Author Topic: House Brands  (Read 1233 times)

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
House Brands
« on: Dec 06, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Lakes & Rivers, Cabela's, Gander, etc. Are their shelters and good? They are all significantly cheaper than clam, eskimo, and otter. I have been eyeing a 1-man flip for a while and I see fleet farm is now carrying one but lakes and rivers.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: House Brands
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2019, 12:14 PM »
I have a Cabelas hub that is a few years old that works well and have been happy with it

Offline jmedy1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:02 PM »
i have had a cabela's hub for years.  I have it on good accord that it is not only the same dimensions as the similar clam hub shelter, but is in fact made by clam.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Here's the deal. Someone (read major manufacturer) always makes the house brands. Did it for years at my work. Sysco, Cicis, Walgreens, use your imagination. Sure it was food products but nevertheless. No "house brand" is set up to make all their own stuff, They contract with an established manufacturer and make a deal. Trick is figuring out who makes what for whom...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:36 PM »
Here's the deal. Someone (read major manufacturer) always makes the house brands. Did it for years at my work. Sysco, Cicis, Walgreens, use your imagination. Sure it was food products but nevertheless. No "house brand" is set up to make all their own stuff, They contract with an established manufacturer and make a deal. Trick is figuring out who makes what for whom...

Yup... that is the question.
Veritas Odium Parit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.