The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: When did ice fishing get so serious  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Eye.Deprived

• IceShanty Rookie
When did ice fishing get so serious
« on: Feb 03, 2012, 02:51 AM »
Hey everybody i just was wondering why we all have to be at eachothers throats we all just wanna catch some fish right this whole hebgen fight and perch on ice fight is retarded i thought this site was for sharing ice reports and maybe bragging every once in a while i think the warm weather is getting to all of you  i think we should all go cool off on the ice  we could have our own tournament on whatever lake we want used to do it all the time in mn with a bunch of buddies 10 bucks a person two man teams most inches of fish won the pot every team picks a lake and you fish a new one every week good opportunity to learn more about new lakes  remember together we know everything about everywhere alone you are just drilling holes in the ice

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
Re: When did ice fishing get so serious
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:08 AM »
I think the problem is that there is no/little ice.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline wolfkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • take the old women she might be worth one donkey!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:14 AM »
i agree. this site should be for helping each other

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:25 AM »
+1

Offline Htech77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:31 AM »
You should track down the thread from last year about having dogs on the ice, It was a dooozy! ;)

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:47 AM »
That was quite the thread too Htech.........LOL

Like most social type sites this one will go through it's ups and downs.......take what you're looking for.....there's tons of information and great people on here.......let the rest of the BS go........

And yeah, I think the lack of fishing opportunity this year has people a little testy..........LOL.... ...It started last year with the large amount of snow, then the spring sucked with all the water, then the fishing sucked most of the year......so we're going on a year of bad conditions  and fishing..........good thing I shot alot of deer this year........:)

IceCreeper

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Its an internet forum,what did you expect? ::)

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:12 PM »
i do agree that we, myself included , should keep personal jabs to a minimum....and the site seems to be 90% along the lines of conditions and the daily reports that we all benefit from....i agree the perch on ice thread did indeed get "mentally challenged" at times..but i think the range of spectrum was well represented....i am sure some people were bothered with these issues for yrs..and finally had a chance to express themselves...maybe some of us learned something new on issues such as perch populations...taking eyeballs from keeper fish...the legality of such actions or just being aware of anothers point of view...the fact is...like the perch assault cheaters from 2 yrs ago, perch on ice...hebgen...these issues get addressed then it always comes back to what this site is about...catching fish and being safe....as ice fisherman we have a lot in common...most of us are the type to lend a helpng hand when needed....lets all get out there and get us some fish...the lunar calendar is lining up good for next week....lets rock em!!!!!!

Offline Htech77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:17 PM »
i do agree that we, myself included , should keep personal jabs to a minimum....and the site seems to be 90% along the lines of conditions and the daily reports that we all benefit from....i agree the perch on ice thread did indeed get "mentally challenged" at times..but i think the range of spectrum was well represented....i am sure some people were bothered with these issues for yrs..and finally had a chance to express themselves...maybe some of us learned something new on issues such as perch populations...taking eyeballs from keeper fish...the legality of such actions or just being aware of anothers point of view...the fact is...like the perch assault cheaters from 2 yrs ago, perch on ice...hebgen...these issues get addressed then it always comes back to what this site is about...catching fish and being safe....as ice fisherman we have a lot in common...most of us are the type to lend a helpng hand when needed....lets all get out there and get us some fish...the lunar calendar is lining up good for next week....lets rock em!!!!!!

Hell Yeah!! I'm fishing saturday and sunday and an overnighter next weekend. Gonna finish the season strong!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:18 PM »
When they invented short poles and ice augers.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2012, 01:20 AM »
This type of thing happens on every Internet forum. It's everyone's choice to read the bs and respond to it or ignore it. Speaking from my experience with this forum, IceShanty has much less bs than the other forums I'm on and the people seem to be more friendly. Probably why I spend so much time on this forum! As far as this years hard water fishing season goes, I've fished just as much if not more than last season. I've got no complaints with this forum or this years fishing season!!

Sent via iPad2

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:23 AM »
ROBBI  and what lake did you get all those deer!!! and what bait and jig did you use if you dont mind !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  pss. what pd. test also ..
Dreaming of a full bucket.

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:57 AM »
LOL..........can't say perchman.......we've been warned on this site not to reveal things that might be illegal.......LOL.... Only bait I used was a .243 caliber bullet.......seemed to draw them in and settle them right down........

Bullelk34

« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:23 PM »
ROBBI  and what lake did you get all those deer!!! and what bait and jig did you use if you dont mind !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  pss. what pd. test also ..

You didn't hear it from me, but he has a "lucky charm". I've met her....     ;D

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:52 PM »
LMAOO..........you are SO correct..........she'll be glad to hear that........

Offline mt.perchman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • big perch hunter !
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2012, 02:32 PM »
it sure helps to have one of those.  you are so right about this wonderful site i have allready been spanked a few times....  i guess some people cant see the forest caus the trees are in the way !!!!!!
Dreaming of a full bucket.

Offline clintonkee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:53 PM »

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:39 AM »
I go ice fishing, hunting, and open water fishing to enjoy nature, relax, and have fun.  I take it as it comes whether it's a good or bad day just fun to be out there and am very thankful that I can be.  I don't take it serious or have some quota for the day that must be met to make it a good day and if it ever got that way it would be just like having another job in my opinion.  As for the site I'm here to give and get help, always learning, and somethings I agree with and others I don't but I CHOOSE not to bash on the people who I don't agree with, it's my choice and it works for me.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions even if we're getting Political Correctness jammed down our throats and told we all should agree in the name of Politically Correctness.

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:44 AM »
That was an awesome story.........

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:55 AM »
That was an awesome story.........

I agree.  God bless those sportsmen!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Fantastic story.....that made my day to read that!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2012, 09:23 AM »
That right there is why these boards should exist, not to argue but to help from information to making sure we help out when something bad happens to another sportsman to getting kids started fishing and hunting on the right foot.

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2012, 01:02 PM »
couldnt agree more, members helping members, its a great thing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.