Author Topic: Getting to Delta  (Read 992 times)

Offline fallenangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Getting to Delta
« on: Mar 25, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Hello everyone.  This is my first official visit to your site.  Wish I would have known about it sooner.  I have a problem.  I live near Riding Mountain National Park and used to fish a fantastic lake West of Elphinstone.  We could go on any given day, winter or summer, and get our limit of nice perch and walley every time (we usually eat fish 5 nights a week).  I fish with a lovely woman who likes fast action (that doesn't sound quite right).  At our old spot you couldn't fish with two lines on most days because the perch kept you too busy.  Unfortunately, last winter it got netted out.  I even went to the extent of getting a fish finder last summer and mapping the lake.  It was a miracle to find a fish never mind get a bite.  After twenty hours of hard fishing we caught one 6 inch walley and 5 medium perch.  Its a travesty.  I have tried a few other spots this winter but can't find anywhere that can keep my girl happy (changing fishing partners is not an option).  I guess she was spoiled with our hot spot. 
    I have heard so much about Lake Manitoba over the years and how the perch run in the south basin in the spring so I'm going to make the trip out tomorrow with my girl. 
    I'm hoping for some directions off of hwy #16.  I'm also hoping there are a few holes out there that aren't too old as I'll be old-timering it (spud).
    Looking forward to a response.

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Getting to Delta
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Welcome to the shanty FA! Hope this link will help you out should be lots of holes that you can spud out good luck.http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=22970.0

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Getting to Delta
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Welcome aboard FA. hey buddy are you referring to Dummy lake that got netted out. I heard nets were placed in during the summer. Good luck at Delta.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.