Author Topic: Dauphin Lake Weekend..Tales n Pics  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dauphin Lake Weekend..Tales n Pics
« on: Mar 12, 2005, 06:02 PM »
Well...made the day trip to Dauphin Lake today. Met up with Grumps and Trophy Hunter who stayed out over night. Then the report came...one Perch all night between two of them...it was a monster perch though. I managed one perch to elude the skunk. Grumps and Mountain Mama were absoultly great hosts !!!  Yummy food !!! Thanks to both of you  :) and nice to meet you as well. Nice meeting Rock Bottom, Trophy Hunter and good to see Monophil and Perch Pounder once again. They will be out Saturday night till Sunday...I bet they started biting like crazy even before I got off the ice  :D Good Luck !!!

Offline mountainmama

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Dauphin Lake Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2005, 07:26 PM »
Well it was a cold windy day on Lake Dauphin, but the meeting of new and old friends from IS was great. We didn't do too well as far as the fish in the afternoon, but I got an update from Grump a bit ago and they are hammering the walleye. They moved the shack further out onto the lake. I wish I could have stayed out there too but someone has to keep the home fires burning. :blink:  it was great to meet Ac and company. You are a lot of fun. It was fun to see Monophil, Perchpounder and Trophyhunter again.Rockbottom thanks for all the help with the shack.  We'll have to fish again, on soft water since the hard water season is nearly done. Good fishing everyone,  Mountainmama  ;D

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2005, 08:50 PM »
MM that is great. I was going to call grump today but I no longer have his cell number. Can you PM it to me please. I am glad they are having fun. I look forward to meeting that AC one day also.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2005, 12:27 AM »
I started a thread in the photo section...only one photo so far, but there will be more once the rest get home and plug their cameras into their computers.  See http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=23612.0

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention a couple of "AC moments"....

As Rock Bottom was moving the one shack of his, one of the skids broke off...it made it interesting shuffling it around and prepping the holes after that.

With the cooler, camping toilet, and virgin Mr. Heater and propane tank, I had more stuff in the back of the truck than usual.  Anyway, the bouncing getting off the lake (which was kind of fun) let to one rod getting damaged - the tip eyelet and guide closest to it took some damage...I'm not sure how repairable that will be...may need to find an end of season sale and replace the rod.

Derek

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Well thriller it could of been worst.  At least you caught a couple of walleye eh. 8) 8)

grumpymoe

Re: Dauphin Lake Weekend..Tales n Pics
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Wow!!...where do I start??....had to change vehicles before heading out to Dauphin with Trophyhunter friday evening....potential buyer meant taking a 2500HD 2WD....oh well....by the time gear is loaded, its going to be a dark drive onto the lake to the shack and meet up with Habanero Bob...cell rings just as we leave town...he's battling a nasty flu bug and wont be able to fish the evening or weekend....we meet up on the run, grab my gear...Trophyhunter gets behind the wheel  ;D ;D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     we get out to the lake, and head out over frozen drifts dodging the bigger ones.....try to find the shack in the dark....I know its over there somewhere....circle around....remember rockbottom offered to move it where his would be....out comes the spotlight....hmmm....l ooks like its over there....arrive and set up...get TH going after he chisels the last inch or two that my auger with no extension wont reach....I am not so lucky....rockbottom shows up in the night....chisel away....he brings on the heavy duty original Jiffy and its like ramming it into a pile of sand....finally its buckets of water to loosen the sticky ice that we cant dig out....finally after 9:00 we fish...on through the night...couple of power naps about 15-20 minutes....here's Trophyhunter looking his best of the weekend...(another story for another day  ;D ;D)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              its 10 to 3 in the morning.....drop a livey down to bottom.....little thud....bring up this chubby perch just over master angler at 13 1/4"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 not another hit through the night....early dawn from the shack at 6:20am                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   AC and GF and possibly more expected early morning.....they arrive and quickly set up in the brisk biting wind :flex: :flex:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ....thats the unmistakeable form of AC checking out the zipper ;D ;D....or is that duct tape and snap ties ;D ;D  the two and MC (his brother) settle in for some hardcore fishing braving the wind.....(I stay where its warm).....thas MC with his fake Iceshanty.com tournament entry... :roflmao:                                                                                                                                                                                                     AC hits the jackpot just before they leave....I figured that he pulled it from his armpit.... ;D ;D...I could be wrong  :unsure: :unsure:                                                                                                                                                                                         we're not catching fish....the discussion and decision to make a move is made...                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I think its to this spot (took a shot with full 40x zoom about 1/4 mile away.....but its not where i thought we were going..                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I wont give our spot away Rod....but if you look closely in the centre of the pic, you might be able to see the shacks where the boys hammered the eyes!!! :clap: :clap:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  rockbottom loses one skid as we near "THE SPOT"....quick fix and he's off to pull the Green Machine the last bit of the way....my 2WD grinds through the hardpack and can't move it out without damage......Thanks Rod for pulling her to the hotspot....no pic but he shows off GM pulling power and tows his last 2 8x12 shacks together to quicken setup time... :thumbsup:...oh....just after Mountainmama heads home, my phone rings....its Thriller and family....wow...show up for the late afternoon bite..way to go.....admire determination for a fun time even with more than double-time driving over fishing time....congrats Thille family and their tailwagging jigging machine... ;D ;D..................... ...................... to be continued.....Grump  :unsure: :unsure: :whistle:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Great pics grump. man sounds like you guy's had a blast. Trophy start saving for that hummer buddy ::) ::)  Wow nice perch. Where are those pics of the walleye?? Mouth is watering just thinking of them. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2005, 05:11 PM »
So perch are what grow in AC's armpits...green "truck", green suit, yellow perch...hmmm.

MC looks like he just bit the head off and really enjoyed the taste  ;) ;D :sick:

From what we saw (fish caught deadsticking), I'm thinking that long tail led to jigging action that was a bit quick for the fish  8) ::)  Filia does love getting out with us though...when we were packing up the truck to head out, she was in the yard pacing and whining at us.  It is worse in the summer when I hitch up the boat though.  I'll have to get a shot of her with us fishing someday and post it.

Derek

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:06 PM »
I'd like to remind all you lucky people that made it out there this weekend,
"A bad day of fishing is better that a good day at work"
I know, I was at work :sick:
Thanks for sharing.......great pics  :)
Hey TH, you do look good in that H2  8)

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont catch today? There is alway's tommorow!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Wow you guy's, it looks like the trip was a lot of fun, and some nice fish was caught. Good job guy's.
<'(()))<

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Looks like a great time. I have yet to meet the Manitoba gang. Oh well next time I will try and make it for sure. Look forward to meeting a few at the derby in dauphin this weekend.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2005, 09:59 PM »
You bet reelmaster. I will finally get to meet you so that I can cut your line. The prize is mine man. ;) ;) ;D ;D

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Sounds like all had fun that weekend Grump. So question for ya: How do you two stay up so late in the shanty? What's your secret? ??? ???

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2005, 12:06 PM »
VC that's a loaded question. ;D ;D :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:12 PM »
VC that's a loaded question. ;D ;D :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I'd have to say that's a good answer there Big Walleye; notice how Grump never chimed in on that one? :unsure:

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:38 PM »
VC....I totally missed your post...well......lets see........hey.....I did stay up all night, except for a couple power naps about 15 minutes worth....PM Trophyhunter for his!!!!..... :roflmao:...Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.