The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: VP Small engine Fuel 94  (Read 3830 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
VP Small engine Fuel 94
« on: Nov 20, 2012, 10:04 PM »
It's the real deal.  We spend a lot of money on our gear and toys...Treat them right. Your power auger deserves the best fuel there is.

Try a bottle of this stuff, then decide if it's money well spent.  I am convinced you will agree, its the best thing you can do for your auger...

94 octane, non-ethanol, pre-mixed so it's always perfectly mixed. 40:1, 50:1 or straight gas. One year shelf life opened, 2 years un-opened. Avoid the ethanol laced, stale fuel debacle.

Shoot me a PM, I'll tell you more.

Mike
www.perchassault.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: VP Small engine Fuel 94
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2012, 06:01 AM »
Has anyone used this product? Pros and cons? Lets here about it Mike:)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:18 AM »
My 12 year old Mag 2000 starts and runs better than new.  The few guys I have given some too were amazed. I know some of the guys on here bought some last year, so hopefully they will chime in.

Its less than a case of beer, so if it doesn't do all I say, you ain't out much, but I am telling you, it will make a huge difference, noticeable the second or third time you run it.  Starts are now almost automatic 2nd pull, and you don't have 2 minutes of bogging down and rough running before it finally can cut some holes...AND you can carry a one quart bottle with you at all times, no mix, no mess.

Emergency crews all over the US use it in the jaws of life and assorthed gas powered emergency equipment so it can sit and sit and sit, then start 1-2 pulls when you NEED it.

If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Where do you buy it at.

Offline Jberg440

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Where do you buy it at.

I checked their website and apparently there is not a dealer in MT?

http://www.vp-sef.com/index.php/find-a-dealer
The man banging on the door yelled "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms"... I just assumed it was more supplies.

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I might have to get  some in a 40/1 mix from ya.  Need to try it in a Jiffy auger I picked up as part of a deal last year.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2012, 12:27 PM »
Mike, just sent you a PM, sounds like some great stuff.  I've got an Eskimo that's been real rough running the last year, can't wait to give this a try.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Haven't pulled  my auger out yet but pretty sure my Strikemaster is 24:1. Are you mixing with any special type of oil, or can you use whatever and is there enough extra space in the bottle to add oil. Would like to try some. My Auger tends to be pretty stubborn when I start it up for the first time everyday, always starts and runs fine but would be nice to not have to fight it as much. Guessing you will have it with you when you come to Bozeman?

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Haven't pulled  my auger out yet but pretty sure my Strikemaster is 24:1. Are you mixing with any special type of oil, or can you use whatever and is there enough extra space in the bottle to add oil. Would like to try some. My Auger tends to be pretty stubborn when I start it up for the first time everyday, always starts and runs fine but would be nice to not have to fight it as much. Guessing you will have it with you when you come to Bozeman?

From their web site here: http://www.vp-sef.com/index.php/faq

17. What kind of oil do you use in VP Small Engine Fuels 50:1 and 40:1?
Currently, we use the highest quality synthetic oil on the market, which exceeds API TC and JASO FD and ISO-L-EGD lubrication standards. However, at VP we continually look to improve our fuels and oils. In racing you have to get better every race.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Sounds like we need a dealership or three in MT?

Offline MT204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2012, 03:19 PM »
I have tried to get someone from the company to get me (for my business) some info for the last 6-8 months, keep saying someone will call or contact me but never happens?? :-\

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2012, 05:46 PM »
 I am (as far as I know) the only dealer in MT, but I don't think they have me listed aon their web site...Might take them a year or two...I wore 'em down until I could get set up as a dealer.  They are not interested in 1-2 bottle retail sales to people, so it's not easy to order direct from them...

As for old 24:1 ratios, Strikemaster revised their requirements a few years back, nothing needs that rich a mixture. Almost every 2 cycle gas powered tool run either 40:1 or 50:1 ratios.  It comes PRE-MIXED gasoline and oil. Open bottle, pour bottle, start auger.

I will have this fuel in Great Falls, this coming Tuesday,as I head to St. Paul, Lewistown Dec 7th, Billings Dec 8th, Bozeman Dec 9th, Missoula the 10th...and parts in between as I travel.  PM me, tell me where you want to meet and I will get it to you.

I can ship UPS but it adds up...

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Excellent! Thank you, pm returned:)

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Am I correct in saying this cost $63.60 for 2 gallons of 2-cycle Pre-Mix  ??
I have a local station which sells ethanol free gas.. I'll mix my own, add some stabilizer / seafoam. 
Might be great stuff, but with the boat motor, weedeater, Auger, and snow thrower all using 50:1  there is very little need for storing my fuel for extended periods.   

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2012, 07:04 PM »
I've used Amsoil 100:1 and startron for a few years and have been impressed, but I'm a sucker, I love trying different stuff, can't wait to give it a whirl.

Offline tyrinnysaurus rex

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2012, 12:12 PM »
How do you PM on this site?  I want to talk to you PerchAssault to see when and if you will be coming through my area.  Maybe you could PM me?

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2012, 12:23 PM »
How do you PM on this site?  I want to talk to you PerchAssault to see when and if you will be coming through my area.  Maybe you could PM me?

Click on the person's name on the left side of the screen, then on the left side of the new screen there will be a spot to "Send Message".  Also, you might have to have 5 posts before you can PM...but not positive on that.
  BE THERE!

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2012, 02:33 PM »
30.00+ a gallon!?

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2012, 02:59 PM »
30.00+ a gallon!?

Yes, That was my question too.   I can mix a lot of two cycle gas for $30.   

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I run the high octane and the synthetic 2 cycle mix OPTI 2 that you can use in any mixture ratio engine,runs me about $5 a gallon.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #20 on: Nov 23, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Mix away folks!  I too have used non ethanol fuel, mixed with the Amsoil 100:1 and thought it was great!  I also spilled it filling my auger, knocked the can over in my truck, and ran out on the ice one day.

If I was burning 1-2 gallons a week or more, I agree, the price is prohibitive,  But the quality of the fuel, the convenience of always having with me, not having to mix, and knowing I will never have a fuel related issue...thats worth maybe a total of $40 for the ice season.

Like a lot of things, it ain't for everybody ;)

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Guess Im just lucky,haven't had a "fuel related issue" with my auger over the past 12 years using my OPTI 2 mix,trying to convince people they need to spend over $30 a gallon to run their augers is going to take some smooth talking. ::)

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 05:01 PM »
I use this in my chainsaws, log splitter, leaf blower, tiller and auger. Great stuff. Wish I could get a dealer to stock the 5 gallon cans.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.