The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yellowstone Lake  (Read 822 times)

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yellowstone Lake
« on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Wouldn't it be sweet if the whole park wasn't closed to fishing during the winter and they opened up Yellowstone Lake to icefishing for lakers during the winter. With the no limit for em, it could be a fun day on the lake. I've heard that there are some springs around that would make the ice iffy in some places.

Offline TheGreenHornet

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Yellowstone Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Flew over it last february and there wasn't any ice on the lake with the exception of a few small bays.  I don't think you could even ice fish it with all the hot springs feeding into the lake from the caldron.

Offline Benjfire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2010, 07:34 AM »
I was in the park last year on opening day and looked like the whole thing was frozen. They want the lake trout out which will never happen, they ought of let everyone fish it if they want when they want

Offline fishawn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:45 AM »
They should sponsor some type of Mack Days tourny up there, but I'm afraid it will never happen with all the goverment red tape, but man that would be fun and help slim down the lake trout populations.
Fish Ninja

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Yeah, it would be fun. Yeah, they'll never get rid of them, but if they could be thinned out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.