But really, all are welcome even the "lurkers".  There are also a lot of folks that never join that check on this site often (but they can't read the reports, so even the rest of the site is cool to check out).  Many of those folks eventually join too.  The buddy I was telling you about is totally computer illiterate and only gets on here when his wife gets him here, LOL.  He doesn't post because he can't figure out how it works!  Yeah, it's easy to us, but to some it can be confusing.  You'd be surprised how many people click on the report to moderator button trying to post to a topic, no kidding! ;D  At some of our events, I've had people come up to me that are members that rarely post and thank us for what we do, all of us.  Think of your best posts being read (not fishing reports but tips, etc.) by the public and helping someone out.  They may not come back and thank you but I'd bet if they met you in person they would.  When we read one of those free fishing publications with the local reports (like in PA), we don't call them up and thank them for the info, do we?  Not a lot different here IMHO.  We can all have fun while the lurkers watch.  Just hope they are smiling, laughing and having fun reading our stuff.  If they are, then I'm OK with that.  Who knows, maybe some day they'll contribute.

There are a lot of folks that register and never post, probably a zillion reasons (forget password, etc.), and many of those accounts will get cleaned up some day.  Still, if you imagine every web forum having the same percentage of those types, we are doing pretty darned good!
Kevin Wilson

Offline yak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2006, 04:37 PM »
One thing though about lurkers, not all are here to steal info.  We put the info out there for all to see that register.  But keep in mind that many of our members don't post for some time for many reasons.  Perhaps they don't feel that they are knowledgable yet to contribute or are afraid to ask stupid questions.  Perhey just aren't proficient in typing and it takes them all day to type a small paragraph but they still love the site ahaps tnd icefishing (I have a couple fishing buddies like that).  Some of these lurkers show up at our events and say that they don't post much but tell us how much they love the site.  And some lurk and enjoy the site for sometimes a long period of time before finally coming forth and posting regularly.  Perhaps they only had a few minutes each day to check (limited access to a PC for example).

Now, I'm sure that there are some that only have the goal of reading the reports with no intention of contributing, but that's the nature of free fishing forums.  My advice there is to be careful what you post if you don't want your hot spot taken over by lurkers!

thats my excuse. cant type, new to the comp. but enjoy this site alot. great job

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Those are some really impressive numbers, and I'm sure that we can almost double that by next season!! See you all on MFF!
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2006, 01:45 AM »
Why can't people in their profile put where they are from? What
do they have to hide?
Seaweed01, Remember the show " the Fugitive" and the one armed bandit! 

Also  I had a buddy come by the house one day while I was on the Shanty. He was asking questions about how to post and I pointed out how many times people post and his respond about the people that allot of post was " those people need to fish more"

PIKEGUY

« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2006, 08:42 AM »
Keep in mind that not everyone is interested in a report on ice or fishing conditions. I can look all I want and never see anything about any waters that I fish. I'm not in a remote spot, just not many people on the site from my area :-\. (maybe 3 within 40 miles) I'm here for the fun and tips and to contribute when I can etc. It really isn't all about hotspots and such for everyone. (Although I'll admit I'm sure it is to some...ok...many ;))

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.