Author Topic: Clam Nanook XL cover  (Read 2198 times)

Offline jmedy1

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam Nanook XL cover
« on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Just picked up a Nanook XL thermal and I'm trying to find a cover for it.  From what I can find is the cover with straps over the top on the clam website and a clam cover at Gander mountain without the straps.  Can anyone tell me the major differences or benefits of the compression straps? are there any 3rd party covers people are using for their shelters?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Clam Nanook XL cover
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:33 AM »
The straps just hold the cover down to the sled.for pulling with snowmobile or when its in the back of the truck so wind doesn’t rip it off.

Offline hawkfan24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:34 AM »
It’s the same one that’s listed for the previous Nanook. I verified with Clam before I bought mine from Dick’s on the 25% off sale last month. It does have the three straps across the top.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2019, 08:08 AM »
Just picked up a Nanook XL thermal and I'm trying to find a cover for it.  From what I can find is the cover with straps over the top on the clam website and a clam cover at Gander mountain without the straps.  Can anyone tell me the major differences or benefits of the compression straps? are there any 3rd party covers people are using for their shelters?

the covers that don't haver the straps are old carry overs from past season the store didn't sell. All Clam travel covers now have the straps. the straps just add another layer of protection as it help hold down the cover better then just the elastic band of the old style covers.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.