Author Topic: Ice on Deep Creek  (Read 2310 times)

Offline adiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Ice on Deep Creek
« on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Hey Guy's, Just curious to see if anyone has been out on DeepCreek and how thick the ice has become? If so have you had any luck? I have not been able to get off work yet to go but I'll keep my fingers crossed! Go ahead and brag so I can say heck with the house payment and go fishing instead! Good luck to ya! 

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice on Deep Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:14 PM »
all is well on the ice as for tuesday i don't know what this snow will do for it .
the fish were biting off and on seemed tipups in the morning worked best but i have mine out most days that i'm there the whole time .
have caught some perch and walleye but never to many i couldn't packem home lol. don't want you to miss a house payment lol.

Scott

Offline Getthenet

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's all a part o' fishin, son.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:21 PM »
YO ADDIE,

Ice is great, fishing is great.  Good catches of wallys, perch, bluegill, pike.  tips and jigging.  4mm gold, red bead is the hot jig.  green fiskas, black spots is hot too.  DCL is front dependent, rising barometer and they get sniffy, steady or falling and hold on!!  Bait is tight-Bassin Box in LaVale, Deep Creek Outfitters ($5.00 for 12 med. shiners :o) Nicklows in Addison, PA is a bit of a ride but is a great bait and ice fishing store-great folks.  DCL State Park has plowed access but other areas are tight.  Good Luck!!
Got any Maggots?

Offline adiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:17 PM »
I 'm glad you guy's shared the intell! I hope you all have to make your holes bigger to get your walleye through. Even the perch! Stay warm and save the rest of us a few fish. haha.

Offline johnsaredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:54 AM »
I've been hoping for a 10lb perch. Hey, I can dream can't I? :thumbsup:
Ice fishing is no catch and release sport.

Offline icematt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2011, 10:47 AM »
I have had 10 lbs of perch every day so far this year. That's what I do!

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Ice is nice on DCL.  Measured 10 inches in one area and 14 inches in another.  Can you say ice until late march?  ;D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Rockfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Plenty of ice. Fished areas from down towards McHenry to past the 219 bridge around Bill's and consistently found 9-10 in of good ice. Too bad the fish were'nt cooperative. Seemed like it was slow for everyone I talked with and the poorest days I've had at DCL. Maybe further up towards the yacht club or turkey neck would be the ticket

Offline adiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Best of luck to all you guys who take the time update us who would like to be there but cannot get there just yet. My free time starts in two weeks but the ice gear is ready now. I enjoy reading the short updates. Soon it will be time to play!! Good luck.

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2011, 09:25 PM »
today the bite was rather slow to non exsistant i caught 2 and fished from 7 to 1 they looked at the jigs hard but no bite  but than again that might have just been me and my gear lol.

Scott

Offline adiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I was at Deep Creek on 2-19-11 fished all day and only two walleye 17 and 20 inches. One perch ~ 14 inches. Had a dozen or so flags but came up empty handed. No fish on any jigs either and did not mark any fish with my graph either. The perch hit after dark which shocked me. The ice was about 12 " thick when we arrived but after the warm temps and rain at the end of the day the ice was about 10" thick and slick. We walked out onto the lake with no problems but comming in we broke through at lakes edge.  Was considering returning on 2-26-11 to give her another try? Anyone have an ice update? I know the rain is comming and conditions will be questionable? Keep the faith!!!   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.