Author Topic: waxies....mousies shelf life/bulk  (Read 485 times)

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
waxies....mousies shelf life/bulk
« on: Nov 18, 2011, 09:25 AM »
 Do any of you guys buy waxies/mousies in bulk? Do you have a online site you like better than another. How long is the shelf life?
Thanks

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: waxies....mousies shelf life/bulk
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I buy from jada, waxies last about 3 months or so and spies last 6 months or so, if kept right.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Gillfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:48 AM »
I order from Vados, I keep the waxies near a window in the lower level, and the spikes are kept on the lowest shelf of the fridge where it is the coldest. I have about the same duration as BBK on keeping the bait in good condition. Me and my fishing buddy usually split an order of 500 waxies and 1000 spikes, his fridge wasn't cool enough and he lost his spikes in two weeks. Another thing if you do order bulk, don't dump your unused bait back in with the bulk, keep them separate.

Here is an Astronomy lesson - The world revolves around the sun, not you!

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2011, 11:20 AM »
I've been buying wax worms from Wholesale Bait the last few years. They are located in Hamilton,Ohio.  1000 generally gets me through a season. I'm going to try Jada this year because I noticed
they have free shipping. Just like the other posts,they keep about three months out of the fridge. Started buying them online because just about every store whether it's a bait shop or pet
store refrigerate them which slowly kills them. Couldn't help noticing the Chagrin Falls logo. Was born there. Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.