Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607722 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17880 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:43 PM »
Thanks O.S. it seems tullibee take up a lot of places at the extravaganza thought I better find out what they look like.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17881 on: Dec 10, 2019, 02:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A very mild 40* this am, high of 48 today with some rain showers expected throughout the day.

OG...wish I could be of some help. I know both species are in some of our NY waters (none locally here that I’m aware of) but I have never caught or targeted either.
  I-45...very good news on your wife and the Jeep! Sure wish they could get your meds straightened out, man. Best wishes sent your way!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...feeling much better today, thanks! Hope the shopping went well.   :thumbsup:
  H2... thanks for sharing the picture, wow, that’s a slammer!  :bow:  Safe travels today and best wishes to your wife with her appointment! Congrats to the team on another good night on the lanes!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...looking forward to the spearing season reports again, best of luck this year!   :clap:
  Jeff...snowshoes probably would have been the way to go, but quite honestly, I’ve never owned or wore a pair before. Thinking the rain and mild temps will help now, especially if starts getting colder this week.  :thumbsup:

We had a good day yesterday, especially for a Monday, lol. Running way behind again this morning, but The Cawfee’s brewing!   ;D
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17882 on: Dec 10, 2019, 04:55 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-5 with a -20 windchill this morning. Only a couple cooler days then the temps get back into the 20's by Thursday.

Eddie nice to read your Monday went well, best wishes for two in a row :thumbsup:

IW did you get the tree up ???

WW hope you were able to knock off the Christmas cards :thumbsup:

h2l safe travels to you and your wife. :thumbsup:

mr.clean hope you kicked the bug :thumbsup:

I am off to the bus stop to drop my wife. I may try to get the old spear house into the garage and spend some time on it.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17883 on: Dec 10, 2019, 05:10 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 45* here on my hill, it is strange that it's 5 * warmer up here than at Eddie's. ::)
                     Eddie...…..Are you guys still in the parking garage?
                     I-45...…….I was sure the dealer would put it in for you. :thumbsup: That's great that your wife is doing so well. :clap:
                     H2L...……..Your team is on fire this year, keep it up. :flex:
                     Marv...…...I see a cold blast coming your way, you should be on the ice in a couple of days! :woot: :bow:
                     OG...........I never heard of Tullibee but if they're anything like a Cisco, then they are good for bait. :blink:
                     Wally........I'm surprised that there were 2 trays left.  ???
                     I did a lot of running around yesterday, I needed to get some parts to hook up mu generator and I missed a couple of things.
             So today my wife and I both have Dr.'s appointments, I'll get them then.
                     I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on ice or still in the woods.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17884 on: Dec 10, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Morning all,

Just lost my post  :%$#!: :pinch: >:(

IW/H2L.....best wishes for good reports at all the different doctor appointments today, safe travels  ;)

WS.....sounds like the cold temps are getting you a little antsy  :icefish:  :woot:

Eddie.....maybe santa can bring you some snowshoes if you've been a good boy this year  ;)2  they sure make a walk easier when the snow gets deep

OG.....we have burbot in a local lake(Oneida), catch them ice fishing once in awhile  :icefish:  sadly between people leaving them on the ice to die and water temps warming due to things like zebra mussels, they say burbot numbers are on the decline   :(

It's 49*, almost all the snow is gone  @)  wrapping gifts is on the agenda today  :flex:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17885 on: Dec 10, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Good day yesterday's rain melted snow from building roof and i now see a mixture of bare ground and snow cover. Cloudy sky currently in the low fifties more rain coming later will change to snow overnight less then 1 inch forecast should make Wednesday morning commute a mess as snow will likely wet/slushy type. Thanks to all of you for the get well wishes doing much better still a little tired. Have to get moving on the Christmas time activities .
Icefisher-45 glad you could find the drive linkage for Jeep and dealer will install it for you. Sounds like the medication change is helping you get more slee put does little for the headaches. May your wife continue to see improvement with her blood sugar levels.
Capt.JIm good to read you are caught up on work. May events like the breakfast help your family get through this holiday season as all of you remember Melissa.
Ice Wanderer happy to hear no problems getting to NH. and back home with the pontoon. Best to the wife and you at the doctors today. may you find parts needed to hook up the generator.
Eddie are you trying to do weekly Sunday morning breakfasts with your mom. Best to you during muzzle loader season.
Hunts2long hope you and the wife had a good trip to NYC and are enjoying the party. Best to your wife with her doctor check up and safe travels home. Please pass my congratulations onto your nephew's friend very nice buck.
Wallyworld enjoy the break before you start holiday baking for the family. learned something did not know there are burbot in Oneida Lake.
Whopper Stopper your tree looks nice. May you be able to fix up the spearing shack so it gets you through this season.
Tom Turkey did the brush pile burn. It seems like there is always turmoil among organization boards or the board a certain group member/members.
IFF may Sportsman's Warehouse or some other outdoors product/sports retailer take over your store so what employees still remain retain their jobs. I wonder if anyone will take over the Gander Outdoors that is closing in my area.
Old Goat looking forward to seeing photos of your completed rod case project. . I believe the common name for burbot in the new England states is Cusk.
OldSailor don't think your wife will go for tree set up and decorating. :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Have a good Tuesday. Best to all hunting and fishing. Be cautious if heading onto early season ice.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17886 on: Dec 10, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, My wife is feeling better, Her sugars have been under 200. We took Mr Dickens to the lake and walked him around. It was very foggy and ice was thin.

Mr Clean, Hope you were able to do Christmas activities today.

WallyWorld, Hope you got all your wrapping done. This weather is crazy. Snow is melting here as well.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you and your wife’s appointments went well. Did you get the parts for the generator?

Whopper Stopper, Did you get a chance to work on your old spear house?

Mason Eddie, How is Angelo doing?

IFF, will you still have a job if sportman warehouse buys Gander?

I hope everyone had a good day and everyone had a good evening.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17887 on: Dec 11, 2019, 04:52 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 22* and mostly cloudy, my driveway is a sheet of ice this morning. I'll have to do some sanding first thing this morning. ::)
                            I-45...………Our Dr.'s appointment went well, all my test from the blood work were good, my Dr. was very happy with everything. :clap:
                  My wife appointment was with the oncologist, and that went well also, my wife will see the radiologist next week to start radiation therapy. :flex:
                            Steve......…I'm glad you're feeling better enough to get out. :thumbsup: We lost some snow but we have about 6" still covering the grass. :blink:
                            Wally...……..Yesterday was a good day to stay in to wrap Christmas gifts. :flex:
                            Marv...……..I saw on the news that you're going to get some good ice making temps. You should be able to get out in a couple of days. :clap: :thumbsup:
                  I'm jealous! :blink:
                             Eddie.......How is this weather changing affecting your work? ???
                             Today I hope to finish hooking up the generator, I have a 10 circuit transfer switch to wire in.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out still hunting or on some ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17888 on: Dec 11, 2019, 05:28 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-2 currently with a windchill of -18. The clouds moved in overnight and they helped to keep the temps warmer than expected. Just north about 50 miles it's -25 actual temp.

IW good to read all was well with your tests :thumbsup: Not sure yet on the fishing, I may hold off a couple extra days. Two different lakes had houses go down so the ice is sketchy at best.

WW hope all the wrapping went well, enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Eddie happy "Hump Day" Sir!

45 I spent a few hours patching on my spear house yesterday. Basically it's just roofing felt and lath so fixing the holes is  fairly easy.

I have some new lenses in for my glasses so that's the first order of business for me. After that it's back to gathering up stuff for spearing. I have to check out the stove and sharpen up the spear.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17889 on: Dec 11, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Not sure what the weather is going to be like. Weather Guessers are saying more mid 30s and some snow flurries. My wife left for work early today in case the roads are bad. Jeep isn’t finished yet. Probably because they are going to fit it in. The part seems straight forward. Watched it being installed on you tube.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good news your wife’s and yours doctors appointments went well. Prayers for your wife. Your lucky you could wire your generator in. My parents had a electrician wire theirs in.

Mason Eddie, Is this weather hurting your days at work?

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one at whatever they are doing.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17890 on: Dec 11, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Whopper Stopper, I’m sorry I missed your post. Do you keep a ice house on the ice all season? That’s good you fixed your spear house. Have you heard anything more from the nitwit who tried to screw you. Hopefully the new lenses help. Have a safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17891 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:41 AM »
WS after getting all of our snow gone due to the warm temperatures and rain I was not looking forward to you sharing that brutal cold you are having. Thanks for deciding not to share them as we are now guessed to be in the teens before warming back up to the 30's this week end.
Our lake had opened back up AGAIN yesterday. If the wind went down last night it might have skimmed back over at 19*. One time near break up I left my spud leaning against a friend shanty. He put it in his shanty. Before I got back to the lake his shanty went through in 12 foot of water. The trew a bunch of spears through the roof and were able to get it back out. Every thing was still in the shanty except my spud.

Eddie if you do decide to get a pair of sow shoes steer clear of the small ones. Unless you are on a packed trail the will not hold you up. When I was trapping beaver I bought a pair of 10 x 46 Alaskans after my bear paws a broke through a dead  fall getting caught in the branches. I learned to turn 180* if I need to so I could go back the way I came if I needed to. I wish I knew how many miles I put on those snow shoes.

Time to get breakfast so we can get some groceries before the crowds hit the store.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17892 on: Dec 11, 2019, 06:54 AM »
21* and cloudy this morning. I see the rain and warm weather yesterday broke up the ice in the river.

IW, glad the Dr. Appt's went fine.

Our trip went fine. Big "thumbs up" for the wife.  Next visit in 3 months. Long day. Christmas Party was ok. Not sure I would want to wait around for another one and then leave in 5:30 rush hour traffic. Wife did get to see a couple of her Forum friends. The one woman had lung transplant because she was in one of buildings on 9/11, but like all heroes doesn't talk about it much.

Hope everyone has a great day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17893 on: Dec 11, 2019, 07:11 AM »
Good morning again!

45 I usually just keep the house out for a month or so. After that I use my portable or I start tinkering in the garage on assorted projects. My lenses are the plastic type on steroids. The only positive is that they are light, other than that I hate them. I swear you look at them wrong and you pick up a new scratch, They come with a 2x in 2 year scratch warranty so I always take advantage of it. I just Heard from Visa a couple of days ago, this is what they said........We’ve contacted the merchant again with additional information about why you feel you shouldn’t be charged for the transaction listed above. The merchant has up to 30 days to respond.

If you have received a temporary credit and the merchant agrees that you are owed a refund, the temporary credit becomes permanent, and we’ll close your dispute.

If the merchant disagrees with our request, we’ll contact you with more details on what happens next.

We’ll let you know more as soon as we hear from the merchant. Until then, thank you for your patience.

It sure seems they give him plenty of time to respond. I am sure he thinks it is amusing dragging his feet knowing I wanted it by now and my hands are tied until the dispute is over

TT we are supposed to get close to 30 again by the weekend. It just seems the weather keeps playing with us.

h2l glad to read all was well for your wife :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17894 on: Dec 11, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad you made it thru your day ok yesterday  :clap:  don't envy you that drive  :pinch:

IW.....good to hear all went well at both doc appointments  :thumbsup:  will your new generator kick in automatically if the power goes out  ???

WS.....glad you can still use your old spear shack  :icefish:  any plans to maybe build a new one yourself  ???

TT.....hope you beat the crowds to the grocery store  ;)

IF45.....fingers crossed Mrs45 made it to work safely this morning  :)

Eddie......guessing time ran out this morning  :blink: :unsure:

MrC......funny you mentioned taking a break from the kitchen, decided to forgo wrapping and made a couple batches of peanut butter balls instead yesterday

hope you're feeling more rested today  :)

Need to do a resupply trip to the grocery store this morning, then think some peppermint truffles will get made later  ;)2  kitchen time beats wrapping gifts any day of the week  :woot: :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17895 on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:06 AM »
Good morning received maybe one inch of snow overnight today will be cloudy with a high of thirty seven. I heard last night there was a sad event in Jersey City,NJ. yesterday a shoot out resulting in six deaths my prayers for the families of all involved in this event. Closer to home actions by one of my town's police officers may see the town involved in legal action for possible racial profiling I will post a hyperlink for those of you interested in more details of this incident.
Icefisher-45 good to hear you got out for a walk with Mr.Dickens. May your wife have gotten to work with no troubles and you hear today from the dealer that your Jeep is ready for pick up.
Ice Wanderer happy to read you and your wife had good doctor visits. May she tolerate the radiation therapy well and see no problems from it. Remember to check your work before giving the generator a test run don't need electrical damage to your home. I assume your installed some type of safety breaker which turns off the generator once power is back on to prevent both the generator and power company electric supply form running through house wiring and causing major damage and possibly a fire.
Whopper Stopper seems a few people are in a rush to start there ice fishing seasons seen in the NH forum/board where someone drove a Jeep onto a lake and broke through thankfully no one was killed  only vehicle recovery and environmental damage clean up. It seems every year there are some deaths from people who ignore ice safety. May the person you hired to build the spearing shack not decide to go to court futher delaying you getting a settlement from Visa.
Tom Turkey similar ice conditions here things start freezing up then warmer weather returns. I agree with your snowshoe advice to Eddie have a pair of modern shoes forget their width but 28 inches in length on unpacked snow you sink in and still have to work hard to walk. i thought the Bear Paw design was favored from working in thick brush and woods being wide but short in length easier to move around where your Alaskan's are narraw but long little harder to turn and change directions. Also the web design on traditional snowshoes allows snow to pass through the shoe where most modern shoes have a solid surface your foot sits on so more weight to lift if your foot sinks into the snow. Think some wood frame snow shoes are now offered with heavy monofiliment lacing for the web part of the shoe.
Hunts2long glad your wife received a good report and you do not have to make the trip for another three months. Nice that your wife got to visit with people see chats with on the transplant patient forum. Do agree on the rush hour traffic by the time you reached my area of NY. had to be near 7 PM or later and traffic volume finally starting to lessen a bit.
Wallyworld guess you enjoy baking and you day when you worked in/at a bakery. How many varieties of cookies do you make for family and friends.
Eddie hope trip to Albany was not bad this morning. Have a good day at work.

Here is the link to story about police incident. this take you to news station's home page once there click on upstate New York and the Hudson Valley. My town is New Windsor.  www.spectrumlocalnews.com

Have a good day best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17896 on: Dec 12, 2019, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Crisp 19* to start this am, high of 29 today. Had some difficulty getting a connection yesterday morning.

Steve... thanks for sharing the info on your snowshoes, will keep that in mind!  :thumbsup:  The drive into work wasn’t too bad, we had about an inch or two of snow here as well. Did find a few patches of black ice along the way.
  Wally...the cookie factory is really pumping out some quality goods this season, yum!! Will be looking for a picture of those truffles at break, lol.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...sure hope everything goes your way with the transaction, ,man, what a PITA you’ve been through with that guy. Believe Jeff mentioned the Better Business Bureau....might be worthwhile contacting them and lodging a complaint as well.  :thumbsup:
  H2...excellent news on your wife, glad you had safe travels to and from the City.  :clap:  How’s the water level on the reservoir after that rain and melting?
  Tom...thanks for the info on the snowshoes as well, appreciate the advice.   :thumbsup:
  I-45... glad to read your wife is feeling better and her numbers are good, excellent news!   :clap:  Hope you get some good news today on the Jeep as well. Angelo is doing good. Recently he got to spend some time on the wall laying block and did pretty darn good. Made some mistakes, but that was expected, we all did.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...excellent news on both yours and wife’s appointments!  :clap:  Keeping your wife in thoughts and prayers.
The weather has been ok for us on the inside block work, that’s what we’ve been doing partly on the crappy days. Believe it or not, lol, today we’re pouring sidewalks outside near the NYS Museum...Doh!   ;D

If I have any gas left in the tank after working today, I hope to hit some private property close by for the last hour and a half with the muzzleloader. The recent rain and warmer temps we had put a hurting on the snow we had. Still about 8” guessing on the ground here, but now it’s compacted and hard, should be easy walking.
  Time to get ready for a December sidewalk pour, lol....Cawfee’s on gang!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17897 on: Dec 12, 2019, 05:14 AM »

It's 15* and clear here on my hill, with a bright moon! ::)
                           Eddie...…….Good luck hunting after work. :thumbsup:
                           Marv...……..The spear house guy doesn't seem to want to cooperate with visa, if he was a legitimate business guy, he would know that
                 he didn't live up to the contract. :cookoo: :%$#!:  Have you ever thought of having Lasik surgery and rid yourself of the classes and scratches.
                 I had it done and was thrilled at the difference it made in my life. No more fogging up in cold weather going inside. In summer no more drips of
                 sweat in them when you bend over. No more glasses getting caught on branches when going thick brush. It's something to think about. ???
                           Wally..........MMMMMM I like truffles. :woot: No my generator is not the big automatic type, I have to push it out side, start it, plug it im
                 and switch on the transfer switches. :flex:
                           H2L...........I'm glad to read that your wife is doing so well and doesn't have to go back for another 3 months. :flex: :clap:
                           I-45..........Glad to read that you wife's numbers are going down, still a ways to go to get to the target numbers.  :flex:
                           Steve........I bought a 10 circuit transfer switch box so no problems will arise when the power comes back on. :blink:
                           Yesterday I got the transfer switch box mounted to the wall next the breaker box, and wires into the main panel, I still have to wire the circuits.
                 And I've started getting the plug in box mounted out side but I need a hammer drill to mount it, I'm getting one today from #2 son. Then all I'll
                 have left to do is connect all the circuits, there are 20 wires to connect in the main panel.
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out playing!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17898 on: Dec 12, 2019, 06:00 AM »
13* this morning.

WW, I think the wife and daughter are doing more cookies today.

Eddie, good luck if they get out this afternoon. The lake came up about 6 inches with the rain and warm weather. It was enough to break up the ice out front in the river. The lake is still about 10 feet higher than normal.

IW, I am keeping an eye out for a generator myself. With the way they are regulating the water levels, springtime is becoming a concern.

I was beat yesterday. Tuesday's trip did me in.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17899 on: Dec 12, 2019, 06:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 18* here this morning. My wife went to work today and arrived safely. We talk on the phone while she’s driving. Her car has blue tooth so she talks over the radio. Last night she got her birthday present early. I got her a smart watch. She’s been wanting one and she deserves it putting up with everything over the last couple of years and her getting sick.  Her numbers are still good. We picked the Jeep up last night. Amazing what it cost for labor.

Ice Wanderer, It’s good you have the knowledge to hook up the generator. I would end up burning the house down.

Mason Eddie, Hope you get out after work and are successful.

Mr Clean, Thank you for the information on snow shoes. Now I know why they never worked for me.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a good day. Are you cooking more cookies?

Whopper Stopper, You need to report that guy to the better business bureau. Hopefully he doesn’t try and fight it.

Hunts2long, Glad the Party was ok and your wife got to meet some forum friends. Traffic sounded horrible.

Tom Turkey, That stinks you lost your spud. Hopefully you got to market before the crowds.

Prayers for the victims and their families in the senseless shooting in New Jersey. I don’t know what’s wrong with people. I hope everyone has a safe day and a good one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17900 on: Dec 12, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck out in the woods today  :flex: ;)2

IW.....same type of set up with our generator, works like a charm once you get it fired up  :thumbsup:

MrC.....interesting video  :blink:  I usually do 7 or 8 different "treats" for the holidays, not cookies so much (except for the FD) as the grandkids bake their own now  ;) 

H2L.....hope you're feeling more rested today, maybe a sampling of fresh baked cookies will get the blood flowing  ???  >:D  :woot:

IF45.....nothing is done inexpensively at a car dealer's garage  :nono: :%$#!: hope the Jeep is winter ready now

WS.....hopefully the guy realizes he was wrong, you have proof he was wrong and lets the case settle as is  :-\  sounds like he's a jerk that will drag things out as long as possible tho  ::)

Yesteday's work, peppermint truffles

gingerbread truffles

going to try to get my wrapping done today  :whistle:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17901 on: Dec 12, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

+12 heading to 20 later on, flurries at the moment. We are supposed to get a 2" dusting out of this round so nothing to concerning.

Eddie best of luck if you make it into the timber, I hope you have enough steam left to give it a go :thumbsup:

IW My eye Dr. said I wasn't a candidate for Lasik, I don't remember why ???

45 Nice present, I bet that scored a hug :clap:

WW What's going on in the workshop today ??? I did toy with the idea of building a fish house, but the guys price was actually pretty fair for how he made it. If I would have known what was coming I certainly would have started pounding nails.   

For those that have made comments about my fish house fiasco, at this time I am just following what Visa told me. They said they would handle it and not to contact the guy anymore and don't do anything on social media regarding it. They also said not to contact Pay Pal as they would be doing that. Once the dispute is closed I will be getting a hold of the Better Business Bureau, although I wouldn't expect much out of them. They are just a business and as long as the guy paid his dues they give a good rating. My old boss was turned into them a couple of times from things he did. Nothing ever came of it and he was always offered the last word whether he told the truth or not. The other day I saw where the guy was selling a fish house on Market Place (Face Book) and a couple people commented what a good guy he was to do business with. If not for Visa, I would have blasted him and let others know what a no good dirty rat he is Hahaha. There will be time after things are closed to get my lack of admiration expressed.

Good morning WW.............Dang, beautiful pictures :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17902 on: Dec 12, 2019, 11:33 AM »
Good day had problems with Weather Underground today so not sure what the temperature is currently . To follow up on police incident in my town the officer involved is now on administrative leave while an investigation is conducted..
Eddie you are welcome the traditional snowshoes will also be less noisy especially once snow gets any icy coating on it not going to sneak up on a deer unless it is very windy. May all go well  with the sidewalk pour assume the area will be covered and other tricks of the trade used to help the curing process.
Ice Wanderer I have limited electrical knowledge sounds like you have all your bases covered with the generator installation.  The three main concerns I hear about generators are make sure it produces enough power for your intended usage ,is hooked up correctly to your home and safely storing fuel/gasoline to power the generator.
Hunts2long may you be energized after a day of rest every trip the two of you make to NYC is a long day dealing with rush hour traffic also drains you mentally. Do they lower GSL to prevent ice damage to the dam.
Icefisher-45 labor cost on auto repairs have always been high that is where the dealerships and independent shops make their money. Nice present for your wife.
Wallyworld it will be interesting to see what comes out of the police incident. I have a question for you why are the treats you made yesterday called truffles is it because the look like the truffles the grow in the ground.Good to hear your grandchildren are now baking and your recipes and knowledge will be passed on to the next generation of your family.
Whopper Stopper guess it depends on where you live what is considered a dusting of snow by me that is a minor snow storm. May Visa be able to resolve everything with the shack builder.
Tom Turkey hope you got your shopping done before the stores got to crowded yesterday.

Have a safe and good Thursday. Best to all fishing and hunting
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17903 on: Dec 12, 2019, 11:58 AM »
MrC....you are correct, one definition is that truffles are so named due to their resemblance to the fungi truffle  :clap:  also I found another definition from the French, truffle is a soft round sweet made with chocolate, usually flavored with rum (which mine do not contain)  ;)2  I personally prefer the French explanation rather than having my treats compared to a fungus  :sick:  :blink:  :whistle:   :woot:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17904 on: Dec 12, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Didn’t do much today. My headache was very bad and my meds are increased so they put me to sleep.  My wife’s sugars are in the mid 100s she’s very tired still.

WallyWorld, I like the French definition of truffles. Those look very delicious.

Mr Clean, Hopefully it’s not a long investigation. It’s amazing how the weather guessers are wrong and still get paid well.

Whopper Stopper, Hope everything gets settled soon.

I hope everyone had a great day and everyone has a great evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17905 on: Dec 13, 2019, 02:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  23* light winds this am, high of 37 with some rain showers expected this afternoon.

I-45... hope those headaches have loosened their grip today, maybe some fresh air with Mr.Dickens today will help some?   :thumbsup:
  Steve...we’ve been using a concrete mix with hot water and a non corrosive accelerator added to speed up the setting process again. The areas are then covered with a heavy plastic sheeting followed by solar blankets after being finished to maintain heat and prevent freezing.
  Marv...had a nice medium Doe coming in at 4:10 yesterday afternoon, just what I was looking for. Just couldn’t get a clean shot. Maybe this afternoon will better.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the truffles look wonderful, excellent job!   :clap:
   H2...thanks for the update, shouldn’t be too much longer before it freezes up good.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope the wiring goes well, that’s awesome you can do it all yourself....I’m afraid to plug things in half the time, lol.   :clap:

Short on time this morning, but thank you all for the best wishes ...hope this afternoon is better...even if it is Friday the 13th!     ;D  :thumbsup:     Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17906 on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:15 AM »

It's 19* and clear here on my hill, another moon lit morning. ::)
                            Eddie...……...The end to your season is near, I hope you get one this afternoon. :flex: Electric work isn't as difficult as you may think,
                   it's just some are afraid of getting shocked.  :o When I was young I worked for my father in the well drilling business and we had to wire in
                   the pumps, that's where I got my start. When we were drilling wells for new  houses under construction, I would go in and talk to the electricians
                   and ask questions. I learned a lot. :flex: Then I started wiring on my own house. :whistle:
                            I-45........That's good news that your wife has her blood sugar in the mid 100's. My diabetic Dr. wants me to target from 90 to 130. ;D
                            H2L...…….I got my generator at Tractor Supply on sale for just over $800, also Home Depot had them on sale. Mine is 11500 watt peak
                   and 9200 running. :flex:
                            Marv.......When I had mine done in Canada there were people there that said their Dr.'s told them they weren't candidates but the Lasik
                   Dr.'s there said they could do it and that weren't any problems.  Another way to correct your sight would be cataract surgery, but insurance won't
                   cover it unless you have certain criteria. :unsure:
                            Steve...…I have wanted to go with an auotmatic generator, but they are way too much $$$$ and then they run on propane, my problem
                   with propane is the supplier charges a big delivery charge. :%$#!: I have propane for cooking and the last fill up was in October and I took 12 gal.
                   with the delivery charge the bill was $86. I am considering buying my own tank to fill it up at a local gas station, an complete empty 100 lbs tank
                   would only cost $50 to fill. :o
                            Wally...….That's interesting about the truffles, thanks for the information. :thumbsup:
                            I got the wiring all done on my generator hook up and today I will fire it up and do a break in period with a couple of circuits. :flex:
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out in the woods.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17907 on: Dec 13, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good Morning ER's sounds like peoples medical things improving. 30 here and warming a bit might be able to get on today. IW good that you can do the electrical stuff. Eddie hope your hunt goes well. Heading up to visit my daughter at college this weekend. I might have to stop in to scheels won a few pennies the last few weeks at the casino. Have a good day.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17908 on: Dec 13, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, My wife is off to work, Hoping to take Mr Dickens out for a walk today.

Old Goat, Hope you have a good visit with your daughter.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good you have the knowledge to wire the generator and your able to wire a house.

Mason Eddie, Hope your able to get out in the woods this afternoon.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17909 on: Dec 13, 2019, 05:53 AM »
19* this morning. Warming up with the rain/snow this afternoon.

Eddie, good luck this PM.

Mr. Clean, the lake is taken down to make room for the Spring rains and snow melt. Lake was built in late 30's to control flooding on the Hudson that happened every Spring.

IW, I will have to take a look generators at those places. Thanks.

WW, I think 4 or 5 kinds of cookies were produced yesterday. I try to stay out of the way.

Ice-45, hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.