Author Topic: Delta visit/live bait?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline fallenangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Delta visit/live bait?
« on: Mar 25, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick responses fellows.  I just got back from our usual bait spot and no dice.  Is there a handy spot near the delta to buy bait.
   In regards to our netted out spot, yes it was Dummy Lake.  It was a fantastic fishery.  Tons of nice perch, heavily stocked with walley, master angler walley and pike.  That lake is 60' deep and now there is hardly a keeper fish left.  Its such a shame.
   Anyway.  Hope to see you all out tomorrow.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Delta visit/live bait?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Actually the only place to buy bait there would be in Portage at Mcdonalds sporting goods. salted minnows would be the key. Just use half the minnow on a jig.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2005, 02:00 PM »
fallenangler....BigWal leye and I tried Dummy late in the season....we marked not that many fish....ALL very small......we pretty much tried all over....idiots....talk about total resource depletion....Grump >:(

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:06 AM »
I'm with BW that's all we used and we were hammering them. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Duramax

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:17 AM »
Welcome aboard fallenangel hope to hear more from your area, it is one of my favorite  fishing places in this wonderful province. ;D

Sorry to hear about Dummy... >:(  When was it netted? Any other lakes such as Stuart or  N/S Thomas affected? 

BW and TH are right, at Delta you only need salties, eyeballs or belly, livies work but they are very costly perch food... Good Luck at Delta!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.